Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• I would be surprised if Aneke was loaned out. The priority is surely to get him fit and contributing.
    Depends on who we sign. IF we were to sign someone like Maddison I don't see a future for him. If we don't sign any other attacking midfielders then maybe he has a shot at playing. He could also be used as a 5th choice striker. Might get a game up top if Hemed doesn't turn up and Green doesn't work out. 
  • robroy said:
    Are buy back clauses legal? It looks like a third party interest to me - the selling club has control of your player. 
    Yep. Chelsea have one for Nathan Ake. There's no control, you just have an agreed future fee for the player. If the original club bids that amount then you agree to accept the offer, that's it. Bournemouth signed Ake for £20m and if Chelsea bid £40m then Bournemouth will accept it.
    Why would they not bid £21m? Not being funny just dont understand it mate
    Because the buy back clause in the Contract is £40m; Bournemouth can reject everything up to that amount
  • Scoham said:
    Toney seems well out of our budget, I can't see a championship club going for him, 8  figures for a player unproven in the championship is insane. I imagine he will be off somewhere in the summer, maybe a relegated prem team with parachute payments.
    I honestly think that if we sign anybody from Peterborough it will be Eisa. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we did that and loaned them a player (I’m thinking Morgan) to sweeten the deal. 
    I wouldn't be surprised if it is Aneke. If we sign a few I think he will go out on loan. 
    Good call on Aneke. WHEN (or should I say IF) we have everybody back fit, and have new signings in I think he will very much be the one that is surplus to requirements. 
    Yeah I think so too, not sure Bowyer will keep both Oztumer and Aneke around. 
  • robroy said:
    Are buy back clauses legal? It looks like a third party interest to me - the selling club has control of your player. 
    Yep. Chelsea have one for Nathan Ake. There's no control, you just have an agreed future fee for the player. If the original club bids that amount then you agree to accept the offer, that's it. Bournemouth signed Ake for £20m and if Chelsea bid £40m then Bournemouth will accept it.
    Why would they not bid £21m? Not being funny just dont understand it mate
    Because the agreed buy-back price is £40m. It's agreed that way so if Bournemouth have to lose Ake toChelsea, they at least get a £20m profit. Chelsea agree to that price because if Bournemouth develop Ake to being a world-class player, £40m isn't too much. If they don't, they don't have to buy him.
  • Think it would be daft to loan out players that are effectively first team players

We've had a horrible run of injuries yet appear to be getting away with it now because those players are coming back

Why loan them out and so risk it happening again

Thats why we're looking at bringing a handful of players in this month so we're even more protected from it happening again

Bowyer has already said he wont make wholesale signings because he wants to be loyal to those players already here
  • I'm frankly amazed no-one has come in for tomorrow, I expected a striker to be signed. Unless of course it's been done and he's training with the lads and it'll be announced anytime soon.
  • edited January 2020
    Scoham said:
    Toney seems well out of our budget, I can't see a championship club going for him, 8  figures for a player unproven in the championship is insane. I imagine he will be off somewhere in the summer, maybe a relegated prem team with parachute payments.
    I honestly think that if we sign anybody from Peterborough it will be Eisa. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we did that and loaned them a player (I’m thinking Morgan) to sweeten the deal. 
    I wouldn't be surprised if it is Aneke. If we sign a few I think he will go out on loan. 
    Good call on Aneke. WHEN (or should I say IF) we have everybody back fit, and have new signings in I think he will very much be the one that is surplus to requirements. 
    Oztumer has been great.

In a full strength team he has earned my respect with his performances.

Aneke hasnt, although maybe that is because I expected a bit more from Pre season showing
  • Bet Aneke in the No.10 role behind Bonne and Taylor would be a nightmare for centre-backs
  • IF Aneke can stay fit and get his body in a shape that allows him more mobility I think we would have a real player on our hands.  He is big, strong and has serious talent.  I think however he has spent his whole career being injury prone so a tough one to turn around.
  • Sponsored links:

• Oztumer much > Aneke in the 10 role.
  • Oztumer much > Aneke in the 10 role.
    We've barely seen Aneke so not sure how you can say that. Would be good to have both options, little and large. 
  • Scoham said:
    Oztumer has been great.

Aneke hasnt, although maybe that is because I expected a bit more from Pre season showing
    Has he? Even ignoring the injuries and focusing on performances I think great is stretching it. 

I enjoyed his debut and he's done ok since, although I have only seen him a couple of times. 
  • Talal said:
    Oztumer much > Aneke in the 10 role.
    We've barely seen Aneke so not sure how you can say that. Would be good to have both options, little and large. 
    We've barely seen Oztumer either, I would say from what we have seen of them both the Oztumer has looked the better player.
  • IF Aneke can stay fit and get his body in a shape that allows him more mobility I think we would have a real player on our hands.  He is big, strong and has serious talent.  I think however he has spent his whole career being injury prone so a tough one to turn around.
    He did play 70 odd games for MK Dons in the last two years though, think injury prone is a bit harsh. He suffered in Belgium but seemed to be over that. 
  • Talal said:
    We've barely seen Oztumer either, I would say from what we have seen of them both the Oztumer has looked the better player.
    Definitely technically, but Aneke does give us different options. A lot of our midfield is small so I can see the attraction of Aneke as a No 10. 
  • Talal said:
    Well we've certainly seen more, he's started games, Aneke hasn't even done that yet. Until he gets a start I don't think he can be judged too harshly. 
  • Scoham said:
    Oztumer has been great.

Has he? Even ignoring the injuries and focusing on performances I think great is stretching it. 

I enjoyed his debut and he's done ok since, although I have only seen him a couple of times. 
    He was very good against Forest and Cardiff which he both started.

Im not sure of the other games he has started to be honest, Birmingham maybe and dont think he was awful that day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Oztumer has been great.

Im not sure of the other games he has started to be honest, Birmingham maybe and dont think he was awful that day.
    I didn't see Cardiff to be fair and had forgotten about that one. He was definitely good against Forest, but only really did anything in the first half. Overall I think he's done ok, nothing more. 

I'm keen to see more but I have my doubts over his consistency. 
  • Bugger fish?
  • edited January 2020
     Been out all day, just checked my phone to see  3 pages of "rumours".......on reading its mostly people debating buy-back clauses.

Ffs....Are we ever going to actually buy someone..!!  And I don't believe the deals for Keane & Gnanduillet have fallen through because we now have bugger fish to fry......more like we have no fecking money. 

Going to laugh tomorrow at all tte poor sids rocking up to their first game in years to find we have Davison up front & Hemed as cover on the bench. Ye gods.

Are a lot of our skint fans called Sid.....and did they all boycott?
  •  Been out all day, just checked my phone to see  3 pages of "rumours".......on reading its mostly people debating buy-back clauses.

Ffs....Are we ever going to actually buy someone..!!  And I don't believe the deals for Keane & Gnanduillet have fallen through because we now have bugger fish to fry......more like we have no fecking money. 

Going to laugh tomorrow at all tte poor sids rocking up to their first game in years to find we have Davison up front & Hemed as cover on the bench. Ye gods.
    What you do in your own time is your business.
  • Scoham said:
    Oztumer has been great.

I didn't see Cardiff to be fair and had forgotten about that one. He was definitely good against Forest, but only really did anything in the first half. Overall I think he's done ok, nothing more. 

I'm keen to see more but I have my doubts over his consistency. 
    I agree, dont think he has had the luxury in playing with our best side many times.

He was one of the senior pros against Sheff Wed (which said a lot that day) and was very unlucky with the Pen conceded, but in a normal game I wouldnt expect him back there doing that tackle
  •  Been out all day, just checked my phone to see  3 pages of "rumours".......on reading its mostly people debating buy-back clauses.

Have a day off. 

Would you rather we got our targets in or will anybody do? 

Do what I do, I hardly read any posts that have been posted by someone on here, I just skim through looking for twitter quotes or items from the OS as they always seem to contain something near to a proper rumour or even the truth.

• Isn't it de rigueur to make overtly complicated social media 'viral' videos to announce signings anyway.  We might have had all 5 in last week, but Olly's team is doing a Star Wars meets JoJo Rabbit mashup video to announce them all. 
  • Gillis said:
     Been out all day, just checked my phone to see  3 pages of "rumours".......on reading its mostly people debating buy-back clauses.

What you do in your own time is your business.
    Works for The Samaritans.