Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2019
    cafc4life said:
    No chance we go in for Toney. Just because we’ve been taken over, it don’t mean our new guy is gonna sling money at anything and everything . I’d imagine Gallen will have list of targets for Jan already 
    Yes, and why wouldn't Toney still be on that list?
    I actually think Toney will be one we go in for. Bowyer obviously likes him and he is definitely a reasonable target now. 
    Cant see it myself.

If it was 4M or 5M maybe, but they want £13M for Toney.

No offence to hin but you can probably get a proven Championship goalscorer for around that price.

Go to Hull ask how much they want for Bowen, or ask Hudds how much for Grant.

Reckon both would be around the 15M mark
    The issue is that proven Championship scorers will be attracting premier league interest.
    Jarrod Bowen is 22 and has top flight clubs interested. The Hull owner last week said he would turn down bids of 20m.
    No way are we going to pay that for 1 guy when Gallen could probably go and get half a team for that.
    Bradley Dack is another, he'd cost at least 20-25m in todays market.
  • Options
    We know that Bowyer and Gallen ae capable of recruiting very well without spending large sums. If the new owners have money to spend and are willing to put it into the club, I'd much rather see that invested in improving the medical department, training ground, academy, scouting network and all of the rest of the infrastructure that Duchâtelet has cut or failed to invest in.
  • Options
    I think West brom will want a fair slug for Leko, probably 4-5 mill - he is very highly rated there.
    If West Brom think anyone will pay 4-5 million for Leko they are kidding themselves. 
    Far better players than him out there for that sort of money. 
    Watched the game yesterday and I thought Leko had one of his best games for us.
    Improving a little every game.
    Maybe so.
    But if Bowyer and Gallen had 4-5million to spend on a striker they would not spend it on Leko
  • Options
    I think West brom will want a fair slug for Leko, probably 4-5 mill - he is very highly rated there.
    If West Brom think anyone will pay 4-5 million for Leko they are kidding themselves. 
    Far better players than him out there for that sort of money. 
    Watched the game yesterday and I thought Leko had one of his best games for us.
    Improving a little every game.
    Maybe so.
    But if Bowyer and Gallen had 4-5million to spend on a striker they would not spend it on Leko
    Agreed - doesnt change the fact West Brom will want at least that for him.
  • Options
    Troy Parrott at Spurs would be a good loan acquisition. Very exciting striker. Pretty big lad and extremely well thought of there. Only 17/18 but really is that good.

we were linked in the summer and we’ve seen that we need another fit striker 
  • Options
    Get Gallagher in under £10m.
    In today's market I'd value him at £25M.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Suddenly having only 9 players on contracts beyond the end of this season appears a good thing.

Left-back and right centre back essential in January.
  • Options
    Leko reminds of of John Robinson when we first got him. So wasteful at first but eventually realised you don’t have to beat everyone before you pass or cross.
    he could be a shrewd acquisition for the future.
    He won’t cost anywhere near what’s being suggested.
  • Options
    Yeah not sure about Grant, he will be getting top flight interest in January/summer so Hudds will not wanna sell him. 
  • Options
    Go for some Watford players?.
  • Options
    I I think we can forget about Grant. I’m not blaming the lad for one minute jumping when he did. Premiership football albeit brief and lots more money. Who wouldn’t, but we must remember he did jump and I doubt that he’ll see it as a great move for him personally jumping back to a club where the future might be very rosy but who knows at this point. He’s on Prem clubs radar now. We need to move on just like he did.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd love us to keep Field too, he's been a huge miss
    I must have been watching a different player 
  • Options
    I’m genuinely only worried about these things *(in this order)

1. get the efl clearance ASAP!
    2. get bowyer et al signed up
    3. get Taylor signed up. 
    4. Look to keep the squad together and get everyone back to fitness ASAP. 
    5. See where we are at. 
  • Options
    Nketiah?
  • Options
    Forever, Williams is a Premiership quality International 1st choice player who enjoys playing for us and is injured because he was fouled by a guy who wasn't carded. Give him a payrise, he took a cut to play for us.
    I'd go for the Blackpool guy rather than Toney given potential Bonne/Taylor partnership and spend money elsewhere. 
    Oh I'm not saying get rid - More the fact we dont need to rush to give him new terms as he shouldnt be going anywhere in the summer anyway
    All I'm saying is that is if he turns out to be a Lewis Page (where he's never fit) then you'd have to question him remaining at the club, as apart from talent why should we be eager to get rid of one injury prone player yet keep another simply because they're better
    Of course though I'd be very surprised (not to mentioned hugely disappointed) for Jonny if that were to happen to him again
    With the blackpool guy out of Contract in the summer though we could probably get both him and Toney - Leaves us with five Strikers all capable of scoring
    Means we can send someone like Josh Davison out on loan
  • Options
    Shame no feedback about extent of his injury. I'd like him to be added to Cullen, Leko list of perm signings. 
  • Options
    I’m genuinely only worried about these things *(in this order)

1. get the efl clearance ASAP!
    2. get bowyer et al signed up
    3. get Taylor signed up. 
    4. Look to keep the squad together and get everyone back to fitness ASAP. 
    5. See where we are at. 
    6 Buy as many decent players as we can for good prices :-)