Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Get Gallagher in under £10m.
    As nice as that would be, I can’t see Gallagher wanting to sign a permanent deal. He will be in Chelsea’s team inside 2 years. Also, given the stupid prices teams pay (I’m thinking Bournemouth paying 19m for Solanke), CG’s price would be a lot more than £10m. 

I say let’s wait 4 years and offer him Champions League football.  ;)
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    No chance we go in for Toney. Just because we’ve been taken over, it don’t mean our new guy is gonna sling money at anything and everything . I’d imagine Gallen will have list of targets for Jan already 
    Yes, and why wouldn't Toney still be on that list?
    I actually think Toney will be one we go in for. Bowyer obviously likes him and he is definitely a reasonable target now. 
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    No chance we go in for Toney. Just because we’ve been taken over, it don’t mean our new guy is gonna sling money at anything and everything . I’d imagine Gallen will have list of targets for Jan already 
    I actually think Toney will be one we go in for. Bowyer obviously likes him and he is definitely a reasonable target now. 
    Cant see it myself.

If it was 4M or 5M maybe, but they want £13M for Toney.

No offence to hin but you can probably get a proven Championship goalscorer for around that price.

Go to Hull ask how much they want for Bowen, or ask Hudds how much for Grant.

Reckon both would be around the 15M mark
  • Options
    Peterborough say £13mil, and I know they are usually very good at getting a deal, but if he were to go, it’ll be for around half that amount. They said in the summer how difficult it was to turn down £4mil. 
  • Options
    Personally would love to see a reunited G&T up top
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    Cant see it myself.

No offence to hin but you can probably get a proven Championship goalscorer for around that price.

Both would be an excellent signings. Always rated Bowen and we all know what Karlan is capable off 
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    Cant see it myself.

Ant see them getting that kind of money for a bloke that is only proven in league 1. However if we have as much money as we hope / think then we are going to be asked for over the odds for whoever we go in for. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Lookman and Gomez to return? :wink:
    I’d be happy and very happy with those. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Having a wealth of funds doesn’t always mean you have to pay over inflated prices. Players we go in for will know that we will be going places and will have their heads turned once we show interest. 
  • Options
    If all of the players are fit, I do not expect many new players. Another LB, CB and a goal scorer (does not have to be a world beater, just someone to compete with Taylor and Bonne for their place). I would then expect this team to climb the table, how far depends on more injuries
  • Options
    Center half, another striker and Cullen would be lovely.. plus send back Kayal and get in another loan. 
  • Options
    I think the fact that it’s now going to be widely known that we have well resourced owners will affect asking prices which is why I can’t see very much being spent in January. Enough to secure our league status and time for Gallen and Bowyer to get some really good deals lined up for the summer. 
    Agree. They will probably go back and look at deals they tried and missed out on in the summer.
  • Options
    Could maybe get Cullen for that price? With some add ons. 
  • Options
    I think West Ham will be wanting £5 million plus for Cullen
  • Options
    I think West Ham will be wanting £5 million plus for Cullen
    Very much in the players hands as out of contract on 31st May 2020. Offer him a deal with (say) a £2m signing on fee and decent wages and he can just see out his contract.
  • Options
    Personally would love to see a reunited G&T up top
    Kim Grant is too old now mate 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    There's a lanky box to box midfielder in Glasgow who might be worth a punt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ultimatum said:
    Let’s throw 10 mil here, 15 mil there , 2 mil here etc etc... this is real money people 😂. There’s no way these new owners, regardless how rich they are will throw money away. They’re business men who got rich by being clever not throwing it around like it’s nothing. 

Secondly, how much can we realistically spend with FFP rules? 
    If the new owners want to spend their way too success FFP is easy enough to get around. You can arrange a phony bidding war for naming rights/shirt sponsorship to artificially inflate the club's income.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Karlan Grant is a good call. Proven at this level and works well with Taylor but would Hudds sell?

Cullen may well be injured until after the window closes which gives Wham a dilemma. Recall an injured player or take a small fee now.

More money means we can afford better loans IE Nietah (sp) from Arsenal.

Ultimately, Gallen will have a list and we know he can get value for money. 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    New Contract for Lyle Taylor
    Ivan Toney signed as a Striker along with one other as fifth choice (behind Bonne / Leko)
    Josh Cullen signed on a permanent transfer
    New Left-Back who is more of a Wing-Back so we've got the similar balance with Solly / Matthews
    I'd be quite happy if that was the Business done; signing any Strikers in January is going to be difficult because every club will want to find someone to either score the goals that'll send them to safety or fire us to promotion - Lets get someone like Toney who'll get us comfortably into mid-table and then we can reassess in the summer; January is always a bitch when it comes to signing players as there are too many panic transfers
    Would also hold off giving Jonny Williams a new deal depending on how generous our new owners want to be in the market; we've got the option of an extension in the summer anyway so no massive risk of him walking away - If he's injured constantly again between his return and the end of the season then we have the option to release him in 2021 (If he stays and there is no progression in his playing time) - If of course he can show his fitness then I'd be fully up for keeping him around - Never know if these owners are generous enough then we may be able to go after a less injury prone version of Williams
  • Options
    Get a few of our injured players back and we dont need many signings 

Nee contracts for Bowyer, his backroom team & Lyle Taylor are the most important things to get done once the sale of the club is 100% confirrmed