Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Our new board are that good keeping targets hush hush, that the fans have no idea whether we will be getting anybody!!
  • Defence needs shoring up. Seems every game we concede early and at present struggle to get back in it. Need clean sheets regularly if we want to remain in this division. Not enough quality at the back I’m afraid. 
  • Does this mean we'll see his missus Brooke Vincent at The Valley?

SIGN HIM!
    Kevin Webster's daughter Rosie,...............according to the Mrs 😉.
  • The calibre and qualitiy of the players we are RUMOURED to be linked with are getting worse and worse. What happened to Vydra and Curtis?
  • Macronate said:
    Wayne’s brother.
    Who's  Wayne Tooney?
  • Not being too pedantic but the daughter is Sophie not Rosie.
  • Interesting that we are being linked with a CB, seeing that is the one place where we don't have injury concerns
    No, but bar Lockyer, they're all pony 
    According to your Mrs?

• edited January 2020
    and cheap ------it's in the CAFC DNA now ,still in the bargain bucket at the football equivalent of Poundland. No idea why I would have expected anything else really.

stable club ,run properly, respecting its fan base and growing it----happy with that and compared with what we were facing with RD thankful ,but just for fecking once wouldn't it be nice to blow the pundits out the water with a top top signing ? 

Of course it's all logical not to do it in this window of madness, but as Mr Keegan once said "id love id love it"

• Sponsored links:

• Macronate said:
    Wayne’s brother.
    Who's  Wayne Tooney?
    Runs Grove Park Tea Hut.
    Ah ha, I knew that would smoke out the Corrie fans on here 😉.
  • RedChaser said:
    Does this mean we'll see his missus Brooke Vincent at The Valley?

SIGN HIM!
    She's a lesbian in Corry.
  • cfgs said:
    The players we want probably wouldn't sign permanently for us whilst we could potentially be a division lower next season. Stay up and then build.
    Exactly, Rome wasn't built in a day.
  • RedChaser said:
    Does this mean we'll see his missus Brooke Vincent at The Valley?

SIGN HIM!
    She's a lesbian in Corry.
    I'll take your word for it mate 😉.
  • We're just going to get a few bodies in to sure up the ship and hopefully get us safe, just, this season. I still think ppl will be disappointed even in the summer though. Early indications we'll still be shopping for out of contract / free transfers. Hopefully a step above our previous frees but free transfers none the less. 
  • scruffle said:
    We're just going to get a few bodies in to sure up the ship and hopefully get us safe, just, this season. I still think ppl will be disappointed even in the summer though. Early indications we'll still be shopping for out of contract / free transfers. Hopefully a step above our previous frees but free transfers none the less. 

why then have ESI spent a bund,e on the club, if that's the casse?
  • Interesting that we are being linked with a CB, seeing that is the one place where we don't have injury concerns
    He can play in front of the back 4 and at left back according to Oldham fans. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him take the place of Purrington, or play wing back in a back 5. 

Always good to have a versatile player in a squad full of injuries
    I hadn't read that Oldham link, it does seem from that, that's he's potentially a good "baller" rather than a pure defender, so LB might be an obvious position
  • Melrose said:
    The calibre and qualitiy of the players we are RUMOURED to be linked with are getting worse and worse. What happened to Vydra and Curtis?
    you know that 99.9% of the 'rumours' are guesswork allied to a bit of wishful thinking and player list pin sticking ((:>) .. and that includes all our self proclaimed 'experts' 
  • Sponsored links:

• Melrose said:
    The calibre and qualitiy of the players we are RUMOURED to be linked with are getting worse and worse. What happened to Vydra and Curtis?
    you know that 99.9% of the 'rumours' are guesswork allied to a bit of wishful thinking and player list pin sticking ((:>) .. and that includes all our self proclaimed 'experts' 
    Lincs, you're right of course. Don't know why I keep getting my hopes up. Really should have learnt by now

• edited January 2020
    "Able to operate as a centre-back or box-to-box midfield, Bryan has been praised for his vision and passing ability, as well as for his long-range shots and penalty-taking."  from Wiki

Left footed as well.
  • Melrose said:
    Melrose said:
    Lincs, you're right of course. Don't know why I keep getting my hopes up. Really should have learnt by now

no news is good news lol .. the longer it goes on without signings, the better quality player we SHOULD be signing ..  that's my hope anyway .. we will see
  • "Able to operate as a centre-back or box-to-box midfield, Bryan has been praised for his vision and passing ability, as well as for his long-range shots and penalty-taking."  from Wiki
    Vision, passing, long range shots and penalties, sounds more like a replacement for Taylor than a bloody centre back!
  • sam3110 said:
    "Able to operate as a centre-back or box-to-box midfield, Bryan has been praised for his vision and passing ability, as well as for his long-range shots and penalty-taking."  from Wiki
    Vision, passing, long range shots and penalties, sounds more like a replacement for Taylor than a bloody centre back!

Nabby..........Oh no, Penalties!!!
  • Step 1: Stay up - We will only need to sign a few players to do this, they will be selective no doubt and I can't see us signing half a dozen players in January calm down, that could be very risky

Step2: Rebuild- In the Summer if we are still in the Championship, we will be able to sign the better players which everyone wants us to sign.

I have no doubt they have not bought a side to just get by, but one step at a time people. Slow down, no need to panic, give them all a chance and with Boywer and Gallen at the helm have some faith.

• PopIcon said:
    Blades mate said Bryan is by far their worst player and i quote "we've got Leon Clarke".
     He's 23 and played twice FFS!

How olds your mate? 12
    Very odd thing to say, not sure what relevance his age is.

Anyway, my friend Hal is a footballing genius, if he said Bryan is their worst player then I believe him.
    Besides there is a reason he's not near the first team, but for the life of me, I cannot think what that reason would be.

When all is said and done, Leicester fans were not keen on Yann, just as Wednesday fans were not keen on Morrison and we all know what happened next...
  • Nan-dwee-lay
    Gnanduillet
  • edited January 2020
    Bryan ticks the England / international youth cap pedigree box which Gallen tends to favour in some of our previous signings, 
  • PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    Blades mate said Bryan is by far their worst player and i quote "we've got Leon Clarke".
     He's 23 and played twice FFS!

How olds your mate? 12
    Very odd thing to say, not sure what relevance his age is.

Anyway, my friend Hal is a footballing genius, if he said Bryan is their worst player then I believe him.
    Besides there is a reason he's not near the first team, but for the life of me, I cannot think what that reason would be.

When all is said and done, Leicester fans were not keen on Yann, just as Wednesday fans were not keen on Morrison and we all know what happened next...
    What footballing genius makes an assumption on a player after seeing him play twice?

A non footballing genius. That's who