Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England cricket winter tour

Comments

• England should be able to bat out comfortably for a draw. Indeed an ideal chance to get some "easy" runs
  • 394/6 all a bit dull.
    NZ lead by 41.
  • The best song was just sung.
  • This game needs wickets asap tbh
  • It needs something. New ball in 7 overs? 
  • What a magnificent setting. For one of the dullest Test matches you can watch between 10pm and midnight four nights in a row. 
  • edited November 2019
    Even the crowd there are bored after that rendition of Pianoman.
  • This setting with a good Test pitch would be wonderful and I 100% endorse it
  • Turned it off in the hope that me not watching might make something happen.
  • Turned it off in the hope that me not watching might make something happen.
    Good thinking. It didn’t work 
  • Sponsored links:

• Welcome to the ‘sky sports main event’ viewers, if this is main event, there must be some shite on the other channels. 
  • The pitch is doing nothing - Archer’s banging it into the pitch and getting nothing. Leach isn’t getting any turn. Expecting this to barely reach a fourth innings.
    I'm sure England will find a way to have a batting collapse 2nd innings. I still expect NZ to be chasing down something after tea on day 5.
  • Has Denly bowled yet? Get him on. Santner has a 50!
  • Just looked at the screen for a second and James Franklin was listening to Rob Key going on and he looked SO pissed-off! I wonder why.
  • Leuth said:
    Has Denly bowled yet? Get him on. Santner has a 50!
    Are they worried about his ankle? Seems weird otherwise to not give him a go after 171 overs!
  • This partnership is now 67 overs old...
  • What will happen first. Wicket, drinks, Santner 100 or Watling 200? 

• drinks then. 
  • Santner brings up a hundred with 0 runs behind square on off!! Guess he's not been particularly streaky then...
  • 74 overs between our opener bowlers with no wicket. Even with the unhelpful conditions, that’s very poor from Broad and Archer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Santner gone for 126. Curran gets the wicket.

577-7, lead by 224...
  • edited November 2019
    Fifth longest stand (by balls faced) for any New Zealand wicket, ever.
  • 200 up for Watling 
  • edited November 2019
    So NZ declare on 615-9 with Watling making 205 - that drop by Stokes from what was a relatively regimental catch when Watling was on 27 has rather cost us. Santner helped himself to 126 which was not only his first Test hundred but also his highest ever score in any form of professional cricket.

We also had the distinction of returning the equal most wides in a Test innings (21) and the number of byes that Buttler "let" through (22) rather indicates that it is only the generosity of the Umpires that prevented us from setting a new world record. Still 54 extras isn't something to be too proud of albeit that we were some way short of the record of 76 achieved by Pakistan against India in 2007 - and there wasn't a single wide recorded (35 byes, 26 leg byes and 15 no balls) in that innings.

Currently we are 48-1. Burns is 31* and Sibley has just got out to Santner who he struggled against all innings. The first dismissal from any NZ spinner in NZ in 102 wickets!

• Followed by an ordinary shot from Burns off Santner without adding to his score.

52-2 and Santner is looking ten times more threatening than Leach or Root did at any time. Given that Root bowled 18 overs himself why wasn't the ball ever thrown to Denly for something a bit different?

Nightwatchman Leach is in to join Denly.
  • Leach out, Santner again.
  • Leach out for a duck off the final ball of the day, again off Santner but we should have reviewed as he didn't hit it!

55-3 off 27.4 overs at close and still 207 runs behind

Denly 7* (16) 

Santner's figures are an impressive 8.4-4-6-3 and he even hit Leach on the helmet off one that got up off a length - tomorrow is going to be a long day for us! 
  • tomorrow is going to be a long day for us! 
    We hope so !! 
  • NZ on top. Our bowling has resembled a village green outfit at times.....Root's looked the most dangerous & that was with the old ball.

Expect to be in deficit on 1st innings by at least 50. 
    Ever the optimist me....