Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Loan deal done well at Norwich 
  • edited January 2020
    Gnanduillet looking like it will go through, too many mentions for the smoke to be false now imo. Better to have him up top than what we currently have.

I don't know how accurate these accounts are but Barnsley fans certainly seem to at least be entertaining them, we are in for Mowatt but so are Forest. I can see him going Forest if it's between us or them but that would be a very good start to the January window with both of them in, especially Mowatt. That's a long term championship midfielder imo 
  • Gnanduillet, if true is a massive result short term.  Whatever you think of him, he’s a better experienced option than Davidson for the next two games.
  • Wednesday interested in Taylor what about swap deal for Jordan Rhoades
    Rhodes certainly needs to kick start his career. Really can’t see us withdrawing what we have offered Taylor and then paying more (because it would be more) on Rhodes.  

The other side of the coin with Taylor is that perhaps ESI don’t like being held to ransom - which if true, shows they mean business. 
  • Gnanduillet looking like it will go through, too many mentions for the smoke to be false now imo. Better to have him up top than what we currently have.

I don't know how accurate these accounts are but Barnsley fans certainly seem to at least be entertaining them, we are in for Mowatt but so are Forest. I can see him going Forest if it's between us or them but that would be a very good start to the January window with both of them in, especially Mowatt. That's a long term championship midfielder imo 
    Didn’t Mowatt come through at Leeds? Could be that maybe the Bowyer being a Leeds hero etc could swing it, could be wrong. Regardless, that would be a very decent signing. 
  • Seems as if Bowyer and Gallen have been tracking this lad for quite some time. That means they rate him and should we sign him it’s not a case of getting a body in as in the signing of Josh Parker. It’s a step up and probably both Bowyer and Gallen won’t expect him to make a massive impact immediately. They are looking at potential and in our current situation a body. I still think that if Taylor departs then a more experienced striker will be brought in. Massive risk if not.
  • Gnanduillet looking like it will go through, too many mentions for the smoke to be false now imo. Better to have him up top than what we currently have.

Forest would be a lot nearer seeing that he's only played for Leeds and Barnsley
  • luke1 said:
    Charlton Athletic are interested in Middlesbrough midfielder Marcus Browne. (Via: Football Insider)

Crawley said no 
    The new "Computer says no".
  • Did Gnanduillet score for Blackpool at their place last year? I think I remember spending most of the match trying to figure out how pronounce his surname 
  • Sponsored links:

• Rossman92 said:
    Did Gnanduillet score for Blackpool at their place last year? I think I remember spending most of the match trying to figure out how pronounce his surname 
    I'm thinking it rhymes with cricketer Ganguly, ie 'Nanduly'
  • Rossman92 said:
    Did Gnanduillet score for Blackpool at their place last year? I think I remember spending most of the match trying to figure out how pronounce his surname 
    Assuming it's French-ish, I'd say Non-dwee-ay or perhaps Nyon-dwee-ay but it could be completely different.  You only have to look at the Labuschagne brothers to see the way pronunciations get screwed with.  The rugby one gets it pronounced correctly, the cricket one has been messed with so much even he's given up correcting people.
  • I've heard from a Blackpool fan I know that the striker doesn't work hard but seems to be in the right place at the right time to score goals, which matters massively at the end of the day. Like many others have said, in bowyer & gallen we trust
    Killer was pretty much the same.
  • edited January 2020
    Rossman92 said:
    He did and Dodoo played half decent that day until replaced by Delfouneso who scored a late winner😟. I spent most  of the match chewing the cud with @Blackpool72 😉.
  • I've heard from a Blackpool fan I know that the striker doesn't work hard but seems to be in the right place at the right time to score goals, which matters massively at the end of the day. Like many others have said, in bowyer & gallen we trust
    Killer was pretty much the same.
    My exact thoughts.
  • Not sure if it's been mentioned but Southall says there are offers out for players in his interview.. 
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:
    Rossman92 said:
    He did and Dodoo played half decent that day until replaced by Delfouneso who scored a late winner😟. I spent most  of the match chewing the cud with @Blackpool72 😉.
    Preston and stoke are my next two away games.
    Be nice to see you again if your at either of those. 

Didn’t Mowatt come through at Leeds? Could be that maybe the Bowyer being a Leeds hero etc could swing it, could be wrong. Regardless, that would be a very decent signing. 
    Yeah he's a Yorkshire lad. I just think with Forest being closer and them being the better side and having the higher wages he would end up there. Never know though 
  • RedChaser said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Preston and stoke are my next two away games.
    Be nice to see you again if your at either of those. 
    I hope to be at both mate and will keep a look out for you 👍.
  • Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Just to put on record, and people can shoot me down, and quote me in future if he signs and does well, but I just don’t rate Gnanduillet and think he would struggle in this division. For me there are better options out there that we could get. 
    Like who?
    Not my job,
    it’s very easy saying there’s better players out there and then when questioned saying the above!

The point being made is, there may be but would they sign and be in our price range, a very different matter.
  • I do like how open Matt has been on twitter so far, it's one of the things I like about the Peterborough owner. You can tweet him and 9 times out of 10 you get a reply. It would be nice if Matt is planning on doing similar.
  • I hope we do our business early.