Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• iaitch said:
    Has anyone seen Josh Davison? Just wondered what are his strengths and if he would get a few minutes if we were 2/3 goals up With 5 seconds left in the 9th minute of injury time. 
    Maybe
  • Wouldn't be surprised to see Davison on loan at Bromley if and when we get some more strikers in.

Did the world of good for Alfie.

Maybe another of the U23s, a winger as a direct replacement for Alfie, too.
  • Need a centre half.
  • seth plum said:
    Need a centre half.
    We do, also a left back, but is that more important then having enough adult strikers and midfielders to field a team for the next month? 
  • Beardface said:
    Have another one...
    Rhian Brewster.... has 4 goals in 7 matches for Liverpool. 19-years old, 1.80 tall. Swansea trying to get him on loan. Excuse me but we would be a far better destination.
    Why would we be better? 
    We've a proper record that we give Loan Players a chance and make them better
    We've a proper record for playing them every game until thet get injured.  Do we have any loanees that aren't knackered ?
    Kayal - hardly played, injured, will be sent back.
    Field - played a bit. Injured. No one knows when he'll return.
    Leko - played a lot. Injured. Will be sent back.
    Cullen - played a lot. Injured. Not sure when he'll be back.
    Gallagher - played every game. Injured. Will probably miss a couple of games but needs a rest anyway.
    That feels harsh. I'd say:

Kayal came to us unfit and has barely played, his injuries have little to do with our loaning him. 

Field got an unfortunate in game injury and hasn't been used much since signing.

Leko has played a lot but hasn't started every game and been overused. His injury hasn't been due to overplaying etc.

Cullen has played a lot for 18 months, perhaps his injury is partly as a result of that, but West Ham are clearly pleased with the job we've done to date. 

Gallagher has been overused, but he's also our best most consistent player, and his development has been phenomenal. Any club would be thrilled with this, but we need to make sure he doesn't break down. 

I think we have a great record with loans and developing young talent, and most clubs would consider us as a good option to send a young player to develop.  Also our loan players tend to seem happy at the club, be respected and really develop (Cullen, Leko, Gallagher), so it'll make a lot of sense. 

Cullen was hacked by some thug from Cardiff 
  • Right. Leeds United are still trying to persuade Arsenal that the best place to leave Nketiah is at Elland Road for the remainder of the season despite interest from Bristol City. Nketiah has not started for Leeds but has 15 substitute appearances. 
    Not really pulling up trees though is he for them
    Leeds are second in the table, he’s their second top scorer, despite limited playing time. I’d say that was pretty good. 
  • Right. Leeds United are still trying to persuade Arsenal that the best place to leave Nketiah is at Elland Road for the remainder of the season despite interest from Bristol City. Nketiah has not started for Leeds but has 15 substitute appearances. 
    Leeds are second in the table, he’s their second top scorer, despite limited playing time. I’d say that was pretty good. 
    Joint fourth top scorer with 3. 
    I should have added, in all competitions. 
    I should have added, in all competitions. 
    Don’t think he’s started to be fair? Even so does that not beg the question why? I would have him but although Leeds are doing well I don’t get why he hasn’t started a single game. 
  • I don’t think Arsenal understand either.
  • Sponsored links:

• Profound sagacity from Sage, as per usual .
  • edited December 2019
    Enfield. This would be the shit-hot Faal, Joe's cousin?
  • According to Football Insider we are looking at Leon Clarke currently at Sheffield United. 
    Can’t see what he’d give us that Taylor/Bonne don’t. Might be an adequate replacement for Hemed as he seems to have improved slightly.
  • Laddick01 said:
    According to Football Insider we are looking at Leon Clarke currently at Sheffield United. 
    Can’t see what he’d give us that Taylor/Bonne don’t. Might be an adequate replacement for Hemed as he seems to have improved slightly.
    Yeah but Taylors off next week. 
  • Laddick01 said:
    According to Football Insider we are looking at Leon Clarke currently at Sheffield United. 
    We definitely need more options up top though, Clarke has done it at this level with Sheffield United and is available
  • Laddick01 said:
    We definitely need more options up top though, Clarke has done it at this level with Sheffield United and is available
    He was a shit cart horse 7 years ago. Can’t see him offering much now 
  • Glenn Murray wants to feature more than he does at Brighton. 

Would he be an option on loan? 
  • Richard J said:
    Glenn Murray wants to feature more than he does at Brighton. 

Would he be an option on loan? 
    As a finisher he’s still useful. Don’t think we create enough to use him properly.
  • Sponsored links:

• iaitch said:
    Has anyone seen Josh Davison? Just wondered what are his strengths and if he would get a few minutes if we were 2/3 goals up.
    Getting 2 or 3 goals up in the first place the issue  with our current options. 
  • Swisdom said:
    Laddick01 said:
    He was a shit cart horse 7 years ago. Can’t see him offering much now 
    Leon Clarke scored 19 goals 2 seasons ago for Sheffield United in the Championship

He didn't score many last season, but still played regularly for Sheffield United and Wigan in the Championship
  • shine166 said:
    iaitch said:
    Has anyone seen Josh Davison? Just wondered what are his strengths and if he would get a few minutes if we were 2/3 goals up.
    Getting 2 or 3 goals up in the first place the issue  with our current options. 
    Scoring 2 or 3 goals isn't our problem at the moment. It's not conceding 2 as well...
  • According to Football Insider we are looking at Leon Clarke currently at Sheffield United. 
    God no. I would like to think there are better players out there than a lumbering carthorse.
  • would take Glenn Murray, even last season he was scoring goals in the PL, sadly just does not fit into Brighton new system
  • Can’t believe it. EFL took so long over the takeover that we missed out on signing Haaland to Dortmund. Unbelievable!
  • Can’t believe it. EFL took so long over the takeover that we missed out on signing Haaland to Dortmund. Unbelievable!
    Real kick in the teeth for united that.
  • Nketiah starts for Leeds United today, Bamford isn’t in the squad and they play Bielsa’s famous 3-3-1-3 formation 
    Shows what the Daily Mail know, they claimed he was off to Juventus yesterday
  • Interesting that Wendies have countered FFP investigations by taking legal action. If approval doesn't happen tomorrow or Tuesday, we will be disadvantaged in the transfer window.