Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Are we going to be excited or underwhelmed?
    If we are only going for three players then I would expect the three signings to be players that would make a big impact to the squad. 
    Messi, Neymar and MBappe will do.
  • I would guess Brewster 
    If we are only going for three players then I would expect the three signings to be players that would make a big impact to the squad. 
    Messi, Neymar and MBappe will do.
    But more likely to be Rod, Jane and Freddie
  • be prepared to be underwhelmed 
  • I reckon the Blackpool lad
  • Roger Johnson has been spied...
  • Somebody has mentioned Aiden Mcgeady on Twitter, luckily they probably have as little knowledge and insight as me.
  • Heard from two different sources the Murray link and that he's agreed to come to us.
  • Maybe Lyle ?
  • Addickted said:
    Heard from two different sources the Murray link and that he's agreed to come to us.
    Cawley has said today’s signing isn’t Murray. Maybe he is the second one to follow as Bows is suggesting two quick deals. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Taxi_Lad said:
    be prepared to be underwhelmed 
    This, Josh Parkeresk
  • The Blackpool geeza started for them three days ago, feel like if it was wrapped up before today it can’t be him.
  • Ok so it’s either Josh Parker, or Rojo, can’t wait!
  • cfgs said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Even if it appears underwhelming this signing has been made by Gallen and Bowyer, whose judgement has so far been incredible.
    Kayal? Hemed? 
  • cfgs said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Even if it appears underwhelming this signing has been made by Gallen and Bowyer, whose judgement has so far been incredible.
    Kayal? Hemed? 
    Ledley? Still they can't get them all right and are still very much in credit 😉.
  • cfgs said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Kayal? Hemed? 
    Think they were panic buys, if fit Kayal would have been excellent, no idea about Hemed. But the pool of mistakes is a small fraction and everyone makes them. Purrington did a job last season and only rejoined this one as we couldn't afford anybody else.
  • cfgs said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Kayal? Hemed? 
    They cant account for players being injured though can they?

Kayal for me showed glimpses of being an good player for us this season but couldnt stay fit

Same with Aneke effectively

As @RedChaser says, only dud really has been Joe Ledley and that was out of desperation
  • Have a good feeling about this one, not sure why
  • If it is Glenn Murray there cant be many to have played for Brighton | Palace | Charlton?
  • Sponsored links:

• If it is Glenn Murray there cant be many to have played for Brighton | Palace | Charlton?
    John Humphrey 😉
  • Murray would be an unbelievable signing, can’t see it happening tbh. He can still do it in the Prem.

Good news that we’re possibly getting one through the door today. Bad news that we’re only looking to bring in 3. We need more like 5 or 6.
  • cfgs said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Kayal? Hemed? 
    They cant account for players being injured though can they?

Kayal for me showed glimpses of being an good player for us this season but couldnt stay fit

Same with Aneke effectively

As @RedChaser says, only dud really has been Joe Ledley and that was out of desperation
    I don’t mean to critcise Bows and Gallen. With the summer budget overall they have done a decent job and their options were severely limited. But I’m not having that Ledley has been the only dud. In fact I don’t even count him as a dud because he’s sitting there and for whatever reason Bows isn’t picking him. Hemed, Kayal, Aneke and Oztumer have all been duds so far. 
  • It’s a Premier League loan player according to London News Online article. Brewster ?
  • RedChaser said:
    cfgs said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Kayal? Hemed? 
    Ledley? Still they can't get them all right and are still very much in credit 😉.
    Ah absolutely they are. But given how the summer signings have gone, I think it’s incredible is pushing it. Don’t get me wrong I’m excited to see them work within a proper budget, they have earned that. 
  • Murray would be an unbelievable signing, can’t see it happening tbh. He can still do it in the Prem.

Good news that we’re possibly getting one through the door today. Bad news that we’re only looking to bring in 3. We need more like 5 or 6.
    Bow's not going to come out and say we need 5 or 6 though. Saying 3 means we effectively replace Leko and Kayal whilst bringing in another. I’d assume it will be more than 3, but no point saying that. One for expectations, and two because it’ll make deals harder to go through. 
  • Uboat said:
    Bowyer expecting at least three signings per Cawleys latest tweet. Think we need a lot more then 3 personally if injuries don’t improve. 
    Interesting tweet considering we are effectively 'between owners'. Does SG have two different plans depending on if/when the takeover goes through? He can't get players in on the assumption that it will happen as they wouldn't get sanctioned. 
    The loan targets are probably the same.
    Anything better than whelmed will do for me. 
  • Taxi_Lad said:
    This, Josh Parkeresk
    Half asleep I nearly Googled that!