Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• iamdan said:
    Mathew Halford in on loan.
    A random guess or itk...?
  • edited January 2020
    Sorry.....I was thinking of Greg Halford. (shivers)
  • Who is Mathew Halford
  • sam3110 said:
    Who is Mathew Halford
    Bonne’s agent
  • edited January 2020
    Addickted said:
    Sam Cosgrove is a possibility.
    Bow said Premier league 
  • Connor Wickham is perhaps another possibility, doesn’t get much game time at Palace and would let him stay local.
  • Louis Mendez tweeted that he asked Murray today if he fancied coming to Charlton.....answer "Nah"
    He was going to join us then realised he'd have to face Mendez every week and changed his mind!
  • I still think it’s Taylor
  • Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Keinan Davis, Aston Villa

Just thinking beyond the obvious ones.
    I mentioned him a couple of transfer windows back, I’m hoping it’s him.
    As am I, would be a good signing. Just found he has just come back from injury though, so may not be him. (Although people would say that makes him the perfect signing!)
    Brewster has been injured.
  • Connor Wickham is perhaps another possibility, doesn’t get much game time at Palace and would let him stay local.
    Don't think Palace are blessed with many strikers themselves, I remember seeing a quote from Hodgson recently saying he'd like to be able to drop Benteke but didn't have the strikers to do so. Good shout but i'd be surprised if it happens.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Keinan Davis, Aston Villa

Just thinking beyond the obvious ones.
    I mentioned him a couple of transfer windows back, I’m hoping it’s him.
    As am I, would be a good signing. Just found he has just come back from injury though, so may not be him. (Although people would say that makes him the perfect signing!)
    Brewster has been injured.
    Perfect for us then.
    Injured...… again.
  • edited January 2020
    I still think it’s Taylor
    I’m sure Richard Cawley wouldn’t give the impression we’re signing someone only for it to be a new contract for a current player.

Edit: Bowyer’s quote makes it clear it’s a new signing to hopefully make the bench tomorrow night.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-set-to-make-signing-today-as-boss-bowyer-outlines-how-many-transfer-deals-likely-to-happen/
  • Hasn't the deadline to play tomorrow already passed?

Only hope is the paperwork has been done, but not yet announced.
  • Thought it was midday tomorrow to play tomorrow night?
  • It might be the cyrpitic to mean to the takeover is going through 
  • Thought it was midday tomorrow to play tomorrow night?
    Oh, I hope so!
    Don't think Palace are blessed with many strikers themselves, I remember seeing a quote from Hodgson recently saying he'd like to be able to drop Benteke but didn't have the strikers to do so. Good shout but i'd be surprised if it happens.
    No way can you define Benteke as a striker.
  • Addickted said:
    Connor Wickham is perhaps another possibility, doesn’t get much game time at Palace and would let him stay local.
    No way can you define Benteke as a striker.
    He is definitely on strike when it comes to scoring goals.
  • Akinfenwa?😂
  • Sponsored links:

• CafcSCP said:
    Akinfenwa?😂
    They’d have to increase the chip count at least.....
  • CafcSCP said:
    Akinfenwa?😂
    Should rename the team to "Taylor and his mates" if that were the case 😂
  • I always thought it had to be signed (and registered with the League ?) By noon the previous day. Maybe different as it's a BH today & so can be done by tomorrow instead.

Anyone actually know...?
  • I always thought it had to be signed (and registered with the League ?) By noon the previous day. Maybe different as it's a BH today & so can be done by tomorrow instead.

Anyone actually know...?
    Could be done just not announced yet.
  • This is ridiculous.

We’ve only got 11 hours and 2 minutes to get it done.
  • Player had to be signed by mid day today.
    Hopefully it’s done and they’re just doing the press bit.
    pics with the shirt etc
  • Scoham said:
    I always thought it had to be signed (and registered with the League ?) By noon the previous day. Maybe different as it's a BH today & so can be done by tomorrow instead.

Anyone actually know...?
    Could be done just not announced yet.
    Would leave it as long as possible - Swansea for all they're aware are facing the similar team that faced Derby, throw a spanner in their works by giving them as little time as possible to find videos of how this new signing plays and so stop them from analysising him
  • Scoham said:
    Lewandowski not involved at Bayern today?
    Too tall, would encourage long balls.
    Who is long balls?
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Matej Vydra not involved for Burnley today.... 
    That would be a nice signing for this level

Has struggled a bit of late
    Apparently Millwall are linked with Vydra as well
  • Could it be Rhian Brewster from Liverpool? Arsenal are also recalling Eddie Nketiah from Leeds to loan him out elsewhere.