Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• edited January 2020
    I really hope it’s the Arsenal centre forward who was on loan at Leeds.
    Rhymes with  Chiquitita (Abba) 😉
  • 196 posts talking about Eddie Eddie Eddie Youds
    "Ohhhhh"
  • Luke Woolfenden and Flynn Downs of Ipswich alongside Maddison and Tooney of Peterbrough would be decent. Not rumours but better than chatting about ex purchases...
  • bobmunro said:
    today's press states that the Blades 'will not stand in the way' of Kean Bryan joining CAFC .. no mention of loan or permanent
    central defender ? .. he's 6'1" .. too small in the middle for my liking and only ever played in the lower divisions 

The best central defender I've seen in the world during the last 30 years is 5'9".

I'm not for a nanosecond comparing Bryan to the great Cannavaro but the point is made.
    Please don’t forget Nesta or Maldini mate
  • bobmunro said:
    today's press states that the Blades 'will not stand in the way' of Kean Bryan joining CAFC .. no mention of loan or permanent
    central defender ? .. he's 6'1" .. too small in the middle for my liking and only ever played in the lower divisions 

The best central defender I've seen in the world during the last 30 years is 5'9".

I'm not for a nanosecond comparing Bryan to the great Cannavaro but the point is made.

Of course not - but Fabio was the best of the bunch.
  • @Redhenry heard anything? 
  • bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

Of course not - but Fabio was the best of the bunch.
    Controversial ;) I’d go with 1. Maldini, 2. Cannavaro 3. Nesta 

with literally hardly anything between them
  • Baresi?!
  • Not that I want to get drawn into a historical discussion but when I was a youngster Franco Baresi was the best in the World. He was far from imposing in build just his presence.
  • Luke Woolfenden and Flynn Downs of Ipswich alongside Maddison and Tooney of Peterbrough would be decent. Not rumours but better than chatting about ex purchases
    i would take Gwion Edwards from Ipswich as well!
  • Sponsored links:

• So are we no longer concerned that Redhenry is saying we are paying peanuts? 
  • E_cafc said:
    Used to like Mark Bowen.  Very assured and his experience was invaluable.  Also took a very good penalty in the play off final 98.
    I bumped into him the night of the 4-3 win at Villa at Ms AA's cousin's party - she and Bowen are besties.  He was, understandably, buzzing.
  • Now we've given up with the transfer rumours, can we not start with the fish puns?
    Why?  We're having a whale of a time.
  • As a stop gap i would get Leon Clarke back. 
    I don’t get the impression any of the players we’re trying to sign are seen as stop gaps.
  • So are we no longer concerned that Redhenry is saying we are paying peanuts? 
    I think peanuts is relative.  Judging by the players we got in the summer (and Taylor, yes Sunderland might have offered more but if was "life changing" more he would have gone there) it's more the transfer fees, not wages we didnt/couldn't/wouldn't pay. 

The striker that went to Sunderland, the 2 that went to Wigan, and the winger that has just gone to Oxford on loan (I can't remember all their names), were all players Bowyer has said he was intrested in, all went for transfer fees.  I don't think wages would have been the problem. 
  • el-pietro said:
    Is this a transfer rumours thread or transfer history? 
    Fair, but theres more solid information on this page than the previous 82 combined.
    I'm only saying it in a light hearted way mate, I'm not that serious 😂

• Very interesting to see these odds......
    May just be because a few have had a bet after Southall met Posh’s chairman.
  • Scoham said:

Very interesting to see these odds......
    May just be because a few have had a bet after Southall met Posh’s chairman.
    It’s been a long day, my brain didn’t even consider that right now
  • Sponsored links:

• Well, if there aren't any rumours going around then you can't post any. 3 different posters had various names for our first signing and only 1 got it right (so he said afterwards) and that was 1 of 3 names he had heard.

I reckon no signings tomorrow but a couple early next week.....but probably players not mentioned on here.
  • When Lee Bowyer drove to talk to a Player after the Chairman gave the ok, was anyone not disappointed that Matt didn't give the Mileage that Lee drove from Sparrow lane ?
    Ok just me, I love a quiz.
  • 9hrs to go to sign someone to play tomorrow. Come on chaps, you can do this.

Wishing you all good luck.
  • Redrobo said:
    9hrs to go to sign someone to play tomorrow. Come on chaps, you can do this.

If we get one across the line today, it has to be a striker, surely?
  • People know our situation with injuries and we need players in so there trying to make us pay more.if we have to wait a extra week then so be it. If we signed the Blackpool striker now and pay an extra amount than what his worth still doesn’t mean we will beat WBA. 
    Thought you might be interested, I've got Eddie Youds signed CAFC shirt. 
    Thought you might be interested, I've got Eddie Youds signed CAFC shirt. 
    Dont remember signing it. You're making it up.
  • se9addick said:
    Sage said:
    Redrobo said:
    9hrs to go to sign someone to play tomorrow. Come on chaps, you can do this.

If we get one across the line today, it has to be a striker, surely?
    It’ll be whoever we’ve agreed a transfer fee, contract and completed a medical with first. Players don’t have to be signed in order of positional necessity. 

I’d love us to have at least one in for tomorrow, but I doubt it. 
    Of course, and that’s not what I was suggesting. If we sign anyone prior to midday today, that’s excellent news. Just in terms of where we are with the squad, we really could do with it being a striker.