Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• There is concern with this. 

Bowyer clearly rates him, wanted him in the summer and wants him now. 500k odd isn't a bad figure for a striker who has scored 15 goals this season and for who the manager wants. But we are moving onto other targets? Something doesn't seem right with that one. 
  • cafc-west said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    I reckon one announced today 
    Blackpool Striker Today, Barnsley signing middle of next week. 

Maybe loan CB/LB and that will be it imo 
    Think if Taylor goes we will get another striker 
    Not sure. The Blackpool guy, Bonne, Hemed, Aneke and Green might be enough. 

At the minute, if we sign Gnanduillet, he'd be our only fit senior striker...
    Davison and Green. 
    Can you seriously say that Davison is a senior member of the team? He's been shoehorned in because of injuries

Green is NOT a striker, as everybody keeps saying, he's a winger
    Yes - Davison is definitely a striker and he is fit and IMO has improved with each game he has played.  Bit raw - but getting there and shows real desire.

If we had a full strength team, I doubt many people would have even heard of Davison, never alone call him a senior member of the team
  • Going well so far.
    Yes, can't wait for the 'just couldn't get them over the line' that we hear every window
  • The same news outlet said yesterday or the day before that a offer hadn’t even been received there side. So what deal has fallen through? I can honestly say I’m not bothered about the player think we could get better.
  • We need bodies through the door, this is worrying.
  • Fuck being held to ransom over a mediocre player from Blackpool.
    I don’t profess to know that much about the player, but from what I have seen mediocre is a good choice of word for him. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    'Preston North End have signed Celtic winger Scott Sinclair.'  Would be 'amusing' if Lyle replaced him at Celtic.
    Could be a whoosh for me but....why would that be ‘amusing’? 
    Only because people are talking about him linking up with Aribo at Rangers, and they're such massive rivals.

You often see clubs unloading striker(s) when they're about to sign, or are looking for, a new one.
  • Could also be us saying here’s £300k take it or leave it and the bloke walks for free in the summer 
  • Chunes said:
    Oh but I thought we had loads of money and Matt's statement was just a smokescreen for the spendathon that was about to occur.....................
    Just because there is (possibly) money to be spent doesn't mean paying whatever the other team wants. If they want more than we think a player is worth then we won't be held hostage.

You want our money? Okay but so do other targets so better be ready to actually negotiate.
  • It does make me laugh “Charlton can’t match Blackpool’s asking price” More like won’t match Blackpool’s asking price.
    Either way I’m quite pleased it looks like the deal is off. 
    Yeah I hope thats just a case of us telling them to fuck off because they want more money than what the player is worth
    I heard that they now want more than the fee that was agreed in the summer, even though there is less to run on his contract. 
  • thenewbie said:
    Chunes said:
    Oh but I thought we had loads of money and Matt's statement was just a smokescreen for the spendathon that was about to occur.....................
    Just because there is (possibly) money to be spent doesn't mean paying whatever the other team wants. If they want more than we think a player is worth then we won't be held hostage.

You want our money? Okay but so do other targets so better be ready to actually negotiate.
    If we had the kind of money people seem to think, I can't imagine blinking an eye at a few hundred thousand over an asking price. Alas, we do not, and what Southall said in his interview was the truth.
  • Brinkmanship by both parties perhaps. Blackpool trying it on knowing our striker situation and Charlton pushing back with we’ll move on to other targets. Wouldn’t say the deal is dead in the water yet. 
  • MS alluded to the fact that clubs we're sticking extra zeros onto transfer fees now that the takeover was complete. Suspect Blackpool have done the same. We have a valuation, Blackpool don't agree with it so we "move on". Blackpool don't get any other interest, don't want him leaving for free in the summer so come back in a week's time......
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc_se7 said:
     McGeehan is the one we missed out on I reckon.
    This
  • Scoham said:
    he's shit anyway
    *unless he does sign, in which case he’s class, a beast and Bowyer will improve him

If he does sign, i never doubted him or Lee Bowyer's eye for transfers
  • Rossman92 said:
    Did Gnanduillet score for Blackpool at their place last year? I think I remember spending most of the match trying to figure out how pronounce his surname 
    pronounced: ny-ond-wee-ay
    Rossman92 said:
    Did Gnanduillet score for Blackpool at their place last year? I think I remember spending most of the match trying to figure out how pronounce his surname 
    Assuming it's French-ish, I'd say Non-dwee-ay or perhaps Nyon-dwee-ay but it could be completely different.  You only have to look at the Labuschagne brothers to see the way pronunciations get screwed with.  The rugby one gets it pronounced correctly, the cricket one has been messed with so much even he's given up correcting people.

I'd say that's agreed then.
  • EXCLUSIVE by Alan Nixon: Sheffield United are ready to let centre half Kean Bryan go to Lee Bowyer’s Charlton in a bargain deal.

The Blades cleared versatile Bryan for his exit and he is heading to London to finalise the move to The Valley.

Bryan has only had limited appearances since his move from Manchester City but hopes to feature in the Championship for the Valiants

Going from us to Port Vale when they get promoted?
  • EXCLUSIVE by Alan Nixon: Sheffield United are ready to let centre half Kean Bryan go to Lee Bowyer’s Charlton in a bargain deal.

The Blades cleared versatile Bryan for his exit and he is heading to London to finalise the move to The Valley.

Bryan has only had limited appearances since his move from Manchester City but hopes to feature in the Championship for the Valiants

His name is back to front, it's a no from me  :)
    Neak Nayrb?
    Used to play for Notlob.
  • Jamie19 said:
    Bryan would be good. Didn't work out at sheff utd but they had high hopes for him.
    Only 23. Former Man city Academy
    Shef Utd fans really don’t rate him at all, got a fit mrs from Corrie that’s about it apparently.
    Audrey Roberts isn’t that fit.
    Fitter than nearly all our midfield!
  • Another one potentially coming back home then
  • Interesting that we are being linked with a CB, seeing that is the one place where we don't have injury concerns
    Pearce cant play 2 games in a row, we need another desperate
    I think we're well stocked with desperates, it's the cool, calm and collecteds we're short of.