Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Just looked at the OS and thought we'd resigned Robert Lee
  • Little disappointed we did nor sign anyone. The confidence shown at The press conference that we will stay up worries me. Every game counts from now and we need reinforcements
  • Bugger fish?
    Slippery bottom feeders  ;)
  • Talal said:
    Oztumer much > Aneke in the 10 role.
    We've barely seen Aneke so not sure how you can say that. Would be good to have both options, little and large. 
    Who’s we?  I’ve seen him play for MK Dons plenty of times.
  • Not worried by the lack of signings yet.  West Brom away is a free hit.  I'm sure we'll have a couple of players in by next week.  We'll stay up & push on next year.

This really is an exciting chapter in our history.  Great times ahead, I can feel it

It’s at home!!!!!
  • T said:
    Isn't it de rigueur to make overtly complicated social media 'viral' videos to announce signings anyway.  We might have had all 5 in last week, but Olly's team is doing a Star Wars meets JoJo Rabbit mashup video to announce them all. 
    Who’s De Rigueur, our new striker?
  • Taxi_Lad said:
    Not worried by the lack of signings yet.  West Brom away is a free hit.  I'm sure we'll have a couple of players in by next week.  We'll stay up & push on next year.

This really is an exciting chapter in our history.  Great times ahead, I can feel it

It’s at home!!!!!
    Just making sure you were paying attention!
  • Talal said:
    We've barely seen Aneke so not sure how you can say that. Would be good to have both options, little and large. 
    Fair enough, maybe mention that on the initial post as it's not obvious. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Talal said:
    Talal said:
    Lol why, surely we can give opinions on players without mentioning level of personal experience.
  • 196 posts talking about Eddie Eddie Eddie Youds
    Thought you might be interested, I've got Eddie Youds signed CAFC shirt. 
    He's an Estate Agent now.
  •  Been out all day, just checked my phone to see  3 pages of "rumours".......on reading its mostly people debating buy-back clauses.

Ffs....Are we ever going to actually buy someone..!!  And I don't believe the deals for Keane & Gnanduillet have fallen through because we now have bugger fish to fry......more like we have no fecking money. 

Going to laugh tomorrow at all tte poor sids rocking up to their first game in years to find we have Davison up front & Hemed as cover on the bench. Ye gods.
    Have a day off. 

Would you rather we got our targets in or will anybody do? 
    Precisely.
  • Talal said:
    Talal said:
    Lol why, surely we can give opinions on players without mentioning level of personal experience.
    Ok mate. I just wouldn't have responded in the same way if at all.
  • Talal said:
    Talal said:
    We've barely seen Oztumer either, I would say from what we have seen of them both the Oztumer has looked the better player.
    Well we've certainly seen more, he's started games, Aneke hasn't even done that yet. Until he gets a start I don't think he can be judged too harshly. 
    No of course. I am not judging Aneke harshly, just feel like Oztumer so far looks like he has more of that ability to create something out of nothing with a bit of skill or a pass. The way Aneke plays, I just feel that he can be marked out the game or nullified easier.
  •  Been out all day, just checked my phone to see  3 pages of "rumours".......on reading its mostly people debating buy-back clauses.

Ffs....Are we ever going to actually buy someone..!!  And I don't believe the deals for Keane & Gnanduillet have fallen through because we now have bugger fish to fry......more like we have no fecking money. 

Going to laugh tomorrow at all tte poor sids rocking up to their first game in years to find we have Davison up front & Hemed as cover on the bench. Ye gods.

Ignore GA everyone I am pretty sure he is either completely off his rocker, or just putting things for a LOL reaction because he cant think of anything actually funny. Tomorrow is just one game, a bit of patience I would rather we signed the right person rather than just anyone to fill gaps.

3 weeks left of this transfer window might be painful, but I will look forward to the Summer one :)

• Sponsored links:

• Maddison gone from 6/4 to 11/10 on skybet, someone chucked money on again
  • Maddison gone from 6/4 to 11/10 on skybet, someone chucked money on again
    Was feeling flush so had two quid each way
  • I rate aneke always looks dangerous hen he come on, mostly. I ddidntnthink we used him enough. Did we ever give him a start?

Oztumer ran the place at west brom. Weird how we played well against west Brom and beat leeds (altho leeds had chances tbf). 
  • edited January 2020
    Maddison gone from 6/4 to 11/10 on skybet, someone chucked money on again
    Interesting, skybet I take it?  Should be the main source for rumours to be fair the bookies always know.
  • PopIcon said:
    My Posh mate seems to think we have triggered Maddisons sell on clause. 
    Could this be the player Bows went to meet a few days back?
    I'm personally taking it with a pinch of salt. ESI splashing £2.5m feels a bit like fantasyland to me.

I wouldn't be so sure. I think us paying a fee in the 2 to 5 million range is not implausible and certainly not out of whack with 'Championship money'. The idea of us splashing ~10 mill on someone like Toney does seem a bit far fetched. We may have been using our apparent interest in Toney or Eisa a smokescreen for our real target being Maddison, or of course it could be vice-versa. If we're signing a player from Posh though, it's Eisa or Maddison, I think.

I'm not sure where Maddison fits with our system - isn't he primarily a winger? And we do have surfeit of attacking mids, albeit mostly injured right now.
  • I wouldn't write Chucks off just yet, I've seen some real moments of class from him, he may just need a run of games and some work horses around him. I imagine playing behind a striker like Lyle with Gallagher and Cullen behind him in the middle for instance we would see the best out of him. 
    I agree - I think there’s a real handful of a player there just need to get him in the groove somehow 
  • PopIcon said:
    My Posh mate seems to think we have triggered Maddisons sell on clause. 
    Could this be the player Bows went to meet a few days back?
    I'm personally taking it with a pinch of salt. ESI splashing £2.5m feels a bit like fantasyland to me.

I wouldn't be so sure. I think us paying a fee in the 2 to 5 million range is not implausible and certainly not out of whack with 'Championship money'. The idea of us splashing ~10 mill on someone like Toney does seem a bit far fetched. We may have been using our apparent interest in Toney or Eisa a smokescreen for our real target being Maddison, or of course it could be vice-versa. If we're signing a player from Posh though, it's Eisa or Maddison, I think.

I'm not sure where Maddison fits with our system - isn't he primarily a winger? And we do have surfeit of attacking mids, albeit mostly injured right now.
    I'm a bit puzzled too, when we already have Williams, Aneke and Oztumer who to me play in a fairly similar position, and dare I say it Green as well

• H Dean Birmingham defender £2m linked to us.
  • Scoham said:
    Toney seems well out of our budget, I can't see a championship club going for him, 8  figures for a player unproven in the championship is insane. I imagine he will be off somewhere in the summer, maybe a relegated prem team with parachute payments.
    I honestly think that if we sign anybody from Peterborough it will be Eisa. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we did that and loaned them a player (I’m thinking Morgan) to sweeten the deal. 
    Eisa would be my choice .. he's almost as prolific a scorer as Toney, is a better all round footballer, hence he can play across the forward line and as an attacking midfielder