Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England cricket winter tour

191011121315»

Comments

• Options
    Really quite impressed by Popes innings and well played the skipper 
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    Really quite impressed by Popes innings and well played the skipper 
    Now pope is back in the team I expect him to stay there for years. 
    He is a quality batsman. 
  • Options
    Pope will be around for a long time.
  • Options
    Oh no what are you Kent players doing!!!

First Crawley does his best impression of a 6' 5'' Bambi on ice in misfielding the ball and then Denly drops Williamson off Archer that has to rank one of the worst drops in the history of Test cricket!
  • Options
    Oh no what are you Kent players doing!!!

First Crawley does his best impression of a 6' 5'' Bambi on ice in misfielding the ball and then Denly drops Williamson off Archer that has to rank one of the worst drops in the history of Test cricket!

Extraordinary.
    The worst drop I've seen in a professional game.
  • Options
    Without doubt the worst drop I've ever seen
  • Options
    It really isn't an excuse in any shape or form but I just wonder if he took his eye off the ball given that Archer was, as it turned out, prematurely celebrating the wicket.

Sky panning around the pitch to catch every England fielder trying not to be seen to be crestfallen or even snigger at Denly's misfortune doesn't help the poor bloke either.

• Options
    Oh dear, that's a shocker.

Indeed it's been a pretty grim Test for the Kent boys!
  • Options
    I'm afraid that is a cricketing Capital Offence and he has to go into the room with the rest of the cricketing sinners!

Pathetic
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The irony is that Denly's acrobatic catch to dismiss Paine was one of the best you will see. The difference is that he had no time to think about the one he took and all the time in the world for the drop. The double irony is that Archer was the bowler in both cases.
  • Options
    Denly is one of the best fielders in the game... what on earth has happened there!
  • Options
    Denly is one of the best fielders in the game... what on earth has happened there!
    He dropped it 🙂.
  • Options
    Nobody will ever beat this tbh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWtCUKwaTgU
  • Options
    I swear I came up with that^ from memory and haven't been watching the current day's play...but people are all over the comments saying Atherton was talking about it. Great minds etc
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Nobody will ever beat this tbh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWtCUKwaTgU
    Nah Gatting had three excuses that Denly didn't:

(1) He was looking into the sun
    (2) He didn't have so long to see the ball
    (2) He thought it was a flying burger and tried to swallow it
  • Options
    4 hundreds, a double hundred plus another 4 50s tells you all you need to know about this track.

So the toss was actually irrelevant!
  • Options
    Just seen Denly's drop - tbh, it was a tough catch for a Kent player.
  • Options
    I think denly's drop might just beat gatting's drop here

At least gatting's must've had a bit of backspin from coming off the bat, denly's was a feeble tap towards him - there's a reason why poor fielders tend to be put at mid on and mid off. 
  • Options
    4 hundreds, a double hundred plus another 4 50s tells you all you need to know about this track.

So the toss was actually irrelevant!
    New Zealand may have a great Test team, but pitches like that are killing Test cricket
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    England's tour of Sri Lanka is off
  • Options
    Bit of a shame for the likes of crawley and foakes who were looking to stake a claim in the side before the summer return of burns and the inevitable giving bairstow the gloves again when he scores a century for yorkshire in the first couple of county championship matches of the season.
  • Options
    Bit of a shame for the likes of crawley and foakes who were looking to stake a claim in the side before the summer return of burns and the inevitable giving bairstow the gloves again when he scores a century for yorkshire in the first couple of county championship matches of the season.
    Assuming there is much of a county season, seeing that it starts in a month or so. Not that the county championship attracts crowds large enough to create a health risk!
  • Options
    Don't assume the Test matches will be on this summer. For example, the Lords one starts 25 June - the middle of the Euros. If the Euros are called off - which by the sound of it sounds likely - surely the Test Matches will go as well?
  • Options
    we are all going to have to get used to any 'mass gatherings' of people being banned until this virus either abates or is brought under some kind of control .. realistically, the world is going to be a very different and perhaps a scarier place for the next few months at least (excuse the doom n gloom analysis)
  • Options
    Don't assume the Test matches will be on this summer. For example, the Lords one starts 25 June - the middle of the Euros. If the Euros are called off - which by the sound of it sounds likely - surely the Test Matches will go as well?
    Everything is up in the air at the moment, Test matches are a lower risk than Euro 2020 and a massively easier event to hold IF the epidemic is on the wane

June 4th is the Oval Test