Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• john3 said:
    News just in, we're going to sign Michael Caine, Sylvester Stallone and Pele to escape to victory from relegation.
    Come on, the only bloke from that film we would sign is Kevin O’Callaghan (for those of you who haven’t seen the film, he was ruled out of the game with a Broken Arm).
    A f'ing spanner!!  That's a no from me 
  • Glosfan said:
    Was the deadline to play on Saturday at 12 today or 12 tomorrow?
    Tomorrow.
  • Glosfan said:
    Was the deadline to play on Saturday at 12 today or 12 tomorrow?
    Midday the day before the game, so tomorrow to be available Saturday
  • Shame Huddersfield got Emile Smith-Rowe, feel like he would've been good for us.
    In what way? What type of player is he, where does he play, strengths and weaknesses, what first team experience does he have?
  • edited January 2020
    iaitch said:
    Shame Huddersfield got Emile Smith-Rowe, feel like he would've been good for us.
    In what way? What type of player is he, where does he play, strengths and weaknesses, what first team experience does he have?

Doesn't make a difference now, but he is a winger, young, good with the ball at his feet and knows where the goal is. Used in the Europa a lot, I agree would have been a great signing... although we don't notoriously play wingers and he isn't a wing back (full back with a 3 man defence). Ironically enough I signed him on my fifa game for Charlton and play in a front 3 :D

PS- I think he fails the height test

• It does make me laugh “Charlton can’t match Blackpool’s asking price” More like won’t match Blackpool’s asking price.
    Either way I’m quite pleased it looks like the deal is off. It also underlined that Southall and co won’t be held to ransom, just because other clubs (and Taylor) assume that Middle Eastern money gives them the right to be greedy. 
    Hopefully Blackpool will lose him for nothing in the summer - that will serve them right. 
    I bet the player ain't happy.
  • Did none of you follow today’s press conference? We are going to make some marquee signings?

Definition- A marquee player is an athlete who is considered exceptionally popular, skilled, or otherwise outstanding, especially in professional sports. ... The federation defines "marquee players" as foreign players who have represented their country in one of several international championships.
  • Sponsored links:

• Did none of you follow today’s press conference? We are going to make some marquee signings?

Definition- A marquee player is an athlete who is considered exceptionally popular, skilled, or otherwise outstanding, especially in professional sports. ... The federation defines "marquee players" as foreign players who have represented their country in one of several international championships.
    We'll see. A lot of mixed messages. Marquee signings but not spending millions? I'm happy either way to be honest.
  • Lile Taylor's strike partner at Wimbledon has just been released from our friends up the road,won't cost a lot and scored more goals than Lyle at Wimbledon 
  • doronron said:
    Lile Taylor's strike partner at Wimbledon has just been released from our friends up the road,won't cost a lot and scored more goals than Lyle at Wimbledon 
     No way not Lile?
  • Melrose said:
    If the rumours about Mowatt are true, could he be the one who would want an assurance that Bowyer was still gonna be there (Charlton)? Reckon the only reason he would consider Charlton is because of Leeds link/Bowyer nidfielder etc. Could all be total nonsense of course
    Good point. I do honestly think we are in for Mowett.
  • I'm looking forward to coming on here after we lose big to West Brom on Saturday and not seeing all the panic about lack of signings etc, and of course if we want to survive we need to be beating minnows like the Baggies.

No one will mention we've gone backwards since the FA cup game either I am sure.
  • edited January 2020
    doronron said:
    Lile Taylor's strike partner at Wimbledon has just been released from our friends up the road,won't cost a lot and scored more goals than Lyle at Wimbledon 
    Tom Elliott? Taylor scored a lot more goals for Wimbledon than he did. 
  • Chunes said:
    Did none of you follow today’s press conference? We are going to make some marquee signings?

We'll see. A lot of mixed messages. Marquee signings but not spending millions? I'm happy either way to be honest.
    By definition a “marquee signing” suggests that the player would cost us in a excess of a million though. 
  • Terminology for attackers is a bit confusing now most teams don't play pure 442.

Indeed Fantasy Football shows this as Sterling, Salah, Mane, Richarlison and Son are all classified as midfielders, despite being attacking players who score lots of goals.

Yeah fair point. But you have to look at the way them teams play, all with one CF/STR and formations such as 4231 or 433. We have only played like that on a few occasions with Bowyer. 

Given this, it's hard to see Green playing anywhere other than as a striker. 
    Given that Green himself said he was a winger and has not played as a striker before, it seems a bit daft to play him as an out & out striker. More round pegs in square holes I presume.
    Davison needs a partner and we haven't played with width often.
  • Sponsored links:

• Who's Width :smile:
  • Gary Madine available on a free... anyone want him?
  • msomerton said:
    I would like for once, that Charlton had an Abramovic type owner who can throw money around for players and not miss it. But no we get owners who have to worry about a few hundred thousand pounds here or there.
    Then potentially end up like how QPR ended up a few years back when they got relegated from the Premier League?
  • doronron said:
    Lile Taylor strike partner at Wimbledon has just been released from our friends up the road,won't cost a lot and scored more goals than Lyle at Wimbledon 
    We need footballers not rappers.
    Absolutely one of the worst players I've seen
    How much did they pay for him 2 years ago? 
    Does he like doing the ironing? I'll have him if so. 
    If it were 2012, and we were in league one, I’d say yeah sounds alright. 
  • doronron said:
    Tom Elliott? Taylor scored a lot more goals for Wimbledon than he did. 
    And signed for Salford