Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Scoham said:
    With this many injuries, I'd suggest he's not entirely wrong. 
  • wmcf123 said:
    Beardface said:
    Have another one...
    Rhian Brewster.... has 4 goals in 7 matches for Liverpool. 19-years old, 1.80 tall. Swansea trying to get him on loan. Excuse me but we would be a far better destination.
    Why would we be better? 
    We've a proper record that we give Loan Players a chance and make them better
    We've a proper record for playing them every game until thet get injured.  Do we have any loanees that aren't knackered ?
    Kayal - hardly played, injured, will be sent back.
    Field - played a bit. Injured. No one knows when he'll return.
    Leko - played a lot. Injured. Will be sent back.
    Cullen - played a lot. Injured. Not sure when he'll be back.
    Gallagher - played every game. Injured. Will probably miss a couple of games but needs a rest anyway.
    That feels harsh. I'd say:

Kayal came to us unfit and has barely played, his injuries have little to do with our loaning him. 

Field got an unfortunate in game injury and hasn't been used much since signing.

Leko has played a lot but hasn't started every game and been overused. His injury hasn't been due to overplaying etc.

Cullen has played a lot for 18 months, perhaps his injury is partly as a result of that, but West Ham are clearly pleased with the job we've done to date. 

Gallagher has been overused, but he's also our best most consistent player, and his development has been phenomenal. Any club would be thrilled with this, but we need to make sure he doesn't break down. 

I think we have a great record with loans and developing young talent, and most clubs would consider us as a good option to send a young player to develop.  Also our loan players tend to seem happy at the club, be respected and really develop (Cullen, Leko, Gallagher), so it'll make a lot of sense. 

Cullen was hacked by some thug from Cardiff 
    And Oztumer by some thug from Sheff Weds.
    In fact half of their team were taking it in turns to kick lumps out of him.

Then he done his hamstring and gave away a penalty because he couldn't run.
  • Is the deadline midday tomorrow for signings to be registered for the Swansea game? 
  • Is the deadline midday tomorrow for signings to be registered for the Swansea game? 
    Midday Thursday 
    Midday Thursday 
    Cue all the rumours on Thursday morning about which players have been spotted at Sparrow's Lane...
  • Sponsored links:

• really thought the man u young lb would have been awesome for us williams but he has just made first team now 🙈

Liverpool's carling cup team is full of talent. Get some loanees! 

Think it'll be hard to get any l1 player who is top 2 and for promotion 
  • If we have money I’d like us to get Reece Burke from Hull
  • Problem with signings at this stage of the season is thus...:

• any decent striker who is banging in goals will probably be playing in a team near the top of their respective league. Unlike our twunk of an owner they are unlikely to let them go cheaply (Grant). Think Toney, Doyle etc etc.

• unlike in the summer there are very few free agents. We managed to pick up Lockyer in July......none of those are now available as they are all gone.....unless you want to sign a Ledley.

So I'm afraid it's either a loan (which will prob mean a Premiership youngster) or splashing out a load of cash....and probably more than is warranted as the selling club have you over a barrel.

Therefore not expecting much over the next few weeks. Maybe Gallen will do his usual magic tricks.....but there can't be many more Cullens, Belieks or Gallaghers around.
  • Problem with signings at this stage of the season is thus...:

• any decent striker who is banging in goals will probably be playing in a team near the top of their respective league. Unlike our twunk of an owner they are unlikely to let them go cheaply (Grant). Think Toney, Doyle etc etc.

• unlike in the summer there are very few free agents. We managed to pick up Lockyer in July......none of those are now available as they are all gone.....unless you want to sign a Ledley.

So I'm afraid it's either a loan (which will prob mean a Premiership youngster) or splashing out a load of cash....and probably more than is warranted as the selling club have you over a barrel.

Therefore not expecting much over the next few weeks. Maybe Gallen will do his usual magic tricks.....but there can't be many more Cullens, Belieks or Gallaghers around.
    Or you find Premier league players, with no chance of playing, entering the last six months of their contracts.  That's how we got JFC, Page and Williams.  
  • We need players who can hit the ground running too, not those who aren't match fit and will have to be eased in for several weeks...
  • I think Armand Gnandguillet will come in and we’ll get two loans. 
  • Trouble with going large in Jan is you have to over pay and even if our owners are minted FFP could get shagged in one transfer window.  Hope they buy us and immediately loan a few from Man City on 1% of wages.
  • edited December 2019
    I am also hearing Murray from Brighton.....on loan......but the waters are very muddied.
    Would this happen if this is a deal made under the Duchatalet regime or under the new regime?
    If the takeover goes ahead, some of the targets may well change dramatically, depending on what the war chest may hold. It’s anyone’s guess, including Bows and Gallens, as of this moment what a crazy Catch 22 position they find themselves in.
    EFL......you really MUST give your decision forthwith.....good or bad, until you do, we have no idea which way to turn.
  • Now we're Brighton's castoff team?
  • Sponsored links:

• I am also hearing Murray from Brighton.....on loan......but the waters are very muddied.
    Would this happen if this is a deal made under the Duchatalet regime or under the new regime?
    If the takeover goes ahead, some of the targets may well change dramatically, depending on what the war chest may hold. It’s anyone’s guess, including Bows and Gallens, as of this moment what a crazy Catch 22 position they find themselves in.
    EFL......you really MUST give your decision forthwith.....good or bad, until you do, we have no idea which way to turn.
    I'm not sure it makes that much difference with loan signings who the owner is. With our injury record, any new signings at the start of the month will probably be crocked by the time the window closes anyway...
  • Personally prefer a fit Kayal to Murray who doesn't fit our style of play. Surely he can't be far away?
  • Don’t think you mean Kayal?
  • Yes midfielder I know but we need bodies.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Problem with signings at this stage of the season is thus...:

Or you find Premier league players, with no chance of playing, entering the last six months of their contracts.  That's how we got JFC, Page and Williams.  
    Think they will want too much money in terms of wages. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Problem with signings at this stage of the season is thus...:

Think they will want too much money in terms of wages. 
    We don't know what the new board are made of in transfer dealings/salaries.
  • If we have money I’d like us to get Reece Burke from Hull
    How much would he be roughly?
  • Patrick Roberts has come out saying he is unhappy in his loan move with Norwich and will be sent back to Man City, then being loaned back out to a championship club in January.
    Possible it could be us with the 'connections' we could have with Man City now??
    Think he will be an excellent signing.
    Middlesbrough seems to be in pole position to sign him. 
  • I think the striker from Blackpool will definitely come in for a fee. Murray is 36 so that’s a big gamble.