Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Uboat said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Uboat said:
    DOUCHER said:
    my 'mitk' has now advised field will be back in 3 weeks!!!!! , cullen will be out training next week and taylor out 2/3 weeks - inquest under way re the field news!!!!
    Good for you for coming on here, holding your hands up and saying that you got it completely wrong and weren't ITK.
    think what you like but i can guarantee you i don't make this stuff up and my mitk is probably as ITK as it gets - takeovers, injuries, transfers - look at my record baby - i may be a pantomine villain on here but 99% of the time, i'm bang on 
    Relax. It was a joke. I thought you liked 'jousting with the smartarses', but maybe not. 
    if the cap fits....
  • DOUCHER said:
    Uboat said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Uboat said:
    DOUCHER said:
    my 'mitk' has now advised field will be back in 3 weeks!!!!! , cullen will be out training next week and taylor out 2/3 weeks - inquest under way re the field news!!!!
    Good for you for coming on here, holding your hands up and saying that you got it completely wrong and weren't ITK.
    think what you like but i can guarantee you i don't make this stuff up and my mitk is probably as ITK as it gets - takeovers, injuries, transfers - look at my record baby - i may be a pantomine villain on here but 99% of the time, i'm bang on 
    Relax. It was a joke. I thought you liked 'jousting with the smartarses', but maybe not. 
    if the cap fits....
    My bad. I'd forgotten about your fragile ego. 
  • Uboat said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Uboat said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Uboat said:
    DOUCHER said:
    if the cap fits....
    appreciated, i'm clearly very upset
  • DOUCHER said:
    Uboat said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Uboat said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Uboat said:
    DOUCHER said:
    if the cap fits....
    appreciated, i'm clearly very upset
    Tick tick tick tick tick
  • edited January 2020
    DOUCHER said:
    Uboat said:
    DOUCHER said:
    I see you haven’t responded to my message. Instead just come back on and admitted you were so wide of the mark we should start nickname you Churchy or Spongefoot. 
  • DOUCHER said:
    I think that should be your 'mwhgafs'. 
  • Croydon said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Uboat said:
    DOUCHER said:
    What record exactly?
    you must be new around here - google me
  • DOUCHER said:
    Told you that yesterday. Your other information has just come from Bowyer, congrats...
    sorry if you felt left out - no idea what bowyer has said - if what i posted is common knowledge, fine - just passing on what my mitk text me
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:
    I think that should be your 'mwhgafs'. 
    inquiry will be conducted at the u23's tomorrow - will review an acronym update after that 
  • Sunderland fans want the Blackpool striker.
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50981133

Joe Ledley is looking for a club nearer home (Cardiff). If Newport don't want him, not sure where else he'd go as no way is he up to Championship standard now. He's pretty optimistic to be taking about Wales and the Euros too!
  • DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Told you that yesterday. Your other information has just come from Bowyer, congrats...
    sorry if you felt left out - no idea what bowyer has said - if what i posted is common knowledge, fine - just passing on what my mitk text me
    Left out? You have backtracked pal. I thought when your were calling someone ‘mitk’ you were just misspelling milkman, seems I was right. 
    yep that's great, thanks  
  • Laddick01 said:

i have been contemplating a name change but not sure how to do it / be bothered to work it out
  • Sponsored links:

• Appy, are you describing are PM? Please go to House of Commoners.
  • DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Left out? You have backtracked pal. I thought when your were calling someone ‘mitk’ you were just misspelling milkman, seems I was right. 
    yep that's great, thanks  
    My god, fucking shut up.
    I think you could say that to about 4 or 5 people tbh mate
  • DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    yep that's great, thanks  
    My god, fucking shut up.
    sorry, hope u r okay
  • Saw 43 new posts and thought there were some genuine rumours.
  • edited January 2020

My father was a big Jeppson fan but the memory of Cliff Holton and Eddie Firmani in those almost perennial battles against relegation in my youth live long in my memory.

Firstly Holton in 1966 tearing apart the feted young  Centre Half Alan Stephenson in  a 1-0 victory over Palace and then an Easter Monday 5-2 victory over Preston where the 37yr centre forward outpaced and held off a posse of defenders from the halfway line to seal the win.

Then Firmani a similarly ageing veteran called out of Southend Reserves in 1967/68 to net 6 times in 10 games. The pace and mobility of 4/5 yrs earlier had gone but the class and ability to find space in the box was still there. I can still visualise the towering header in a late win against against Northampton.

Sadly I am not sure they make players like those two any more

Holton was a very big fella (I’d say 6’ 2” or so), with legs like tree trunks, a no nonsense old school centre forward and something of a human battering ram.
    When he took penalties or dead ball free kicks defenders and keepers would dive out of the way......I ain’t joking either!
    Think we got him from Watford?
  • all nonsense to one side, the news about cullen and field is great and in theory we could have our strongest line up back on the pitch by the end of the month - with additional signings as well
  • DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    yep that's great, thanks  
    My god, fucking shut up.
    I think you could say that to about 4 or 5 people tbh mate
    I am, not just doucher.

It's all so boring. 
  • edited January 2020
    Chunes said:
    Let's take a big step back from speculation  and look at the facts we do have. 

From Roland's EFL statement:

"Part of the plan for ESI is to strengthen the team in January, using these weeks in December to put the building blocks in place for that..."

And this from Lee Bowyer:

"They want to stabilise us to stay in the league. There will be some help in Jan. That’s what we need to do as a football club. We need to become an established championship side and then you can build on that

So there are the facts.

There will be money available if Bow and Gallen want to spend it. Bodies will come in. And we are aiming to stabilise, not go mad with marquee signings.

There has been no indication from anywhere that these guys are going to spend megabucks. That's been pure CL speculation based on the owner's family. I see nothing so far to suggest that's true. 
    That those things were said is fact but what's contained in those statements is not necessarily fact, it could just as likely be a smokescreen for what's actually going on behind the scenes.