Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Very interested to see how our wage structure changes under the new owners. I can’t imagine the current team, who are paid very little compared to their championship colleagues, will be too pleased with our first January signing being on twice as much money as them. 
  • Jonson Clarke-Harris seems likely to leave Bristol Rovers in January, but is he another Lyle Taylor getting better and better or another Nicky Ajose who's done well at one club and will struggle elsewhere?
    I suspect the latter .. used to see him at the Millers where he had a bad reputation as a brat, a sulker and would too often go missing during games.. I also remember him blazing a pen over the bar against us a few seasons back ..
     you never know, he could be more mature now having learnt a few lessons .. I suspect Rovers will want a good few quid for him (and of course that will be the case for any 1/2 decent striker) 
  • Swisdom said:
    Marcus Maddison apparently free to leave Posh in January.  £2.6m release clause.

I've said this before - he is a fantastic player.  Not wired up right but when he is on his day he is brilliant - you've only got to check his stats out for the last couple of seasons to see that.

He's just tuned 26 so a great age too.

I'd hope he's on our wish list...he's something special if a little erratic
    Toney & Maddison double swoop would be ideal
  • Swisdom said:
    Marcus Maddison apparently free to leave Posh in January.  £2.6m release clause.

I've said this before - he is a fantastic player.  Not wired up right but when he is on his day he is brilliant - you've only got to check his stats out for the last couple of seasons to see that.

Toney & Maddison double swoop would be ideal
    He wants £13m for Toney

hl probably get that but not from us
  • CAFC Media: Charlton Athletic are reportedly interested in Liverpool midfielder Herbie Kane. #cafc #lfc
  • How does CAFC media know? Aren't they run by a 15 year old? 
  • How does CAFC media know? Aren't they run by a 15 year old? 
    Yes and they don’t know necessarily. Although I have it on good authority we will be back in for him if we free up a loan spot. 
  • Talal said:
    How does CAFC media know? Aren't they run by a 15 year old? 
    Yes and they don’t know necessarily. Although I have it on good authority we will be back in for him if we free up a loan spot. 
    Which surely we will, would be ridiculous if Kayal is kept on.
    You would imagine he’s off, be a massive risk to keep him and hold he comes good 
  • Sponsored links:

• Having 6 loan players for 5 spots wouldn't be a disaster, chances are that one of the loanees would be injured anyway
  • Having 6 loan players for 5 spots wouldn't be a disaster, chances are that 5 of the loanees would be injured anyway.

• In my opinion it’s worth splashing some cash in January if we are in contention for a play off spot as long as that cash is splashed on players you would sign next summer anyway.
    Bringing players into a struggling side can be difficult for the newbies to fit in.

I would err on the side of caution and budget for a splash in the summer.
  • DOUCHER said:
    might be a bit early for van dijk - give it a couple of years
    He won’t be happy playing 2nd fiddle to Sarr 
    Lol
  • Burnley in for Gallagher
  • Jason Pearce

1. Defends too deep so team harder to link with midfield
    2. May beat Rojo on a footrace because latter is hungover (24/7)
    3. Octopus defending.
    4. Poor passing, few forward, fewer finding man.
    5. Dumped by every side winning promotion to Champ
    6. Barely more than six foot, doubt he'd have done better on Smith assault. Struggles against big physical forwards.

Not on your POTY list then?
  • markmc68 said:
    Mattie pollock at Grimsby has scouts in abundance looking at him. A really good classy young centre half who is ready to step up. His father is Jamie pollock once of. Middlesbrough and Manchester City. The old man is massively overweight these days but his son is class. Gallen get up and see this lad. 
    Pappa was a lump when he was playing.
  • Swisdom said:

A bit like Tony Watt then.
  • J BLOCK said:
    Burnley in for Gallagher

They want him on a permanent deal according to the Daily Mail. Chelsea won't entertain letting him go unless they offer silly money.
  • Sponsored links:

• Gallagher is a Chelsea lad, more chance of us signing him then Burnley 
  • I met Conor's Dad a few weeks back. It was an interesting chat about where he sees him for the remainder of the season.

He told me that there's no way Conor would leave Charlton in Jan for another Champ club because he's happy at Charlton, but he did imply that Chelsea would be happy if he went on loan to another Prem club from Jan.

They're a Chelsea supporting family and I'd agree there is no way he'll leave perm from Chelsea, rather would expect to try to break into the first team, but I would suggest a loan is a distinct possibility.
  • CAFC Media: Charlton Athletic are reportedly interested in Liverpool midfielder Herbie Kane. #cafc #lfc
    played against us last season for Donny .. for my part his performances were seriously underwhelming
  • Anyone, anyone?
  • edited December 2019
    I met Conor's Dad a few weeks back. It was an interesting chat about where he sees him for the remainder of the season.

He told me that there's no way Conor would leave Charlton in Jan for another Champ club because he's happy at Charlton, but he did imply that Chelsea would be happy if he went on loan to another Prem club from Jan.

They're a Chelsea supporting family and I'd agree there is no way he'll leave perm from Chelsea, rather would expect to try to break into the first team, but I would suggest a loan is a distinct possibility.
    Burnley have a settled first XI. I expect they are up there in having the least changes week to week on their team sheet. Gallagher would have to be happy with the odd 10-20 minute cameo off the bench.

Dyche also likes to play with known quantities who’ll give you 7/10 week on week and a young player like Conor doesn’t seem to fit with that ethos. Why would they bring him in for six months and shoehorn a player that doesn’t fit into their style of play?

The only way a PL loan makes sense for Conor is it he gets regular minutes? Will he get that at Burnley? No.

The only way Gallagher on loan makes sense for Burnley is if they have a guarantee that he’ll be there for the long term? Will that happen? Not unless they are prepared to pay Chelsea 50m+.

The only way letting Gallagher go makes sense for Chelsea is if someone comes in with a stupid offer and they can reinvest the cash in multiple first teamers.

In conclusion, it ain’t happening. The only logical move is if someone like Brentford or Fulham come in for him and can guarantee Chelsea he will get minutes with them.
  • Fast approaching, if the takeover happens a LCB has to be a priority along with LB to challenge BP, CM and a forward.
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    Fast approaching, if the takeover happens a LCB has to be a priority along with LB to challenge BP, CM and a forward.
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Fast approaching, if the takeover happens a LCB has to be a priority along with LB to challenge BP, CM and a forward.

OK BBFN & MERRY C