Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Just heard a link to Scott Hogan at Stoke - any thoughts ? 
  • Dijksteel?! 😂
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    bobmunro said:
    Melrose said:
    scruffle said:
    We're just going to get a few bodies in to sure up the ship and hopefully get us safe, just, this season. I still think ppl will be disappointed even in the summer though. Early indications we'll still be shopping for out of contract / free transfers. Hopefully a step above our previous frees but free transfers none the less. 

why then have ESI spent a bund,e on the club, if that's the casse?
    You don't build a squad to challenge for promotion in the January window - it is to plug gaps. There are no nuggets available in January.

We will not be promoted this season but we could go down - priority one is survival.

We survive and then the test will come in the summer to answer the questions about how serious the new owners are to maximise their investment. You do not spend £30-40-50 whatever million to buy a club and commit £15 million to getting a Cat 1 academy just to tread water in the Championship.
    Good post and I agree 100%. The concern on face value is what plug Kean gaps? We are not lacking a half decent defender, we are lacking midfield numbers and a quality CB. But he could surprise us again, hopefully he comes eager to get his career back on track. 
     Lose Lockyer or Pearce and we are in serious trouble. Not beyond the realms of possibility considering the amount of games they've played and our luck.

I'd say a CB is as much a priority as anywhere else
    You can argue about whether they are good enough at this level, but we are well covered in that position, with Sarr and Oshilaja, and Pratley who can also play there. I'm not sure any teams needs more than 4 (+ Pratley) CBs unless they are intending to play 3 at the back all the time.

Kean sounds like a promising footballer, I could see him at LB or in midfield, I'm not sure I would have someone so inexperienced against Mitrovic, Fletcher or Matt Smith though, none of those Oldham fans mentioned aerial ability for example.
    When we face players like that Pearce can still do a job.  If he can have a "wrestling match" he is quite good.  His best ever game for us was probably Fulham away this season.  
    He was fantastic against Mitrovic. They both loved the physical battle.

Would be a cracking signing, proven at this level. Not sure what he has done since going to stoke though but a great signing imo
    Where did you hear this?  Not even twitter, the ministry of bullshit, mentions us and him?
  • You lot love a moan, remember in the summer all that panic...we signed several players last minute and most weren't rumoured. While the window is open there is a lot of shite posted here and everywhere without substance. Just wait and see what happens, I am sure things are happening behind the scenes and in most cases they wont want to show their hand.. whether this be marquee signings or a few people through the door to do the job.

I genuinely open this thread for actual rumours/ hear'say, in most cases its just bickering from the same people and negative stuff. I know I should just breathe /ignore but I felt the need to say.

Last minute wont help us over the next 10 days. We currently dont have a fit striker that has scored a league goal in their careers. Hemed is the only recognised senior striker and he's been out injured for months & only played 15 mins last week. 

We are up shit creek.
  • a few rumours about 5 pages ago which has resulted in the usual childish bickering and pissing competitions. #Only on Charlton life
    I'm guessing you don't use any other websites?
    well he can't #tag properly. 

#onlyoncharltonlife

• Sponsored links:

Where did you hear this?  Not even twitter, the ministry of bullshit, mentions us and him?
    I have a close friend who works within the physio dept at the club and they get advised who is needed for a medical asap !
  • edited January 2020
    Just heard a link to Scott Hogan at Stoke - any thoughts ? 
    I have a close friend who works within the physio dept at the club and they get advised who is needed for a medical asap !
    So he’s having a medical then?  So it’s not a link it’s a done deal??
  • I get the feeling this mob have less money than RD......or even the Aussies. Not a great start to piss off your main striker, manager & now the fans by inaction & misdirection. 
    It's not how much they have but how much they're willing to spend.
    No hes not having a medical and its not a done deal at all. - just got a message to say hes been told to have a medical available this evening and that's the name that's being banded around. 
    Nothing more than that !! Calm down 
    @bobmunrohas blocked the deal ; - )
  • I get the feeling this mob have less money than RD......or even the Aussies. Not a great start to piss off your main striker, manager & now the fans by inaction & misdirection. 
    It’s been a week, nobody mentioned is pissed off apart from you. Get a grip 
    Golfie has a point.  Very early days but so far this is no improvement on Roland and potentially worse. 
    Worse? How so?
  • Fuck being held to ransom over a mediocre player from Blackpool.
    Exactly this, If Bow and Gallen think there are better than Gnanduillet for £500k, let's go get em.
  • Sponsored links:

Is that the same guy who advises Colin?
  • EXCLUSIVE by Alan Nixon: Sheffield United are ready to let centre half Kean Bryan go to Lee Bowyer’s Charlton in a bargain deal.

The Blades cleared versatile Bryan for his exit and he is heading to London to finalise the move to The Valley.

Bryan has only had limited appearances since his move from Manchester City but hopes to feature in the Championship for the Valiants

Going from us to Port Vale when they get promoted?
    From the Valiants to the Valiants?
    No hes not having a medical and its not a done deal at all. - just got a message to say hes been told to have a medical available this evening and that's the name that's being banded around. 
    Nothing more than that !! Calm down 
    I’m perfectly calm, not sure how or where you got that I wasn’t from behind a phone/keyboard, I just asked you some questions because you came across as ITK.
  • edited January 2020
    I get the feeling this mob have less money than RD......or even the Aussies. Not a great start to piss off your main striker, manager & now the fans by inaction & misdirection. 
    Golfie has a point.  Very early days but so far this is no improvement on Roland and potentially worse. 
    I guess some people are destined to be forever miserable. They’ve owned the club for SEVEN DAYS. Bowyer is happy, Gallen is happy, (most) fans are happy. Just enjoy the ride, they’ve done nothing wrong yet, stop waiting for them to slip up.
    Yea but within the first nine days we'd signed Ajdarevic and Thuram on loan!! - Clock is ticking Mr Southall!!
    Medical is usually last action before completion isn't it?
    I guess some people are destined to be forever miserable. They’ve owned the club for SEVEN DAYS. Bowyer is happy, Gallen is happy, (most) fans are happy. Just enjoy the ride, they’ve done nothing wrong yet, stop waiting for them to slip up.
    The clue is in his username 😉.