Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Watching the conference back and I do think it's worth noting what Lee said, he said he went and drove and moved his arm up, that implies it was a bit of a trek, not somewhere in London, also he said the chairman made it happen which implies Matt gave the go ahead for something in some capacity. Wasn't it around the same time Matt met the Peterborough chairman? If you piece two and two together it does make out as if them two had a chin wag, had an agreement and Bowyer meant to meet a player. With it being a permanent and fees being put in place we can write off Toney cause we know he's out of our range, Eisa I also think they will hold on to as he's on a long contract and they're in no rush to sell. I genuinely think we put a bid in for Maddison and that's who Bowyer met.

Yes I'm bored, yeah I probably need some new mates 

Probably hinting he was heading north to Brighton to discuss swapping out Kayal.
  • edited January 2020
    H Dean Birmingham defender £2m linked to us.
    Is your source @TransferCentre9 on twitter???

https://twitter.com/transfercentre9/status/1215690694465150977?s=21
    Comments under the tweet from Birmingham fans show they don't seem too bothered about him.

Ranging from 'get in' to 'i bloody wish' to the best of all 'i'll drive him there myself'

Blues fans are the Millwall of the Midlands - I wouldn't personally listen to much they have to say about anything - most of the blues noses I knew when I was growing up were thick as two short short planks. Most of the sensible Brummies I knew supported Albion or Villa.
    What they sell out every time we play them, constantly fill up the #CAFC hash tag whilst simultaneously claiming they don’t see us as rivals too??
  • edited January 2020
    I can confirm we won’t be getting anyone in tonight.

I can’t name my source but I’ve no reason to doubt them.
  • bobmunro said:
    Harlee Dean is 6ft 3 so hopefully will give us some more defensive aerial strength. According to wiki he signed a 4 year contract in the summer so surprised they'd let him go, unless it's for FFP reasons
    They are staring down the barrel of another points deduction and are certainly now one of the favourites to go down. They are going to need to ship costs quickly.

The kind of situation you might expect Gallen to be aware of and smart enough to use to his advantage to get a good deal on a player.
  • Emile Smith-Rowe signed for Huddersfield on loan. Good signing that, thought Arsenal knew better than to loan to anyone but us...
  • If we do sign Maddison from Posh the tweet from CAFCofficial ( probably from @Ollywozere ) might be mentioned.
  • cfgs said:
    If we do sign Maddison from Posh the tweet from CAFCofficial ( probably from @Ollywozere ) might be mentioned.
    Which tweet bud?
  • cafc_se7 said:
    cfgs said:
    If we do sign Maddison from Posh the tweet from CAFCofficial ( probably from @Ollywozere ) might be mentioned.
    Which tweet bud?
    I was looking for it, I am sure their chairman got angry at the time when our twitter claimed he had done a ridiculous dive. Probably only me that remembers though.
  • Sponsored links:

• H Dean Birmingham defender £2m linked to us.
    He is a Championship club captain and he is from London
    Did he play the day it was posted. 
  • cfgs said:
    I can confirm I know nothing about anything, source my wife.
    She told me the same thing about you.
  • Won't know till the morning 
  • any team showing an interest in signing Naby Sarr ?
    We have good connections with Bromley, maybe we could persuade them to have him

Wouldn't get in the team
  • 196 posts talking about Eddie Eddie Eddie Youds
    Thought you might be interested, I've got Eddie Youds signed CAFC shirt. 
    He's an Estate Agent now.
    Now that does surprise me. How do you know that?  what area? 
  • bobmunro said:
     Been out all day, just checked my phone to see  3 pages of "rumours".......on reading its mostly people debating buy-back clauses.

Ffs....Are we ever going to actually buy someone..!!  And I don't believe the deals for Keane & Gnanduillet have fallen through because we now have bugger fish to fry......more like we have no fecking money. 

Going to laugh tomorrow at all tte poor sids rocking up to their first game in years to find we have Davison up front & Hemed as cover on the bench. Ye gods.

Ignore GA everyone I am pretty sure he is either completely off his rocker, or just putting things for a LOL reaction because he cant think of anything actually funny. Tomorrow is just one game, a bit of patience I would rather we signed the right person rather than just anyone to fill gaps.

3 weeks left of this transfer window might be painful, but I will look forward to the Summer one :)

My money is on the former.
    Posts very interesting stories about his sex life though.

Any more btw @golfaddick?
    Beckenham.

I'm local to there, had a colleague of his come out to value my property a few years back.
  • bobmunro said:
     Been out all day, just checked my phone to see  3 pages of "rumours".......on reading its mostly people debating buy-back clauses.

Ffs....Are we ever going to actually buy someone..!!  And I don't believe the deals for Keane & Gnanduillet have fallen through because we now have bugger fish to fry......more like we have no fecking money. 

Going to laugh tomorrow at all tte poor sids rocking up to their first game in years to find we have Davison up front & Hemed as cover on the bench. Ye gods.

Ignore GA everyone I am pretty sure he is either completely off his rocker, or just putting things for a LOL reaction because he cant think of anything actually funny. Tomorrow is just one game, a bit of patience I would rather we signed the right person rather than just anyone to fill gaps.

3 weeks left of this transfer window might be painful, but I will look forward to the Summer one :)

My money is on the former.
    Posts very interesting stories about his sex life though.

Any more btw @golfaddick?
    Not that I can post on here........this thread is only for rumours....😁
    Beckenham.

I'm local to there, had a colleague of his come out to value my property a few years back.
    I thought he was a builder and drinks in the crown at Blackheath. Used to see him on London Bridge platform in his building gear. 

Good few years ago. So good for him if he’s got a new business 
  • Sponsored links:

• 2121 said:
    I rate aneke always looks dangerous hen he come on, mostly. I ddidntnthink we used him enough. Did we ever give him a start?

Oztumer ran the place at west brom. Weird how we played well against west Brom and beat leeds (altho leeds had chances tbf). 
    I don't think we underused him - he has been injured after pretty much every game he has been involved in
    His first touch makes Jason Euell look like Zidane
  • Sky Sports are saying that a number of Championship clubs are chasing Striker: Yohan Boli from STVV

Surely not...
    Case of incredibly lazy journalism, he’s just moved to Qatar 2 days ago. 
  • robroy said:
    196 posts talking about Eddie Eddie Eddie Youds
    Beckenham.

I thought he was a builder and drinks in the crown at Blackheath. Used to see him on London Bridge platform in his building gear. 

Good few years ago. So good for him if he’s got a new business 
    got the market sewn up .. he builds em then flogs em ((:>)
  • cfgs said:
    I can confirm I know nothing about anything, source my wife.
    She told me the same thing about you.
    Top bants
  • We need a player like Grant.

Or just buy him back!
  • Redrobo said:
    We need a player like Grant.

Or just buy him back!
    Hudds will want a LOT more for him than they paid .. for (say) £5 Million, yes, but I suspect that would not be anywhere near the asking price 
  • edited January 2020
    More like 20 million I’d imagine.