Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Chunes said:
    It sends a message to other clubs and players if Lyle is leaving. 

It says we either don't have silly money or we're not willing to spend silly money. 

I'd imagine that will make negotiations much more realistic.
    Not necessarily.  Taylor just might want another challenge or change of surroundings, or fallen out with someone.  Bauer made up his mind to leave even before he got an offer.  I seem to remember Claus Jenson moving on for a change of scenery too.
  • This could just be the negotiating in public tactic that agents/clubs use.  Maybe Lyle will go but I wouldn’t be surprised if a deal with the club is eventually hammered out. I guess I am an optimist.

i agree - i don't think this is done yet
  •  Any rumours floating about?  Incoming ones?!
  • Telling that they are saying he's not transfer listed.

So appears they are happy to keep him until the summer if no one offers enough.

Come February they may feel that they can get him to sign another deal with us anyway.

As long as this is all OK with Bowyer then fine. I want to keep Taylor, as he proven at this level and this club but this is a negotiation. It could still go one of three ways IMHO. Sold now, moves on free in summer, signs new deal with us. No idea which it will be.
    As we all keep saying, if it fits Bow and Gallen's plans and back up plans, then fine. But I would entirely prefer Lyle stayed until the end of season.

After that I think he'll re-sign if we're safe and strengthening.
  • Someone has been reading the "January 2020 transfer rumours" thread on Charlton Life.

I doubt it's come from the club ...... they like to operate under the radar these days, not revealing transfer targets.

• Well the Blackpool rumour has come from Cawley a couple of times

So not difficult to rehash that one
  • Sponsored links:

• I read on that Vital Charlton on NewsNow the other day that we are favourites for Eddie Nketiah?
  • edited January 2020
    I think Swansea will trump us, sadly.
  • I think Swansea will trump us.

They are favourites for Rhian Brewster on loan, would they go for both? Would be an excellent addition if we can get him. Hasn't Bowyer also said we are expecting to complete a loan of a striker by this week too? I think we have a real possibility 
  • edited January 2020
    I hope you are right, Red_James, but Bristol City are also in with a shout.
  • Will we sign any one this week?.
  • Red_James said:
    I think Swansea will trump us.

They are favourites for Rhian Brewster on loan, would they go for both? Would be an excellent addition if we can get him. Hasn't Bowyer also said we are expecting to complete a loan of a striker by this week too? I think we have a real possibility 

I think he said a striker this week but dont think he said if it would be a loan or permanent signing. Fingers crossed for both
  • Will we sign any one this week?.
    Bowyer said he was hoping to sign two players this week.
  • Would be a good signing that. I think he has similar attributes to Toney and is much cheaper so definitely worth a go.

Not seen a lot of him but his stats speak for themselves.
  • Sponsored links:

• They don't seem overly fussed over on the Blackpool forum..
  • edited January 2020
    sam3110 said:
    If we've withdrawn it, that tells me we believe we can use the money from his sale to buy better and younger.
    Fingers crossed money towards getting Cullen
    I feel like a party pooper, but some one with wisdom of how the football world revolves needs to say this.  if we offer 15k to Cullen to sign a 3 year contract at Cafc this would have 100% consenus with fans BUT are there CL members who think that figure would get Josh to sign up even If David Moyes decided to let him go ( I believe West ham want him to stay) Cullen's agent like Taylor's agent, know the figure is higher in most Championship clubs.

Just feel there's a chasm at the moment between the "Let's chill, we are going to live happily ever after " group and the " what's the difference between Roland and ESI if they sell our main man" group. The truth is  in the middle. We will up our budget but strikers make or break a season, letting Taylor go for nothing in the summer should be first choice if Lyle doesn't sign this 1st offer from ESI. 

Sorry, Roland name was put in for a bit of comic relief(He is history but his smell lingers)  but you surely get my drift. 

It's the philosophy of ESI that will become clear very soon if it hasn't already. 31 days in January, and Steve Gallen may need everyone of those days to zoom in on good targets if the budget is still modest.

A very interesting window awaits even if it's an opaque window which feels a pane at present.

• They don't seem overly fussed over on the Blackpool forum..
    Got a link?
  • Unlike with Yann , I’m convinced we’ve seen Taylor’s best days.  That said , I’d keep him until his contract expires and say thanks for all he has done, If he doesn’t want to sign a new one.
  • Sage said:
    Just to put on record, and people can shoot me down, and quote me in future if he signs and does well, but I just don’t rate Gnanduillet and think he would struggle in this division. For me there are better options out there that we could get. 
    I'm not overexcited by him either, fine as a squad player which we desperately need, but certainly not a replacement for Lyle
  • I think Taylor and his agent decided long ago that he was moving on. His injury was no doubt genuine but since coming back he has perhaps understandably not pushed himself and his thigh strain confirms to me anyway that he is protecting himself. I suspect he has had a gentleman’s agreement somewhere for some time. He’s never put down football roots so he is consistent in that anyway.

The real question is who we replace him with. Younger and from lower divisions would be a risk given our precarious League position but strikers don’t come cheap do they. We will find out a lot about ESI over the next few weeks. 
    Looked very much like he was saying his farewells as he left the field after the Bristol City game.