Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Problem with signings at this stage of the season is thus...:

• any decent striker who is banging in goals will probably be playing in a team near the top of their respective league. Unlike our twunk of an owner they are unlikely to let them go cheaply (Grant). Think Toney, Doyle etc etc.

• unlike in the summer there are very few free agents. We managed to pick up Lockyer in July......none of those are now available as they are all gone.....unless you want to sign a Ledley.

So I'm afraid it's either a loan (which will prob mean a Premiership youngster) or splashing out a load of cash....and probably more than is warranted as the selling club have you over a barrel.

Therefore not expecting much over the next few weeks. Maybe Gallen will do his usual magic tricks.....but there can't be many more Cullens, Belieks or Gallaghers around.
    Or you find Premier league players, with no chance of playing, entering the last six months of their contracts.  That's how we got JFC, Page and Williams.  
    Think they will want too much money in terms of wages. 
    Not necessarily, there will be premier league fringe players on 12-15k that would take 8-10 to be playing. 
  • I think the striker from Blackpool will definitely come in for a fee. Murray is 36 so that’s a big gamble.
    If Murray came in and played the rest of the season, I'd hope his 1 in 3 ratio would be a big help in keeping us up.

Now for our defence.......
  • I have a feeling Gnandguillet will come in to replace Taylor and if there is truth in the Murray rumour he will supplement Gnandguillet and Bonne.
  • Haven't signed anyone yet? FFS Gallen out!
  • "Rumour" - a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth.

22 pages so far.

How many rumours?  OK the Leon Clarke one could weakly qualify but that's it. This "I hear" routine does not constitute a rumour. It is hyperbole -  exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.

Yep. 22 pages so far.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL ADDICKS.

• Major said:
    "Rumour" - a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth.

22 pages so far.

How many rumours?  OK the Leon Clarke one could weakly qualify but that's it. This "I hear" routine does not constitute a rumour. It is hyperbole -  exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.

Yep. 22 pages so far.

Gnandguillet was mentioned by Cawley a month or two ago as one we missed out on at the death in August, so could be one we return to in January
  • Patrick Roberts has come out saying he is unhappy in his loan move with Norwich and will be sent back to Man City, then being loaned back out to a championship club in January.
    Possible it could be us with the 'connections' we could have with Man City now??
    Think he will be an excellent signing.
    More chance of Alf Roberts 
  • Would bite your hand off for Murray, last season showed he can still cut it in the PL (13 goals, fifth top English scorer in a struggling side that finished 17th) let alone the championship, where he is always been a proven scorer, maybe 36, but his games never been about pace, and his bettered as his aged
  • Major said:
    "Rumour" - a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth.

22 pages so far.

Yep. 22 pages so far.

Gnandguillet was mentioned by Cawley a month or two ago as one we missed out on at the death in August, so could be one we return to in January

Fair enough.
  • IR94 said:
    Would bite your hand off for Murray, last season showed he can still cut it in the PL (13 goals, fifth top English scorer in a struggling side that finished 17th) let alone the championship, where he is always been a proven scorer, maybe 36, but his games never been about pace, and his bettered as his aged
    Nope. He's rubbish.
  • Sponsored links:

• Major said:

22 pages so far.

Yep. 22 pages so far.

Hello Nigel.
  • 2121 said:
    really thought the man u young lb would have been awesome for us williams but he has just made first team now 🙈

Liverpool's carling cup team is full of talent. Get some loanees! 

Think it'll be hard to get any l1 player who is top 2 and for promotion 
    They will likely have the league wrapped up very early so unless they're going to try and aim for an unbeaten season, they'll probably end up resting players in league games so they can go full strength in the champions league and (possibly) FA Cup. 

Therefore Klopp may not want to loan out too many of his better kids like Brewster and Elliott. I'd be happy if we got Herbie Kane though.
  • Sadly as we've tumbled down the table, i now think we'll be well down the pecking order if they do recall and loan him again.

Unless ESI can convince Arsenal we're buying X,Y & Z players and we also want him, so we're in a false position for now, then i think Arsenal will almost certainly want him to go to a side near the top 6 of the championship. 
  • Sadly as we've tumbled down the table, i now think we'll be well down the pecking order if they do recall and loan him again.

Unless ESI can convince Arsenal we're buying X,Y & Z players and we also want him, so we're in a false position for now, then i think Arsenal will almost certainly want him to go to a side near the top 6 of the championship. 
    Our lack of strikers does guarantee games for him though...
  • Can’t believe it. EFL took so long over the takeover that we missed out on signing Haaland to Dortmund. Unbelievable!
    Last week he was supposedly on a plane to sign for United, then he'd signed for Juventus.........then Dortmund get him. Embarrassing for United to miss out on him, when Solskjaer clearly wanted him.

Really low buy out as well and once again Dortmund get a great young player cheaply and will no doubt sell him for 100m in a couple of years if he does well, same as is likely to happen with Sancho soon.

Salzburg clearly have an eye for talent but they need to sort out their buy out clauses. They've lost Minamino and Haaland for a combined 25m this week.
  • edited January 2020
    Cawley has just tweeted that we are set to make a signing today. Good start to the new year! 
  • Yeah, although kind of depends on who?
  • First signing a striker?.
  • Yeah, although kind of depends on who?
    Why so negative? SG is very very good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bowyer expecting at least three signings per Cawleys latest tweet. Think we need a lot more then 3 personally if injuries don’t improve. 
  • Bowyer expecting at least three signings per Cawleys latest tweet. Think we need a lot more then 3 personally if injuries don’t improve. 
    Hope they have good life insurance. 
  • Hopefully it could be Brewster signing today. Would be a great start to the window. 
  • Hopefully it could be Brewster signing today. Would be a great start to the window. 
    That’s just pure speculation and wishful thinking on my part but you never know. 
  • Would be gutted if Murray was a replacement for Lyle.
  • He he has said not Glenn Murray 
  • Are we going to be excited or underwhelmed?
    Interesting tweet considering we are effectively 'between owners'. Does SG have two different plans depending on if/when the takeover goes through? He can't get players in on the assumption that it will happen as they wouldn't get sanctioned. 
  • Are we going to be excited or underwhelmed?
    If we are only going for three players then I would expect the three signings to be players that would make a big impact to the squad.