Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Jamie19 said:

He doesn't specify the deals are for us...
    Wont be long before folk start trying to work out what the rocket means
    He's signed up for Richard Branson's space flight?
  • Ok, but you have to appraise the situation also. And for me the situation demands some bodies in by Saturday. Not saying that won't happen, but Pratley has been used too much and needs a rest (praise to him btw), Williams is being eased back so do we play the midfield that got outplayed by Millwall's U23s yesterday?
  • Called up the site to see if we had signed anyone, only to see Gallagher recalled by Chelsea. Absolutely gutted - could have done with him for the rest of the season.
     Makes new signings even more important. Have to have faith in MS and his 'deals pending' . Let's hope there are some good ones.
    PS Wishing Conor all the best for the future. Sure he will be wearing an England shirt in next couple of years. It has been a pleasure watching him play for the Addicks. Thanks
  • Jamie19 said:

Rocket Man ... we’re signing Elton John!!!
  • Ok, but you have to appraise the situation also. And for me the situation demands some bodies in by Saturday. Not saying that won't happen, but Pratley has been used too much and needs a rest (praise to him btw), Williams is being eased back so do we play the midfield that got outplayed by Millwall's U23s yesterday?
    Pratley will soon have a 2 match ban anyway
  • Better than 321 that made me laugh!
  • edited January 2020
    Ok, but you have to appraise the situation also. And for me the situation demands some bodies in by Saturday. Not saying that won't happen, but Pratley has been used too much and needs a rest (praise to him btw), Williams is being eased back so do we play the midfield that got outplayed by Millwall's U23s yesterday?
    Pratley will soon have a 2 match ban anyway
    Exactly. Gallagher and Pratley have been keeping the midfield going as best as possible. Do we write Saturday off? One fit striker - midfield decimated - against a side there for the beating!
  • Reckon MS is Tweeting about a couple of "deals" he's done to go up in a rocket and do a bit of space travel. I mean, what other deals could he possibly be talking about midway throughh the transfer window....
  • Jamie19 said:
    Not saying there’s anything in this but seen two Burton fans mention Fraser to us on Twitter.
    He is any good?

Don’t know much about him but see a few people say he’s the best player in the league and see he was in peoples team of the season so far.
    maybe thats our scouting list 🤷🏼‍♂️.
  • Sponsored links:

• Jamie19 said:
    Jamie19 said:
    Not saying there’s anything in this but seen two Burton fans mention Fraser to us on Twitter.
    He is any good?

Don’t know much about him but see a few people say he’s the best player in the league and see he was in peoples team of the season so far.
    Looks like we will be signing Dickie McCallum, Henry Gape, Fraser Maddison and the late Toney Curtis. 
  • I'm going to Preston Saturday and now that Gallagher has left I will be very disappointed if I don't see two new signings making their debut. 
  • Jamie19 said:
    Jamie19 said:
    He is any good?

Can i have 8,9,10 and 11 please 
  • Can't we sign all of them in time for the Preston match on Saturday?

• edited January 2020
    Gotta keep the faith. It’s not out lots fault that Conor has gone back. I am genuinely devastated about this one though and will take time to come to terms with it to be honest! 
  • Jamie19 said:
    Jamie19 said:
    He is any good?

Must admit i watch about 5mins of L1 highlights on Quest and then get bored and turn off now we are bigtime 😉
     Have hardly watched any this sesaon so cant really say i know much about Fraser
  • I am as patient and sanguine as the next person, but I would guess we need around 5-6 wins and some draws from our remaining games to avoid relegation. It's taking time for the injured players to come back and even then 2-3 games on the bench before many are able to start in a game. We need fit players in the building sooner rather than later otherwise we may well be looking for 5-6 wins out of the last 12 games instead of the last 19 games. Need to sprinkle some fairy dust over these pending deals Mr. Southall.  ;)
  • edited January 2020
    Getting Bowyer signed up in next 24 hours is crucial imo. 
  • @mattsouthall C’mon feller, that twunt Rolund is wearing his duck-taped shoes, sat on his duck-taped chair, stroking his duck-taped cat laughing at you.....maniacally. 
    Pull that finger owt :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Fumbluff said:
    @mattsouthall C’mon feller, that twunt Rolund is wearing his duck-taped shoes, sat on his duck-taped chair, stroking his duck-taped cat laughing at you.....maniacally. 
    For a second you had me thinking Matt Southall had signed up to CharltonLife
  • Fumbluff said:
    @mattsouthall C’mon feller, that twunt Rolund is wearing his duck-taped shoes, sat on his duck-taped chair, stroking his duck-taped cat laughing at you.....maniacally. 
    For a second you had me thinking Matt Southall had signed up to CharltonLife
    He has, he is @DOUCHER
  • Jamie19 said:

Andy Peake is back!
  • edited January 2020
    Sage said:

Just quoting coz I've got nothing else to do.
  • Could Gallagher recall be based on opposing teams kicking seven shade of shite out of him over the past two months?
    I assume the Chelski scouts have been watching what we’ve been watching! E.G. KB’s tackle at Derby!
  • Rumour has it roland and roman are mates and did us a favour. Now roland has gone he can go elsewhere. Heard it here first. 

Its ok, nabby will move into centre mid. Lets go!
  • Maddison's been the best player in League One for years, would love to see him at the Valley.  You need a bit of pace up top to give him space on the ball.  Personally he offers more than Gallagher, albeit as a ten or winger.  Would have preffered to keep Gallagher, with Maddison taking the pressure off Williams both in game and rest games.  Together Maddison and Williams can be devestating, and could give Oztumer a bit of space.
  • Maddison linked with Leeds,we don't want  2 get too the end of January saying we had bids accepted but players never signed for us.
  • I am as patient and sanguine as the next person, but I would guess we need around 5-6 wins and some draws from our remaining games to avoid relegation. It's taking time for the injured players to come back and even then 2-3 games on the bench before many are able to start in a game. We need fit players in the building sooner rather than later otherwise we may well be looking for 5-6 wins out of the last 12 games instead of the last 19 games. Need to sprinkle some fairy dust over these pending deals Mr. Southall.  ;)
    This, this and this again x 100!