Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• He should fit in well with us.

Arrogant like Taylor  & used to fan's boycotting.
    But has he used his Twitter to tease Charlton fans that he has signed a contract?
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    I think budget wise is probably between 3 to 5m including wages personally, plus anything generated from lyle going.
    What’s that based on?
    What I've been hearing and from Matt's interview today. They wont be breaking the bank from the off, they will invest in a sustainable way. 3 -5m including wages I think would be a decent outlay in a jan window, unless of course the perfect player became available at the right price above that. 
  • edited January 2020
    What's a Stanhope ?

What's a Stanhope? 

Basically a microscopic panorama. Not a Flog It fan?

https://www.pinterest.com/groovymini/stanhope-viewers/

• Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Can someone put up a video of Hamed's goals for qpr last season?

Failing that Sordell's greatest hits, Reza's goals in Holland or the best of Polish Pete.

If you did a 5 minute YouTube of Paul Mortimer you convince people he was the best player to ever lace boots (he was BTW). 
    Jeez you're full of joy aren't you.

If Bow and Gallen think they can work with Gnanduillet I'm willing to give him a chance.
    I didn't say I wasn't. 

A 2 minute video isn't a reason to get excited, or not, about a player.

I don't think anyone is actually making a judgement based on the video, moreso just saying based on the.video he seems to have something about him.

His record hints that he's either not good enough until recently or he's not applied himself. 
    P.276, G.S.64, A.18
    Maybe Bow and Gallen can trigger the coin drop moment for him if the latter is the case.

Let's be honest, none of us have seen him regular enough to make a call, so in Gallen and Bows we trust.

Perhaps he's just blossomed late on in his career?
    He has 22 goals in his last 55 starts in league one. That's a very decent record.

And a lot of people are getting taken in by how many appearances he's made, but of those 270 games he's played he only started 136 of them. It's only really at blackpool that he's kicked on and become a first choice striker. Even in his first 2 seasons at Blackpool, he wasn't first choice but something has obviously clicked, he started games regularly for the first time in his career and now he's scoring goals.
  • I’m not too keen on the Blackpool kid. From what I’ve seen he’s a bit sloppy and think he’ll struggle with the step up. 
    Name too long for a shirt and too difficult to spell. It's a no from me.
    I'm more worried he takes his shirt off when he scores a goal. Isn't that a yellow card offense. If he scores two goals in a game, he'll get sent off 😔
  • Nailed on if we sign Gnanduillet the first club he’s up against chants “you’re just a shit Tammy Abraham
  • I’m not too keen on the Blackpool kid. From what I’ve seen he’s a bit sloppy and think he’ll struggle with the step up. 
    Name too long for a shirt and too difficult to spell. It's a no from me.

Gonad
  • Scoham said:
    Some poor keepers there :
    Have to say that that video isn't selling him to me.
    Half of it consists of repeats and celebrations and most of the rest is tap-ins and goalkeeping errors.
    Never mind - as others have said I trust in Gallen and Bows and they seem to favour players with a raw talent that they can coach and improve.
    I suppose I am slightly disappointed that we are still shopping in the bargain basement - but following Matt Southall's interview I am happy to buy into the proposed model of sustainable and incremental improvement if it keeps us up and moving forwards.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Failing that Sordell's greatest hits, Reza's goals in Holland or the best of Polish Pete.

If you did a 5 minute YouTube of Paul Mortimer you convince people he was the best player to ever lace boots (he was BTW). 

If Bow and Gallen think they can work with Gnanduillet I'm willing to give him a chance.
    I didn't say I wasn't. 

Especially if the 2 minute video is that one.
  • Sponsored links:

• First sign of a good striker is ‘being there’.

As Nelson said in his book ‘Left Foot Forward’, better to be lucky...!
  • Redrobo said:
    First sign of a good striker is ‘being there’.

Good book that.
    follow up was good too 
  • CafcSCP said:
    Redrobo said:
    First sign of a good striker is ‘being there’.

Good book that.
    follow up was good too 
    Absolutely. Good reads for any football fan and a great insight to journeyman footballers. Funny as well. 
  • edited January 2020
    Sage said:
    Just to put on record, and people can shoot me down, and quote me in future if he signs and does well, but I just don’t rate Gnanduillet and think he would struggle in this division. For me there are better options out there that we could get. 
    Like who?
    Not my job, that’s Gallen’s to find players better and I am sure there will be a good few out there. My point was I don’t rate him and think he will struggle in this league. Strikers need to be able to bring something to the team and occupy defenders at the same time. Taylor drags them wide and out of position and assists, scores and holds up the ball. You rarely see players doing well in this league that happen to be lucky or just end up being in the right place and the right time, the rest of the time they get found out.

I trust Bow and Gallen on signings. It was me last week that said everything is in hand and how much do you trust Gallen. But I am also allowed the opinion that I don’t think he would cut it in this division, and so there are better options out there. 
  • Think we need to sign some experience in this window - id like to see Christophe Berra Centre Back whos just been released from Hearts - we need to start getting Clean sheets. - and Andy King from Leicester whos loan at Rangers has just been cut short. 
    Eddie Nkeitah would be the icing on the cake though for sure. 
  • Think we need to sign some experience in this window - id like to see Christophe Berra Centre Back whos just been released from Hearts - we need to start getting Clean sheets. - and Andy King from Leicester whos loan at Rangers has just been cut short. 
    Eddie Nkeitah would be the icing on the cake though for sure. 
    I agree about some experience but Christophe Berra? Maybe 5 years ago but not now. 
  • Redrobo said:
    Forestieri out of contract in the summer and not getting on the bench at Sheffield W.

Worth a cheeky offer?
    Bloke is a dirty little cheat. 
    Couldn't we do with one of those?
  • Scoham said:
    Some poor keepers there :
    He's big and puts himself about but, yes, some of that keeping is League 1 at best.

Not surprising, considering where he plays, of course.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I didn't say I wasn't. 

I don't think anyone is actually making a judgement based on the video, moreso just saying based on the.video he seems to have something about him.

His record hints that he's either not good enough until recently or he's not applied himself. 
    P.276, G.S.64, A.18
    Maybe Bow and Gallen can trigger the coin drop moment for him if the latter is the case.

Let's be honest, none of us have seen him regular enough to make a call, so in Gallen and Bows we trust.

I thought that was 18 against, i.e. own goals.  Took me a while to realise it was assists.

At least, I'm hoping it's assists.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I didn't say I wasn't. 

P.276, G.S.64, A.18

I thought that was 18 against, i.e. own goals.  Took me a while to realise it was assists.

At least, I'm hoping it's assists.
    He's still in front by 46 though (which is more than I can say when I look at my own stats!) 
  • Wednesday interested in Taylor what about swap deal for Jordan Rhoades
    If we can’t afford to pay Taylor what he wants, we certainly can’t afford Rhodes! 
  • Redrobo said:
    Forestieri out of contract in the summer and not getting on the bench at Sheffield W.

Worth a cheeky offer?
    Bloke is a dirty little cheat. 
    Couldn't we do with one of those?
    No.
    His wages are far too high 
  • Charlton Athletic are interested in Middlesbrough midfielder Marcus Browne. (Via: Football Insider)

• Rylo said:
    Wednesday interested in Taylor what about swap deal for Jordan Rhoades
    If we can’t afford to pay Taylor what he wants, we certainly can’t afford Rhodes! 
    Who says we can't afford what he wants?
  • J BLOCK said:
    Rylo said:
    From what I've seen and read here and elsewhere plus a few rumours.  Its more that Lyle wants a "change of scenery".  Money might come into it - but I don't think its the only consideration.
  • luke1 said:
    Charlton Athletic are interested in Middlesbrough midfielder Marcus Browne. (Via: Football Insider)

Crawley said no 
  • J BLOCK said:
    Rylo said:
    Probably didn’t mean it quite like that. IF money were the issue and Taylor ends up leaving for higher wages elsewhere, then I highly doubt that Jordan Rhodes would be a realistic option as a replacement.