Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• ESI presumably have tried to make an offer somewhere around what he could have got had he gone to Brentford in the summer, Bow's words "Life Changing money", if someone believes that Taylor can give them what they want to get promoted, he will get "Life Changing money" offered again, if not, he stays and plays out his contract and has another bite at both CAFC and all options are open to him. A game of poker where he hold a very good hand provided he don't get a big injury!  

For me the big question is how much will we miss him if he goes now, he always brought a lot more than goals to this team!  
  • Rhian Brewster has completed his loan move to Swansea
  • Sage said:
    Just to put on record, and people can shoot me down, and quote me in future if he signs and does well, but I just don’t rate Gnanduillet and think he would struggle in this division. For me there are better options out there that we could get. 
    I suspect you will get the chance to see if you are right. Think he will deffo bec coming in. 
  • Sage said:
    Just to put on record, and people can shoot me down, and quote me in future if he signs and does well, but I just don’t rate Gnanduillet and think he would struggle in this division. For me there are better options out there that we could get. 
    I'm not overexcited by him either, fine as a squad player which we desperately need, but certainly not a replacement for Lyle
    This with bells on
  • edited January 2020
    RedChaser said:
    Rhian Brewster has completed his loan move to Swansea
     Nketiah to us then? As an aside does anyone else have Chiquitita by Abba playing in their head when they see his name....... No? Ok I'll get my coat 😉.
    I do now, thanks
    Oops, Solly 😈.
  • Alex Mowatt Barnsley captain on our radar. 27 Year old midfielder. 
  • Dansk_Red said:
    Alex Mowatt Barnsley captain on our radar. 27 Year old midfielder. 
    He is 24, nearly 25.
  • Sponsored links:

• Regarding those Armand Gnanduillet to Charlton rumours, they certainly have an interest - as they did during the summer - and they'll be wanting a striker given injuries to Lyle Taylor and Macauley Bonne.

But as I understand it no deal has been agreed, contrary to reports.

• edited January 2020
    masicat said:
    Don’t get too excited. A war with Iran will decimate the price of oil, and our lot will be looking at trying to get loanees in from League 2.
    Oil prices going up as a result of Iran but UEA in front line.
    If Iran attack the UAE, we could be called up.
    It's a potentially very serious moment in the history of the middle east where even Israel who like to get their retaliation in first wouldn't have taken the number 2 man out in Iran in fear of reprisals. Obama didn't and even George W Bush didn't but the Tango man did. ( No not our mate Simon Jordan)

Still worth a LOL, and only 18-35 age group Cafc fans need to worry.

At least it's clear what Bowyer thought was a strange idea.
  • Sage said:
    100% this
  • edited January 2020
    Barnsley will not sell Mowatt to a relegation rival. Plus, he is Yorkshire born, and has played for Leeds and Barnsley. Why would he want to join a struggling Southern club?
  • In last 6 months of his contract. 
  • Barnsley will not sell Mowatt to a relegation rival. Plus, he is Yorkshire born, and has played for Leeds and Barnsley. Why would he want to join a struggling Southern club?
    £££
  • Barnsley will not sell Mowatt to a relegation rival. Plus, he is Yorkshire born, and has played for Leeds and Barnsley. Why would he want to join a struggling Southern club?
    1) yes they will if the price is right. That’s football.
    2) Aribo went to Scotland. Nuff said.
  • stonemuse said:
    One of them even seems to be planning a team without him! Suggesting he doesn't do enough, not exactly a good sign haha 
  • I've heard from a Blackpool fan I know that the striker doesn't work hard but seems to be in the right place at the right time to score goals, which matters massively at the end of the day. Like many others have said, in bowyer & gallen we trust
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:
    I thought he was a real handful when we played them last year.  
  • Sage said:
    Like who?
  • Sage said:
    Like who?
    Depends on what budget we have I suppose 
  • I've heard from a Blackpool fan I know that the striker doesn't work hard but seems to be in the right place at the right time to score goals, which matters massively at the end of the day. Like many others have said, in bowyer & gallen we trust
    Tbh I am quite excited regardless, him, Toney and Clarke-Harris were the main 3 I wanted Bowyer to go for. 
    Like Ajose then... 
  • They were b*thing about Mowatt on their forum the other day
  • I think budget wise is probably between 3 to 5m including wages personally, plus anything generated from lyle going.
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    I think budget wise is probably between 3 to 5m including wages personally, plus anything generated from lyle going.
    What’s that based on?
  • I’m not too keen on the Blackpool kid. From what I’ve seen he’s a bit sloppy and think he’ll struggle with the step up.