Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Sage said:
    Regarding the potential loan signing, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if we make another one at the end of the month, so long as we manage to get Cullen in on a permanent contract. He’s falling further down the pecking order at West Ham, especially as they’ve got in Fernandes and apparently looking at getting in Fellaini too. The longer it goes on, the less chance he has of getting into that side. He’d be far better off signing for us permanently.
    Dont know why clubs dont just let clubs sign players yet include an opportunity to buy back / first refusal on any future deals

Means Cullen could come join us - No pissing about with going back every year - if he then reaches any potential; West Ham can purchase him again for a cheaper fee!!

Takes the piss a bit out of the club who have purchased the player in the first place and showed a bit  of that with Deulofeu and Barcelona
    i'm sure the spanish teams do that. Also that lad from Shef Utd that was meant to be coming, they have that clause on him too
  • I think an important part of what Southall said is that we are not getting players in to save us from relegation but to help us go forwards over a number of years. Therefore, to me, it seems the likes of the Blackpool striker and Sheffield U centre back were seen more as getting bodies through the door for more short term gain. That approach makes sense to me and could result in these ‘marquee’ signings which may take a little longer to get over the line.
  • robroy said:
    Sage said:
    Regarding the potential loan signing, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if we make another one at the end of the month, so long as we manage to get Cullen in on a permanent contract. He’s falling further down the pecking order at West Ham, especially as they’ve got in Fernandes and apparently looking at getting in Fellaini too. The longer it goes on, the less chance he has of getting into that side. He’d be far better off signing for us permanently.
    Dont know why clubs dont just let clubs sign players yet include an opportunity to buy back / first refusal on any future deals

Means Cullen could come join us - No pissing about with going back every year - if he then reaches any potential; West Ham can purchase him again for a cheaper fee!!

Takes the piss a bit out of the club who have purchased the player in the first place and showed a bit  of that with Deulofeu and Barcelona
    i'm sure the spanish teams do that. Also that lad from Shef Utd that was meant to be coming, they have that clause on him too
    Yeah Spanish teams do it a lot. Carvajal, Casemiro and Morata all went back to Real on buy back clauses after being sold. 
  • Sage said:

Then Fulham, for example offer us £10 million for Cullen.  We tell them to jog on. They tell westham they will pay £10 mill for him so westham buy him back from us for 5 and sell him on for ten. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Sage said:

Then Fulham, for example offer us £10 million for Cullen.  We tell them to jog on. They tell westham they will pay £10 mill for him so westham buy him back from us for 5 and sell him on for ten. 
    not sure you can have two moves in the same window though, maybe to stop this sort of thing?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Sage said:

and?  

In that case we'd be stupid not to take the £10m in the first place.  I think wages are the problem not the registration. Cullen is probably earning more than we are paying him, certainly last season

I think sale and buyback clause happens a lot more in top leagues because of the restrictions on the number of loans teams can have generally get stricter.  Chelsea have one for Ake and Bournemouth for instance
  • Scoham said:
    Toney seems well out of our budget, I can't see a championship club going for him, 8  figures for a player unproven in the championship is insane. I imagine he will be off somewhere in the summer, maybe a relegated prem team with parachute payments.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Sage said:

not sure you can have two moves in the same window though, maybe to stop this sort of thing?
    Wolves did something similar with Afobe - had him on loan and then signed him on a perm for £10m. The next day they loaned him to stoke for 6 months on the proviso that stoke signed him permanently at the end of the loan for £12m.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Sage said:

You can, what you can't do is play for 3 teams. 
  • Scoham said:
    Toney seems well out of our budget, I can't see a championship club going for him, 8  figures for a player unproven in the championship is insane. I imagine he will be off somewhere in the summer, maybe a relegated prem team with parachute payments.
    I honestly think that if we sign anybody from Peterborough it will be Eisa. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we did that and loaned them a player (I’m thinking Morgan) to sweeten the deal. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:

Happenede to my Spanish team, Deportivo. We bought a decent winger from Atletico Madrid, he had a stormer for us, and hey presto, they gave us the money back, took the player and sold him for triple to Zaragoza. I really fail to see the advantage in that - if they player turns out to be rubbish you're stuck with a dud, and if he improves, he goes back and the parent club get a bonus.
  • edited January 2020
    Scoham said:
    I honestly think that if we sign anybody from Peterborough it will be Eisa. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we did that and loaned them a player (I’m thinking Morgan) to sweeten the deal. 
    I wouldn't be surprised if it is Aneke. If we sign a few I think he will go out on loan. 
  • “Happenede” ??  Are you half Spanish 😂
  • Steve just officially been made D.O.F great stuff 
  • Scoham said:
    I wouldn't be surprised if it is Aneke. If we sign a few I think he will go out on loan. 
    Good call on Aneke. WHEN (or should I say IF) we have everybody back fit, and have new signings in I think he will very much be the one that is surplus to requirements. 
  • So no announcement today but doesn’t mean we didn’t sign someone before 12:00.  I’m hoping it’s a striker that they are keeping quiet about so WBA aren’t prepared and they can make the intro/welcome tomorrow!
  • Sage said:

Happenede to my Spanish team, Deportivo. We bought a decent winger from Atletico Madrid, he had a stormer for us, and hey presto, they gave us the money back, took the player and sold him for triple to Zaragoza. I really fail to see the advantage in that - if they player turns out to be rubbish you're stuck with a dud, and if he improves, he goes back and the parent club get a bonus.
    The initial buying club gets the player at a cheaper price though

Suppose we value Dempsey at 200k, Lincoln want him and he wants to go to Lincoln, but they can't afford 200k. We reduce the price to 20k but include a 500k buy back clause. Lincoln get the player they want AND if he turns out to be great, we can profit from it by buying him back.
  • Maddison from posh. Buy out clause already agreed. Short trip up m11 for chat with bowyer. Deal done !!!!! Or just a rumour ? 
  • Are buy back clauses legal? It looks like a third party interest to me - the selling club has control of your player. 
  • markmc68 said:
    Maddison from posh. Buy out clause already agreed. Short trip up m11 for chat with bowyer. Deal done !!!!! Or just a rumour ? 
    If we were to sign Maddison the best thing about the deal would be the fact he'd stop being a thorn in our side

He's a lower league version of Lee Tomlin - Loves playing against us!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:

The initial buying club gets the player at a cheaper price though

Suppose we value Dempsey at 200k, Lincoln want him and he wants to go to Lincoln, but they can't afford 200k. We reduce the price to 20k but include a 500k buy back clause. Lincoln get the player they want AND if he turns out to be great, we can profit from it by buying him back.
    Lincoln also benefit from this by getting a good player and reciving around 500k when they only spent 20 for example 
  • I think Maddison is the most likely out of the 3 most wanted at Pboro, contract running low being the main reason, would be some signing, more or less every championship club wants him, even seen Villa fans mention him
  • Are buy back clauses legal? It looks like a third party interest to me - the selling club has control of your player. 
    They don't really have control though, do they? Just first refusal.
  • markmc68 said:
    Maddison from posh. Buy out clause already agreed. Short trip up m11 for chat with bowyer. Deal done !!!!! Or just a rumour ? 
    If we were to sign Maddison the best thing about the deal would be the fact he'd stop being a thorn in our side

He's a lower league version of Lee Tomlin - Loves playing against us!!
    Like when we signed Mendonca. He used to always score against us
  • I would be surprised if Aneke was loaned out. The priority is surely to get him fit and contributing.
    Yep. Chelsea have one for Nathan Ake. There's no control, you just have an agreed future fee for the player. If the original club bids that amount then you agree to accept the offer, that's it. Bournemouth signed Ake for £20m and if Chelsea bid £40m then Bournemouth will accept it.
  • I would be surprised if Aneke was loaned out. The priority is surely to get him fit and contributing.
    In the unlikely event he's properly fit and healthy before the end of this window he's straight in the team, we're currently that short of bodies with more than 10 games under their belts.
    In a squad with 3 or more of: Williams, Bonne, JFC, Green, Doughty, Taylor, Morgan fit and available Chuks doesn't get near the 1st team.  If they all recover in the next coupla weeks, he could get loaned out.  More likely we'll be stuck with him til the summer.
    Yep. Chelsea have one for Nathan Ake. There's no control, you just have an agreed future fee for the player. If the original club bids that amount then you agree to accept the offer, that's it. Bournemouth signed Ake for £20m and if Chelsea bid £40m then Bournemouth will accept it.
    Why would they not bid £21m? Not being funny just dont understand it mate
  • robroy said:
    Are buy back clauses legal? It looks like a third party interest to me - the selling club has control of your player. 
    Why would they not bid £21m? Not being funny just dont understand it mate
    He's written it badly: the fee Bournemouth paid was £20m.

Chelsea's buy-back is £40m, so they'd have to pay that to buy him back