Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Changing positions .

In my view we need a reserve left back and Armand Traore is available after being released by Cardiff . Ex QPR so probably known to Gallen .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50340849

• Wouldn't be keen on Traore, not sure he's a fully committed 100% type of player. 
  • Talal said:
    Wouldn't be keen on Traore, not sure he's a fully committed 100% type of player. 
    Last Traore to play with us was an absolute donkey and I don't mean that in a positive way.
  • Feel we need a couple of solid signings in before West Brom to get the place bouncing 
  • Got to confess I know nothing of the lad, but he has an excellent strike rate this season. Still young enough to learn. No question he’s better than Davison. Seems like a sensible acquisition for a team who needs to get strikers in at the lower end of the championship and could be a useful squad player should we be fishing higher up the league next season. We must bring someone in before Saturday.
  • I honestly think that the ones writing off Gnanduillet already is because in their heads we was going to sign Toney for 8m.

15 goals this year and looks a big, strong player - something we have been lacking uptops since lyle was out. 

Didn't Nicky Ajose have good stats before he joined us? Let's not write him off ffs.

• Sponsored links:

• I could’ve scored the first one. 
  • Sage said:
    Just to put on record, and people can shoot me down, and quote me in future if he signs and does well, but I just don’t rate Gnanduillet and think he would struggle in this division. For me there are better options out there that we could get. 
    OK, who?

Would they come to us and how much for, without paying over the odds?

As Southall said, already a few '00's' have been added to the price tags on hearing we've been taken over.
  • Scores with both feet, fearless, composed and right place at right time. 

He will do for. Me. 
  • Similarities with Taylor in that neither were prolific until they reached 27 and the signing of Taylor has worked out okay. Prepared to trust Bowyer and Galen on this one.
  • Gnanduillet (sp?) seems to have a knack for being in the right place at the right time and that is something that cannot be taught, and doesn’t disappear if you move up the leagues. Looks like a decent finisher aswell, having scored goals with his left, right and his head.

I trust Bows, JJ and Gallen. If they wanted him in summer and they want him now, he’s good enough for me.
  • Remember watching Gnanduillet at Leyton Orient in L2 and he was abosutely horrific, hope his improved since then
  • Can someone put up a video of Hamed's goals for qpr last season?

Failing that Sordell's greatest hits, Reza's goals in Holland or the best of Polish Pete.

If you did a 5 minute YouTube of Paul Mortimer you convince people he was the best player to ever lace boots (he was BTW). 
  • Mentioned before on the Blackpool striker, the Mrs family are all Blackpool ST holders. To a man they do not rate him and are convinced he is not where near Champ standard 
  • Best of Polish Pete is available on a Stanhope. Will try to view Morts.
  • Sponsored links:

• I see Karlan Grant is being linked with a move to Wolves. Wonder if we have a sell on clause. May help the cause in getting someone in if it goes through. 
  • What's a Stanhope ?
  • What's a Stanhope ?
    An estate in Ashford. 
  • vffvff
    edited January 2020
    Good thing with the Taylor situation is that ESI are being upfront about the Lyle Taylor potential move. If Taylor moves & Charlton get a fee - then hopefully theres time to get some replacements in as the whole thing is being addressed at the start of the window.

Contrast that with the last minute schenanigans with Duchatelet - with best players sold & no time & limited scope to get someone in. That was usually someone not as good. 

Proof will be with what the Charlton front line will end up. I am encouraged by the upfront approach. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Can someone put up a video of Hamed's goals for qpr last season?

Failing that Sordell's greatest hits, Reza's goals in Holland or the best of Polish Pete.

If you did a 5 minute YouTube of Paul Mortimer you convince people he was the best player to ever lace boots (he was BTW). 
    Jeez you're full of joy aren't you.

If Bow and Gallen think they can work with Gnanduillet I'm willing to give him a chance.
    I didn't say I wasn't. 

A 2 minute video isn't a reason to get excited, or not, about a player.

• edited January 2020
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Can someone put up a video of Hamed's goals for qpr last season?

Jeez you're full of joy aren't you.

If Bow and Gallen think they can work with Gnanduillet I'm willing to give him a chance.
    I didn't say I wasn't. 

A 2 minute video isn't a reason to get excited, or not, about a player.

I don't think anyone is actually making a judgement based on the video, moreso just saying based on the.video he seems to have something about him.

His record hints that he's either not good enough until recently or he's not applied himself. 
    P.276, G.S.64, A.18
    Maybe Bow and Gallen can trigger the coin drop moment for him if the latter is the case.

Let's be honest, none of us have seen him regular enough to make a call, so in Gallen and Bows we trust.

• He should fit in well with us.

Arrogant like Taylor  & used to fan's boycotting.