Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• edited January 2020
    Sage said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Sun reporting that Connor is set to be recalled and go to Norwich 
    Can keep reporting what they like, same as Daily Mail who keep reporting nonsense. Conor is staying here.
    Its frustrating when they both keep sprouting the same old nonsense!!!
    Stop reading them.
  • Sage said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Sun reporting that Connor is set to be recalled and go to Norwich 
    Can keep reporting what they like, same as Daily Mail who keep reporting nonsense. Conor is staying here.
    Its frustrating when they both keep sprouting the same old nonsense!!!
    Bloody Belgian influence is still strong, I see!!  😠
  • Posh have forked out a million this evening on a Barnet midfielder....
  • cafc_se7 said:
    Posh have forked out a million this evening on a Barnet midfielder....
    They have money coming to them.....
  • cafc_se7 said:
    Must be Maddison release clause being met surely.  He’s quality, very similar to Jonniesta.
  • cafc_se7 said:
    Must be Maddison release clause being met surely.  He’s quality, very similar to Jonniesta.
    How much is his release cause worth?
  • edited January 2020
    The Posh chairman has said buying that Barnet player has nothing to do with Maddison, also I think he was bought for 6 figures with add ons, not sure how much.

Worth nothing though that he has already accepted Maddison is gone one way or another so they would definitely accept his buyout I would say, he thinks money that bloke.

With Maddison and the buyout it's a dodgy one, paying over 2 mill for a l1 player is a lot and probably not worth it if it doesn't pay off, but you do eliminate the other teams who will be in for him looking to take a punt so to speak when he's a free in the summer. I think with how consistent he has been the past 4 or so seasons and the interest he will gain it is worth the fee. 

Edit: been reminded that obviously a buyout clause means a buyout clause. Numpty
  • cafc_se7 said:
    £500k rising to a £1m. Posh do have an excellent record at buying up and coming talent, then selling it at a profit

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/posh/peterborough-united-splash-out-500k-on-a-barnet-midfielder-and-the-fee-could-rise-to-a-cool-million-1-9192884
  • cafc_se7 said:
    How much is his release cause worth?
    2.5 and 2.6m are the figures I’ve seen, all the noise coming from Hull as replacement for Bowen when he inevitably goes.
  • edited January 2020
    Just a few comments on IG about Gnanduillet. Seems very similar to our base with Taylor, most know his importance, some think good riddance.

• Sponsored links:

• The Posh chairman has said buying that Barnet player has nothing to do with Maddison, also I think he was bought for 6 figures with add ons, not sure how much.

Worth nothing though that he has already accepted Maddison is gone one way or another so they would definitely accept his buyout I would say, he thinks money that bloke.

With Maddison and the buyout it's a dodgy one, paying over 2 mill for a l1 player is a lot and probably not worth it if it doesn't pay off, but you do eliminate the other teams who will be in for him looking to take a punt so to speak when he's a free in the summer. I think with how consistent he has been the past 4 or so seasons and the interest he will gain it is worth the fee. 
    They don’t have a choice...
  • edited January 2020
    The Posh chairman has said buying that Barnet player has nothing to do with Maddison, also I think he was bought for 6 figures with add ons, not sure how much.

They don’t have a choice...
    Sorry bit of a brain fart there, with the amount I hammer fm and career mode I obviously know that haha. Guess I meant they may even listen to lower offers than his release, Dmac doesn't strike me as the type to lose money on a player if no other clubs are willing to stump up 

• edited January 2020
  • RedChaser said:
    We have enough defenders but not enough quality IMO. Pearce is a good leader by example and always gives his all but unfortunately a penalty waiting to happen. And the QPR lad tore him a new one when setting up their second when he was trying to grapple instead of tackle. Nabby has his pros and cons but those cons can be very costly and have been.

Yes defending starts from the front and some people are saying it'll all be ok when we get an experienced midfield back. Maybe, however what I do know is that we need to start keeping clean sheets asap and I say again signing an experienced CB at this level will be key to this if we are to start climbing the table.

Don't concede and not only do you not lose but you stand a better chance of winning 😉.
    I agree, but Keen Bryan isn't the answer to that issue...
  • RedChaser said:
    We have enough defenders but not enough quality IMO. Pearce is a good leader by example and always gives his all but unfortunately a penalty waiting to happen. And the QPR lad tore him a new one when setting up their second when he was trying to grapple instead of tackle. Nabby has his pros and cons but those cons can be very costly and have been.

Yes defending starts from the front and some people are saying it'll all be ok when we get an experienced midfield back. Maybe, however what I do know is that we need to start keeping clean sheets asap and I say again signing an experienced CB at this level will be key to this if we are to start climbing the table.

Don't concede and not only do you not lose but you stand a better chance of winning 😉.
    I don’t agree. The defense was OK before the injuries in midfield and we have cover.
    We do not have any experienced strikers at the moment and none due back any day soon. You must score to win a game. If there are only two more to come in then a striker and a defensive midfield is what I think we need.
  • edited January 2020
    RedChaser said:

I agree, but Keen Bryan isn't the answer to that issue...
    Granted he's certainly not an experienced CB albeit a 6'1" England youth international. Rumoured I know but we haven't signed him yet. Even so, he can play in midfield so a bit of a utility man to cover several positions rather than an out and out CB which would be my preference but in the management team we trust.
  • edited January 2020
    Redrobo said:
    RedChaser said:

I don’t agree. The defense was OK before the injuries in midfield and we have cover.
    We do not have any experienced strikers at the moment and none due back any day soon. You must score to win a game. If there are only two more to come in then a striker and a defensive midfield is what I think we need.
    At the moment we have to score 3 on average to win a game! I'd rather win 1-0 so we'll have to beg to differ. Bryan can play DM btw which still leaves room for a striker as I see Green as a replacement for Leko.
  • 'Preston North End have signed Celtic winger Scott Sinclair.'  Would be 'amusing' if Lyle replaced him at Celtic.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2020
    Swisdom said:
    Just my view but Marcus Maddison is something different to anything we’ve got at the club. Anything we’ve had for years actually. He has the talent to be like Andy Reid for us - genuinely unique player That can unlock the door. . His stats are absolutely outstanding for the last 4 seasons and, if the money is available he would be an awesome signing.

wiuld work well with poachers who can feed off his clever distribution and fantastic crossing ability. 
    Now, a crosser of the ball at the valley would be a thing of beauty to watch.

Cause to be frank

We're fckin shit at it
  • I think Doughty has a decent cross on him and cannot understand why Gallagher takes our corners ahead of him.
  • I think Doughty has a decent cross on him and cannot understand why Gallagher takes our corners ahead of him.
    In all honesty we shouldnt be relying on a 19/20 to be our good crosser of a ball. TBH haven't seen him put too many in so cant comment and Ive watched all his first team appearances.

Weve got players with much more experience fail to beat the first man or manage to  put it out for a throw whenever they attempt a cross
  • Wednesday interested in Taylor what about swap deal for Jordan Rhoades
    Past his sell by date now plus I am sure he is on a big wedge.
    Rather have Steven Fletcher
    Rather have Taylor.
  • RedChaser said:
    mendonca said:
    What's a nugget!?!?!
    One of these which I play for every Sunday morning 😉

Draughts or Chess?
  • cafc_se7 said:
    More fools them.
  • Big Nabs is following Gnanduillet on Instagram...

• a few rumours about 5 pages ago which has resulted in the usual childish bickering and pissing competitions. #Only on Charlton life