Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• I met Conor's Dad a few weeks back. It was an interesting chat about where he sees him for the remainder of the season.

He told me that there's no way Conor would leave Charlton in Jan for another Champ club because he's happy at Charlton, but he did imply that Chelsea would be happy if he went on loan to another Prem club from Jan.

They're a Chelsea supporting family and I'd agree there is no way he'll leave perm from Chelsea, rather would expect to try to break into the first team, but I would suggest a loan is a distinct possibility.
    Burnley have a settled first XI. I expect they are up there in having the least changes week to week on their team sheet. Gallagher would have to be happy with the odd 10-20 minute cameo off the bench.

Dyche also likes to play with known quantities who’ll give you 7/10 week on week and a young player like Conor doesn’t seem to fit with that ethos. Why would they bring him in for six months and shoehorn a player that doesn’t fit into their style of play?

The only way a PL loan makes sense for Conor is it he gets regular minutes? Will he get that at Burnley? No.

The only way Gallagher on loan makes sense for Burnley is if they have a guarantee that he’ll be there for the long term? Will that happen? Not unless they are prepared to pay Chelsea 50m+.

The only way letting Gallagher go makes sense for Chelsea is if someone comes in with a stupid offer and they can reinvest the cash in multiple first teamers.

In conclusion, it ain’t happening. The only logical move is if someone like Brentford or Fulham come in for him and can guarantee Chelsea he will get minutes with them.
    And Burnley's style of football hardly matches what Chelsea play and indeed what Bowyer (when everyone is fit) play either!

Danny Drinkwater can't get a game at Burnley, which could hardly help their cause with Chelsea after...
  • I met Conor's Dad a few weeks back. It was an interesting chat about where he sees him for the remainder of the season.

He told me that there's no way Conor would leave Charlton in Jan for another Champ club because he's happy at Charlton, but he did imply that Chelsea would be happy if he went on loan to another Prem club from Jan.

They're a Chelsea supporting family and I'd agree there is no way he'll leave perm from Chelsea, rather would expect to try to break into the first team, but I would suggest a loan is a distinct possibility.
    Burnley have a settled first XI. I expect they are up there in having the least changes week to week on their team sheet. Gallagher would have to be happy with the odd 10-20 minute cameo off the bench.

Dyche also likes to play with known quantities who’ll give you 7/10 week on week and a young player like Conor doesn’t seem to fit with that ethos. Why would they bring him in for six months and shoehorn a player that doesn’t fit into their style of play?

The only way a PL loan makes sense for Conor is it he gets regular minutes? Will he get that at Burnley? No.

The only way Gallagher on loan makes sense for Burnley is if they have a guarantee that he’ll be there for the long term? Will that happen? Not unless they are prepared to pay Chelsea 50m+.

The only way letting Gallagher go makes sense for Chelsea is if someone comes in with a stupid offer and they can reinvest the cash in multiple first teamers.

In conclusion, it ain’t happening. The only logical move is if someone like Brentford or Fulham come in for him and can guarantee Chelsea he will get minutes with them.
    And Burnley's style of football hardly matches what Chelsea play and indeed what Bowyer (when everyone is fit) play either!

Danny Drinkwater can't get a game at Burnley, which could hardly help their cause with Chelsea after...
    Danny Drinkwater is an arsehole, chelsea dont care if he's getting a game or not, they were banned from signing anyone and still farmed him out on loan.
  • Really can’t see this tbh but it’s a rumour.
  • mart77 said:

Looks like it’s already deleted.
  • Is that page run by Acworth? 
  • mart77 said:

I understand it’s a rumour so not dissing you for positing it, but the kid looks about 8 years old if you go on his profile. Don’t think it’s true unfortunately
  • Carrying on the Welsh connection, Andy King is likely to be released from his loan at Rangers. 
  • Kayal’s loan expected to be terminated and potentially Leko’s as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wonder if that means Field may not be out for too long. Fingers crossed 
  • If Leko isn’t out for longer than a couple of months I would keep him and hopefully we can afford to sign another striker. We definitely need 3 but with Leko, Hemed and Aneke on top that would be enough. 
  • Sage said:
    With Kayal being sent back and possibly Leko, if the injury is serious, maybe a double loan swoop from Liverpool for Herbie Kane and Rhian Brewster?
    Brewster was the first name that came to me as a Leko replacement - Will be very good if we pull it off as your gonna have a lot of clubs further up the league chasing him

Herbie Kane I'd be very surprised if he didnt go out on loan and would be even more surprised if it was to a side lower than the Championship
  • The young Tottenham striker Troy Parrott would possibly be on our list for a loan if Leko goes.
  • mart77 said:

I understand it’s a rumour so not dissing you for positing it, but the kid looks about 8 years old if you go on his profile. Don’t think it’s true unfortunately
    Also, he can’t spell rumour. 
  • If Leko and Taylor go then it leaves Bonne as our only forward unless Davison is going to get more game time.
  • Scoham said:
    Kayal’s loan expected to be terminated and potentially Leko’s as well.
    I don't see the need for Leko's deal to be terminated though, as long as WBA don't have a clause saying we can't have more than 5 loanees

If he comes back in March, the chances our that if we have 5 other loan players at least one will be injured or needed less at that point anyway

Weren't the new owners interested in buying Leko in January?
  • Sponsored links:

• Leko has done well during his time at Charlton. As long as the number add up financially would be pleased to see him stay, or join us permanently. A good place who Bowyer can get the best out of. 
  • Disagree. If he wont be fit till March then not only are we paying his wages but he takes a loan space up for someone who is fit and able to play. With the injury problems we have had we need as many fit players as possible.
    This. No reason we can't then come back for Leko in the summer maybe as a permanent.
  • Disagree. If he wont be fit till March then not only are we paying his wages but he takes a loan space up for someone who is fit and able to play. With the injury problems we have had we need as many fit players as possible.
    If he's not in the squad, hes not taking a spot
  • I'd sign Leko permanently if he's in budget, even if he's not back til March, he's definitely good enough for a promotion push next season. 
    He's not taking a spot as we can have as many loan players in the squad as we like

The wages might be more of an issue, but then I've no idea what percentage of his wages we are paying. IF the management are keen on signing him, then sending him back is hardly sending much support to the player
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I'd sign Leko permanently if he's in budget, even if he's not back til March, he's definitely good enough for a promotion push next season. 
    Promotion push from what division?
  • Send Leko back, get a discounted price because he is injured sign him in January for 3.5m

Use that loan space to bring someone in. 

Blimey, I never knew I could be a director of football
  • Harsh on Leko, but actually glad we didn't spend a few mil on him, only to see him get injured on the 1st Feb. 
  • You can have up to 8 loan players at a time but only 5 in the 18 man squad IIRC.

Currently four out of five are injured.

The problem with having 8 loans is the loaning club won't be happy.