Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• cafc_se7 said:
    Leko has 5 goals and 6 assists he'll be a big loss imo. 
    He gets so much stick from the guys around me, very very underrated! He is the scapegoat despite scoring some important goals and some very important assists!!
    One of many scapegoats.
  • Was Leko fouled for the injury?
  • Was Leko fouled for the injury?
    Nope... Looks like he over stretches
  • edited December 2019
    Scoham said:
    cafc_se7 said:
    Leko has 5 goals and 6 assists he'll be a big loss imo. 
    He gets so much stick from the guys around me, very very underrated! He is the scapegoat despite scoring some important goals and some very important assists!!
    Perhaps we need to go back to limited strikers who work hard but have no end product. It’s much more “Charlton” than strikers who actually score and create goals.

In the past year I’ve seen Leko, Grant and Taylor written off as overrated, easily replaceable, not that good etc.
    Yeah bring back Parker, Church and Vaz Te ,will please all those who love a scapegoat too.
  • edited December 2019
    Thomas Partey to SE7 confirmed? :-)

The more pressing question I have is how the hell are Tomer Hemed and Thomas Partey best buddies?

EDIT: they played together for Mallorca and Almeria between 2013 and 2015.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'd rather go for the young lad that came on for QPR & gave our back 5 & namely Pearce the run around. Something-hypen Samuel. 
  •  golfaddick said:
    I'd rather go for the young lad that came on for QPR & gave our back 5 & namely Pearce the run around. Something-hypen Samuel. 
    by which you mean Something hyphen hyphen Samuel . Two hyphen players come but once a generation. We need to get him whatever the cost. 
  • Bright Osayi-Samuel. Depends on his contract situation but could be anything in the 5-10m range at least.
  • ross1 said:

Charlton boss Lee Bowyer: We’ve had the go-ahead to bring in a striker when transfer window opens

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1013678216?-11197:833

Armand Gnanduillet or Jonson Clarke-Harris?

• iaitch said:
    If Leko and Taylor go then it leaves Bonne as our only forward unless Davison is going to get more game time.
    You've forgotten the legend in the making that is Tomer Hemed. 
  • palarse in-laws got my son a Charlton calendar! Lyle's on January...
  • Talal said:
    iaitch said:
    If Leko and Taylor go then it leaves Bonne as our only forward unless Davison is going to get more game time.
    You've forgotten the legend in the making that is Tomer Hemed. 
    Yes sorry how could I have possibly forgotten about his contribution so far.
  • Kevin McDonald is likely to be released from Fulham. Possibly a squad replacement for Kayal? 
  • Read that Eddie Nketiah is going back to Arsenal in the window. Has not got much playing time at Leeds and Arsenal are miffed. Let’s get him!
  • I heard he’s staying at Leeds
  • Sponsored links:

• I heard he’s staying at Leeds
    Article today in the Athletic says he’s going back. Hope that’s true.
  • Have another one...
    Rhian Brewster.... has 4 goals in 7 matches for Liverpool. 19-years old, 1.80 tall. Swansea trying to get him on loan. Excuse me but we would be a far better destination.
  • Have another one...
    Rhian Brewster.... has 4 goals in 7 matches for Liverpool. 19-years old, 1.80 tall. Swansea trying to get him on loan. Excuse me but we would be a far better destination.
    Steve Cooper worked with Brewster with England U17 when they won their World Cup

Player might want to go there
  • Have another one...
    Why would we be better? 
  • Have another one...
    Why would we be better? 
    We've a proper record that we give Loan Players a chance and make them better
  • Have another one...
    Why would we be better? 
    We've a proper record that we give Loan Players a chance and make them better
    And a 95% chance of getting injured. Swansea have players on loan who are playing regularly. 
  • Have another one...
    dont think his ever scored for there seniors
  • IR94 said:
    Have another one...
    dont think his ever scored for there seniors
    Hasn't been given a chance. He played in a friendly for them this summer against Dortmund I was at and he was top class. I think a lot of Liverpool fans rate him highly, there's just a long line of Striking options at Anfield, and he is way down in the pecking order
  • Have another one...
    Why would we be better? 
    Have another one...
    Steve Cooper worked with Brewster with England U17 when they won their World Cup

Player might want to go there
    I mean, Joe Gomez is a pretty good player, I wonder who developed him