Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• We need an experienced striker, not another 19 or 20 year old lad whose not played any senior games. Be it Toney or Doyle, or someone proven in the Championship (would cost money - upwards of £5m ). No idea who......not my remit to know who's out of contract in the summer & therefore could be got on the cheap. But I know man that does....
  • We need an experienced striker, not another 19 or 20 year old lad whose not played any senior games. Be it Toney or Doyle, or someone proven in the Championship (would cost money - upwards of £5m ). No idea who......not my remit to know who's out of contract in the summer & therefore could be got on the cheap. But I know man that does....
    Totally - look how shit 18 /19 year olds that haven’t made their debut for there club have turned out in the Championship.

Conor Gallagher
    Tammy Abraham
    Mason Mount
    Tomori 

• Yh but how many of them sides had 5 other 19 yos in the squads
  • Just saw Aiden McGeady Sunderland has been given the ok to leave in January would he be a good fit for us? Discuss.
    Definitely- overweight and injury prone. 
    Will fit right in!
  • Right. Leeds United are still trying to persuade Arsenal that the best place to leave Nketiah is at Elland Road for the remainder of the season despite interest from Bristol City. Nketiah has not started for Leeds but has 15 substitute appearances. 
  • The young Tottenham striker Troy Parrott would possibly be on our list for a loan if Leko goes.
    Unlikely, unfortunately - Mourinho a fan and almost certainly not letting him go out on loan. https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/jose-mourinho-makes-troy-parrott-21163269

• Right. Leeds United are still trying to persuade Arsenal that the best place to leave Nketiah is at Elland Road for the remainder of the season despite interest from Bristol City. Nketiah has not started for Leeds but has 15 substitute appearances. 
    Not really pulling up trees though is he for them
  • Have another one...
    Rhian Brewster.... has 4 goals in 7 matches for Liverpool. 19-years old, 1.80 tall. Swansea trying to get him on loan. Excuse me but we would be a far better destination.
    Why would we be better? 
    We've a proper record that we give Loan Players a chance and make them better
    We've a proper record for playing them every game until thet get injured.  Do we have any loanees that aren't knackered ?
  • Have another one...
    Rhian Brewster.... has 4 goals in 7 matches for Liverpool. 19-years old, 1.80 tall. Swansea trying to get him on loan. Excuse me but we would be a far better destination.
    Why would we be better? 
    We've a proper record that we give Loan Players a chance and make them better
    We've a proper record for playing them every game until thet get injured.  Do we have any loanees that aren't knackered ?
    Kayal - hardly played, injured, will be sent back.
    Field - played a bit. Injured. No one knows when he'll return.
    Leko - played a lot. Injured. Will be sent back.
    Cullen - played a lot. Injured. Not sure when he'll be back.
    Gallagher - played every game. Injured. Will probably miss a couple of games but needs a rest anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• So on that record when Bowyer phones another club to borrow a player he is told to do one.
  • Regardless of where he goes; Toney is the sort of transfer I see being dragged out for the whole window
  • Regardless of where he goes; Toney is the sort of transfer I see being dragged out for the whole window
    Would love him to sign for us though.
  • Toney would be excellent but I can't see anyone meeting the £10m+ valuation Peterborough want for him 
  • edited December 2019
    MarcusH26 said:
    Toney would be excellent but I can't see anyone meeting the £10m+ valuation Peterborough want for him 
    I think its why it'll be a deal that'll drag out for the whole of January where a club will either test Peterborough's resolve so much they wont be able to resist

Either that or Peterborough will stay firm and he'll leave in the summer
  • Toney has a year and a half left on his contract, can see Peterborough holding out until the summer but they will almost certainly settle for less than £10m
    Agreed. What we need is someone who can sign at the beginning of the month and be available for the Swansea game (or least the WBA cup game if not cup tied), which is unlikely to be a much sought after player. Realistically if we want someone early doors it will be a loan signing or someone relatively unheralded
  • Sponsored links:

• Has anyone seen Josh Davison? Just wondered what are his strengths and if he would get a few minutes if we were 2/3 goals up.
  • iaitch said:
    Has anyone seen Josh Davison? Just wondered what are his strengths and if he would get a few minutes if we were 2/3 goals up.
    I’d like think come the end of the window we’ll have four fit first team strikers and Davison will either be cover or go out on loan.
  • It's catch 22 isn't it.  We need a striker and a midfielder now.  This week. To replace Leko and Kayal so we can actually put a full match day squad of adults out for the next few weeks.

But the midfielder is unlikely to be better than Cullen, Gallagher, Williams and Field etc.  Also they need to be match fit.  So league one is probably the market, or a young player that has already been on loan.

Do you rush bodies in through the door to make up the numbers, or do you wait and get the character and quality you want even if it leaves you well short for a few weeks? 
  • Uboat said:
    I'm not going to quote it, but every picture of T****s D*****n makes me want to punch my phone. 
    Why, what have got against Tobias Duncan?
  • https://the72.co.uk/152749/cardiff-city-planning-hefty-january-clear-out/

Cardiff as an example are planning a clear out, so there will be unwanted players out there. Whether we want the likes of Bogle or Madine I don't know.
  • Jack Clarke recalled from Leeds by Spurs due to lack of game time. Leko replacement?
  • edited December 2019
    iaitch said:
    Has anyone seen Josh Davison? Just wondered what are his strengths and if he would get a few minutes if we were 2/3 goals up.
    Quite strong and holds ball up well, meant to be pacy but not seen much of that. Doesn't seem to jump for balls in air so often beaten.
  • edited December 2019
    iaitch said:
    Has anyone seen Josh Davison? Just wondered what are his strengths and if he would get a few minutes if we were 2/3 goals up With 5 seconds left in the 9th minute of injury time.