Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• So Peterborough have said publicly they want  £12 or £15 million for Toney ?

Is it the case his contract runs out this June? 
    If we could get him for say £8 million max, I wonder if MS would have the funds and be tempted ?
  • cfgs said:
    MarkyE83 said:
    Southall has liked a tweet about Toney and Maddison. Could be nothing, could be everything!
    He is mates with Posh's owner and is going for a drink with him if you read the tweets.
    Hopefully, as an ex-agent, he is probably mates with lots of club chairmen and managers and players - could be useful for loans or getting players in.

• So Peterborough have said publicly they want  £12 or £15 million for Toney ?

If we could get him for say £8 million max, I wonder if MS would have the funds and be tempted ?
    He signed a long term contract with Posh in 2018, so likely has a deal until at least 2021.

https://www.theposh.com/news/2018/august/posh-swoop-for-toney/
  • edited January 2020
    Picked this up from his Wiki page...

”In November 2014, Toney was close to a transfer to Wolverhampton Wanderers, which collapsed due to an undisclosed medical issue.”
  • Picked this up from his Wiki page...

”n November 2014, Toney was close to a transfer to Wolverhampton Wanderers, which collapsed due to an undisclosed medical issue.”
    We would have signed him regardless of the medical issue -particularly on the basis of it being undisclosed. 
  • edited January 2020
    So Peterborough have said publicly they want  £12 or £15 million for Toney ?

I honestly think they would accept £6m. Not sure if we would pay that though. 
    The £13m asking price that has been suggested is fanciful. Anybody paying anywhere near that for a bloke that hasn’t scarred goals above League 1 level would be bonkers. 
  • edited January 2020
    I genuinely believe one of Maddison or Toney will be a Charlton player by the end of January. Unless the meeting is happening down here, there’s no way you’d go to Peterborough just for a catch up over coffee. 
  • MarkyE83 said:
    Southall has liked a tweet about Toney and Maddison. Could be nothing, could be everything!
    Just for a couple of Seconds I thought you meant James Maddison !  Now that would be a Marquee signing.

Six years ago I mentioned Marcus Maddison after I saw him play for Gateshead but just weeks later he signed for Posh. Scores some great goals but at 26  is still in League 1. A versatile player who is best at left midfield but has played LB in emergencies. I have no idea what the budget is this window but the posh Chairman buys cheap and sells high so may be overpriced now ?

Toney would be a good addition !
  • Sponsored links:

• Saw on twitter somewhere that Maddison has a £2.6m release clause and that Middlesborough were chasing him.  
  • Personally Id be suprised if we pay big money for experienced players in this window as we'd bust our wage structure wise open.  Not a wise thing to do mid season imo
    Our wage structure is changing.   Trust me!
  • Don’t get too excited. A war with Iran will decimate the price of oil, and our lot will be looking at trying to get loanees in from League 2.
  • masicat said:
    Don’t get too excited. A war with Iran will decimate the price of oil, and our lot will be looking at trying to get loanees in from League 2.
    Oil prices going up as a result of Iran but UEA in front line.
  • masicat said:
    Don’t get too excited. A war with Iran will decimate the price of oil, and our lot will be looking at trying to get loanees in from League 2.
    Oil prices going up as a result of Iran but UEA in front line.
    Yep a war in the Gulf makes oil harder to get so prices go up.
  • Redrobo said:
    Forestieri out of contract in the summer and not getting on the bench at Sheffield W.

Worth a cheeky offer?
    Bloke is a dirty little cheat. 
    Definitely wouldn’t like him at Charlton 
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't know if its been mentioned, Barnsley have signed a midfielder Ritzmaier, undisclosed from Austrian club.  
  • ✍️🏻 Confirmed. We are delighted to announce the signing of striker @madzfaal from @ETFCOfficial on an 18-month contract.

#BWFC 🐘🏰 https://t.co/BIfqBCnIJc

Enfield striker we were linked with joins Bolton.
  • I heard he’s hot 🥵 stuff ....
  • Someone like Ronan Curtis is detested when they play against you because they put themselves about, make their presence felt and they get under your skin. Someone who you'd love on your side, much like Lyle.

Forrestieri, however, is detested for being a diving, cheating racist. Someone I would not like to see pull on our shirt
    Yeah but he’s got a nice touch for a racist.
    Yes, his white hood is always immaculately ironed.
  • After having a long chat with Rhoys Wiggins at the Donny Semi final, it was interesting to hear about the politics of football concerning injuries(Rhoys was an expert !) Wages and being in or out of favour with managers, and what does a retired footballer do when he has to retire at 30 when he isn't mega rich.(study sports nutrition in Rhoys' case)

IF a player like Murray gets a 5 month deal, his wages would be 500 % up on Taylor(current deal) and about 1000% up on Bonne(current deal) this is only an estimate but it's gives an idea about the politics of football and the difficulty of Steve Gallen's job when he had the lowest budget under Douchebag and an unknown budget under ESI.

We need to bring in more Quality than Stoke, Wigan, Barnsley, Huddersfield, Luton etc to regain the momentum we had earlier this Season before Bowyer ran over that Black cat.
    Money coming before the treatment of a player?
  • Sky Transfer Centre says that Billy Sharp has been told he's free to leave Sheffield United if he wants to

Both Middlesbrough and Nottingham Forest would be interested but could be a great option for us
    Papers in Scotland yesterday said Celtic were interested in him and Glen Murray.
    I posted a hope for Glen for us as we are nearer to where he lives, but it will depend on offers on wages. 
    On reflection, I think money would be better spent on a player that will be with us for two or three years - if available.