Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Sky Transfer Centre says that Billy Sharp has been told he's free to leave Sheffield United if he wants to

Both Middlesbrough and Nottingham Forest would be interested but could be a great option for us
    He's 34 next month mate, still two years younger than Glenn Murray 😉
  • Billy sharp would be a great signing 
  • cfgs said:
    masicat said:
    Don’t get too excited. A war with Iran will decimate the price of oil, and our lot will be looking at trying to get loanees in from League 2.
    Oil prices going up as a result of Iran but UEA in front line.
    Yep a war in the Gulf makes oil harder to get so prices go up.
    Ok, we become the quintessential Charlton fans and travel by Train  :)
  • shine166 said:
    Billy sharp would be a great signing 
    doubt Sharp would be in the least bit interested in coming south to join a Championship club
  • shine166 said:
    Billy sharp would be a great signing 
    doubt Sharp would be in the least bit interested in coming south to join a Championship club
    Probably not 
  • cafc-west said:
    cfgs said:
    MarkyE83 said:
    Southall has liked a tweet about Toney and Maddison. Could be nothing, could be everything!
    He is mates with Posh's owner and is going for a drink with him if you read the tweets.
    Hopefully, as an ex-agent, he is probably mates with lots of club chairmen and managers and players - could be useful for loans or getting players in.

Probably pissed off a fair few of them too.
  • ✍️🏻 Confirmed. We are delighted to announce the signing of striker @madzfaal from @ETFCOfficial on an 18-month contract.

#BWFC 🐘🏰 https://t.co/BIfqBCnIJc

Enfield striker we were linked with joins Bolton.
    Good move for him, a good chance of first team football under a decent manager. If they go down, you'd expect them to walk L2 next season
  • edited January 2020
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/east-street-investments-withdraw-lucrative-contract-offer-to-lyle-taylor-and-set-to-listen-to-offers-for-charlton-athletic-striker/

Remain keen on Blackpool striker Gnanduillet  Were interested in Brewster but he looks set to join Swansea on loan.
  • Scoham said:
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/east-street-investments-withdraw-lucrative-contract-offer-to-lyle-taylor-and-set-to-listen-to-offers-for-charlton-athletic-striker/

Remain keen on Blackpool striker Gnanduillet  Were interested in Brewster but he looks set to join Swansea on loan.
    So... Taylor is not motivated by money? or is very motivated by money ?

good news to see the valley secured. Training ground must have some complications? 
  • edited January 2020
    He’s obviously been told by his agent he can get more elsewhere! This is where the game is now all wrong! That shouldn’t be allowed to happen until the club have given Lyle permission to speak to other clubs!!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2020
  • Apart from a few months at Southampton, i don't think Sharp has ever played down south. 

At the age he is now and with a young family i can't see that changing.
  • cafc_se7 said:
    He’s obviously been told by his agent he can get more elsewhere! This is where the game is now all wrong! That shouldn’t be allowed to happen until the club have given Lyle permission to speak to other clubs!!
    6 months from end of contract he is allowed to talk to foreign clubs. Glasgow Rangers, being in Scotland, is deemed to be a foreign club.
  • He'll be gone by the end of the month. Disappointing but we'll carry on and find a new hero to worship.

Hopefully we'll see Bowyer signed up on a contract soon. 
  • sam3110 said:
    If we've withdrawn it, that tells me we believe we can use the money from his sale to buy better and younger.
    Younger probably, better I’m not convinced. If there are better strikers out there why aren’t the clubs interested in Taylor going after them instead?
  • Polish Pete
  • sam3110 said:
    If we've withdrawn it, that tells me we believe we can use the money from his sale to buy better and younger.
    Fingers crossed money towards getting Cullen
  • Perhaps not better but fitter would be a start, Taylor has been very poor (fairly understandable given the time he was out for) since he has come back into the side
  • Younger but the potential to become better is what we should be aiming for, with Taylor we got the finished product.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2020
    I wouldn't be surprised if we sell Taylor and meet Maddisons buy out clause, which I believe is 2.6m and then get a striker in on loan. Just my guess definitely not itk. 
  • The situation is similar to the last window - Taylor played well enough until his injury. What we need to do is ask for a price around the £4m mark and if somebody bites buy a younger replacement or two. If they don't Taylor will surely keep trying to impress which will be to our benefit. When you look at his career, he does seem to be a bit of a rolling stone.
  • It sends a message to other clubs and players if Lyle is leaving. 

It says we either don't have silly money or we're not willing to spend silly money. 

I'd imagine that will make negotiations much more realistic.
  • I imagine there's also an element of making a point to players/agents already at the club (and used to RD's nonsense) that new owners aren't going to be playing silly buggers. If we can't agree terms we won't be held hostage, we move on.
  • Chunes said:
    It sends a message to other clubs and players if Lyle is leaving. 

It says we either don't have silly money or we're not willing to spend silly money. 

Or we aren’t being dictated to by players
  • Chunes said:
    It sends a message to other clubs and players if Lyle is leaving. 

Or we aren’t being dictated to by players
    Or we can’t keep our best players, are going down, and it’s not worth joining us 😉
  • edited January 2020