Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• As I see it:-

Initial meeting with Matt and Bows, they agree that new signings are most important, and his contract can wait until after window.
    Tuesday Matt's interview, he relates this to Olly
    Wednesday Bows speaks to a target who asks about the longevity of our manager
    Wed/Thurs Bows speaks to agent, you are meeting Matt this week, we may need to bring forward contract talks.
    Thursday Bows press conference, he mentions talks may be earlier than stated earlier.

Don't panic. No demands were issued, no threats were made.

That is how I see it as well, hopefully it is correct and we make good signings including a new contract for Lyle. I cant believe all the negativity on here already, lets wait and see. Personally I still believe that we will be in a much better place in a few weeks time.

• RedChaser said:
    Greenie said:
    Some of the negative posts on here about the new owners are just embarrassing.
    WTF is wrong with peoples noggins.
    I suppose it's like a dog who had been mistreated for five years doesn't trust humans anymore 😲. 

And the modern need of instant gratification and a sense of entitlement.
  • I get the feeling this mob have less money than RD......or even the Aussies. Not a great start to piss off your main striker, manager & now the fans by inaction & misdirection. 
    It’s been a week, nobody mentioned is pissed off apart from you. Get a grip 
    Golfie has a point.  Very early days but so far this is no improvement on Roland and potentially worse. 
    Worse? How so?
    In his latter days at least the old scrote let LB and his team get on with it and didn't make nauseating videos. 
  • Shame Huddersfield got Emile Smith-Rowe, feel like he would've been good for us.
  • Sponsored links:

• When was the last time we signed an experienced player from the 1st team of a club in the same divison as us, for a fee?

There are probably loads I have forgotten but I can only think of a couple in Powell's team Wiggins and BWP.  Before that it may have been Eddie Youds!

Even in the premier league we mainly bought players from the football league, abroad or players unwanted by bigger clubs.  I don't expect that to change any time soon. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    When was the last time we signed an experienced player from the 1st team of a club in the same divison as us, for a fee?

There are probably loads I have forgotten but I can only think of a couple in Powell's team Wiggins and BWP.  Before that it may have been Eddie Youds!

Even in the premier league we mainly bought players from the football league, abroad or players unwanted by bigger clubs.  I don't expect that to change any time soon. 
    Nicky Ajose. That worked out well...
  • Redrobo said:
    Were buying a tent?
    Were? Don't tell me we've been gazumped! The doomsters and gloomsters are right they haven't got the funds 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• We were rich once we had Portacabins now it's tents ,couple of months it will be black bags
  • Bowyer mentioned there will be marquee signings.

"The players we’re trying to get in now... there will be marquee signings, players we feel can strengthen the team."
    Think Southall said that not Bowyer
  • Bowyer mentioned there will be marquee signings.

"The players we’re trying to get in now... there will be marquee signings, players we feel can strengthen the team."
    Think Southall said that not Bowyer
    Yep, sorry, you're correct it was MS.
  • News just in, we're going to sign Michael Caine, Sylvester Stallone and Pele to escape to victory from relegation.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    When was the last time we signed an experienced player from the 1st team of a club in the same divison as us, for a fee?

Nicky Ajose. That worked out well...
    How could I forget him!! 
  • 3 players they have attempted to buy in the last week, also Boywer wanted a player yesterday who the Chairman will go and get. Doesn't sound like standing still here. In Bowyer/Gallen/Southall we trust!
    Wonder if its yesterdays player that forced them into action with the contract - Not even signed yet and they're already a potential club legend
  • john3 said:
    News just in, we're going to sign Michael Caine, Sylvester Stallone and Pele to escape to victory from relegation.
    Come on, the only bloke from that film we would sign is Kevin O’Callaghan (for those of you who haven’t seen the film, he was ruled out of the game with a Broken Arm).
  • Was the deadline to play on Saturday at 12 today or 12 tomorrow?