Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Options
    Stewart said:
    What is Ledley in that photo?
    God, i hate Scott Brown.
    Same - horrible tosser. Fitting really given the team he plays for. 
    Completely agree with you both on Scott Brown. Never have liked him.
  • Options
    I agree about Brown................but would not say no if he joined us
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    I agree about Brown................but would not say no if he joined us
    I wouldn't like to see him in CAFC colours.
    Pratley is ten times the player Scott Brown is anyway 😉
  • Options
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7757507/amp/Arsenal-set-recall-Eddie-Nketiah-Leeds-January-ahead-arranging-new-loan-deal.html?__twitter_impression=true

Arsenal apparently recalling Nketiah from Leeds in Jan, and want to loan him out to another Championship side.

Previously we'd have had no chance competing with wages, but you wonder if the takeover giving us more spending power, plus our decent track record with Arsenal loanees may give us a fighting chance ahead of other clubs (Bristol City are the ones mentioned in this article)...
    The problem is that Bristol City are 5th and going well, and if we don't get more bodies back soon, then by January 1st we could well be bottom 6.
    It's not going to be about money (as Bristol will pay his wages anyway), it's going to be about him going to a club chasing promotion.

The same will probably apply to Brewster as well.
    1st and foremost it is about him going to a club and playing football. Emphasis on playing and football. We can offer both.
  • Options
    Scott Brown seen at Sparrows Lane
  • Options

We did try to sign him.

• Options
    Going forward, the problem we have is that most of the squad have contracts that run out in 6 months. 
  • Options
    Going forward, the problem we have is that most of the squad have contracts that run out in 6 months. 
    That can be a good or bad thing.

But first let's see how the takeover and the January window progresses.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

I feel for the parents of kids bought a Charlton shirt with their favourite player's name on the back, only to see him exit through the revolving door next June. 
  • Options

We did try to sign him.

Would have been decent business, Brown would have been useful in the relegation scrap aside from the 10 games he was out suspended. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

I feel for the parents of kids bought a Charlton shirt with their favourite player's name on the back, only to see him exit through the revolving door next June. 
    I feel sorry for the patents that have to buy a new kit every season 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

At least they can change them, unlike the guy at Newcastle who got an Andy Cole tattoo just before Keegan sold him!
  • Options
    Alan Nixon reporting that Nketiah will stay at Leeds until the end of the season, despite Arsenal being unhappy at his lack of minutes.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    The Blackpool target scored again today and I like the reports of Enfield's Faal. But we need two CBs for me Woolfenden or Rodon or Iorfa, but struggle with LCBs. Any Prem U23s out there? 
  • Options
    Alan Nixon reporting that Nketiah will stay at Leeds until the end of the season, despite Arsenal being unhappy at his lack of minutes.
    Surprised by that. He’s Arsenals player and they can recall him if they are not happy and they are obviously not. 
  • Options
    If they get a new manager you'd think he'd want to have a look at all the squad.
  • Options
    We need a CB desperately. LB too ideally, neither Pearce or Purrington are first team standard. 
  • Options
    So taylor and bonne being linked with moves away today january is going to be fun lol 
  • Options
    FAVADDICK said:
    So taylor and bonne being linked with moves away today january is going to be fun lol 
    Yet you don't provide a link? Amateur.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    FAVADDICK said:
    Sorry
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They're going to Barcelona and Real Madrid respectively!!
  • Options
    Thank god we've got an owner who wont rush to sell
  • Options
    Bonne won't be going anywhere.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Nottingham Forest have been linked with Charlton Athletic striker Lyle Taylor - but Addicks boss Lee Bowyer has previously said he is hopeful of keeping his star man.

According to TEAMtalk, the Reds are one of a number of clubs looking at the 29-year-old, who is out of contract at the end of the season.

The report states that Bowyer is hoping Charlton’s new owners will offer Taylor a big contract in a bid to keep the forward, with new chairman Matt Southall “ready to make an offer with the hope of tying him to a long-term deal”.

Bowyer said little more than a week ago that the takeover by East Street Investment can help in hanging on to the player, who made his return from injury in Saturday’s 1-0 defeat at Middlesbrough.

London News Online say ESI have indicated they will look to secure Bowyer’s future with a new long-term contract, and then will look to follow suit with Taylor.

Asked how the change in ownership will affect the front man’s situation, Bowyer told them: “It’s gonna help.

“Lyle loves playing under me. He wants me to be secure and now I’m going to be there for (some) time.

“If the club put me on a proper contract then I can’t see why Lyle wouldn’t sign, that’s just from his words to me.

“I believe in what he says, I know he loves playing for the club and he is desperate to be back playing now.

“He is a fans’ favourite and that suits him so I can’t see why we couldn’t get that over the line.

• Options
    FAVADDICK said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    FAVADDICK said:
    Sorry
    Far better.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Everyone just relax 
  • Options
    Let’s see what happens with the takeover first but it’s clear that if we are contemplating letting Taylor go without a significantly costly replacement then next year we will be back in League One. If that’s the future of new owners then we are back to square one. My guess is that those rumours are bollox.
  • Options
    That  would be some rise for Bonne, National League to Premier League in six months.

• Options
    Certainly wont be going to a Premiership club. 
  • Options
    Certainly wont be going to a Premiership club. 
    Mainly because the Premiership doesn't exist.