Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England cricket winter tour

Comments

• Options
    See we have carried on from where we left off bowling in their last 1st innings. I can see now what Zac Crawley was doing.......cut out the middleman & just throw it to the boundary.
  • Options
    See we have carried on from where we left off bowling in their last 1st innings. I can see now what Zac Crawley was doing.......cut out the middleman & just throw it to the boundary.
    I think we're still edging it in terms of the most critical overthrows between the two sides this year
  • Options
    Love Williamson's technique - plays it as late as he possible can and right under his eyes
    As I say..............
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    In comes a man who won't flail a wide one to slip
    Took a slightly better one to get him
  • Options
    Well yeah I mean that ball screamed 'wicket'
  • Options
    Crawley's Dad, Terry, used to be a trader on the LIFFE floor back in the 90's - after changing career from being a carpet fitter. One year, as a "local", he paid himself over £8m. Zac's school fees at Tonbridge School wouldn't have been a problem!

The Kent age group coaches always believed that Zac would make it as a pro but probably didn't think he would make his international debut quite so early. 
    Zacs dad is a very good friend of mine. I have known him since school days.
    Not exactly a carpet fitter in his early days more of a office waller. 
    You are correct regarding what he earned though  he is absolutely minted. 
    Shame he's a spanner. 
    Good luck Zak. 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Seriously Umpires but how can that ball from Archer be byes???
  • Options
    End of the 1st session & Root brings himself on. A spinner. We fecking playing 5 seamers ffs !!  If you want a spinner then pick one...!
  • Options
    First view: this pitched outside leg
  • Options
    DRS is about as effective as VAR.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Right, so I'm better than Kumar Dharmasena, what are they paying these umpires? I guess he does love England ;)
  • Options
    The bovine grunt of a casual fan reacting to something that doesn't benefit England - DRS is one of the best things Test cricket has introduced in decades
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    The bovine grunt of a casual fan reacting to something that doesn't benefit England - DRS is one of the best things Test cricket has introduced in decades
    Agreed although it’s one of the easiest sports to make technology work. 
  • Options
    Really weird call on the Taylor review. Don’t buy he hit that.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Still think so...?  Ball clearly nowhere near the bat when there was a squiggle on snicko. Just like VAR the 3rd "official" believes technology rather than what his eyes show him. 

Bonkers.
  • Options
    lol there had to be a DRS controversy just after I said that
  • Options
    173-3 heavy rain stopped play

Latham 101*
    Taylor 53

Woakes 14-1-41-2
    Broad 14-5-33-1

Root caught all three at first slip

• Options
    Why are England wearing black armbands?
  • Options
    Why are England wearing black armbands?
    Chris Siverwood's father passed away the other day. He is on his way back to the UK for the funeral.
  • Options
    *father in law
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Latham with an error early on, in walks Watling...
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Latham with an error early on, in walks Watling...
    Bowled from around the wicket.....compared to yesterday where Broad bowled over the wicket & got nowhere.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Nicholls bounced out by Curran. Caught at fine leg by Broad. 191-5
  • Options
    Buttler a doubt for today after injuring his back in the gym. If he doesn't make it then Pope will keep wicket and presumably Zac Crawley will make his Test debut.

Two Kent players in the Test team - now that is a rarity let alone two batsmen!
    A bit unfortunate for Foakes and Bairstow that when Buttler gets injured, they're not there!
    Indeed it is - especially as I'm not actually sure when Pope last kept in a proper game for anyone. It is a discipline that isn't easy to perform at the highest level when you haven't done it regularly not least on the body because you utilise  muscles from squatting for example that aren't used on a day to day basis. 
    Pope would struggle to get in a top club side as a keeper - certainly not looking like someone who does it on a regular basis. But that isn't his fault, it's the selectors' issue because they could have picked Foakes as an extra member of the party or, having called up Bairstow as cover, asked him to stay another 10 days.
  • Options
    Ridiculous that Stokes is bowling.  He's clearly injured!
  • Options
    Denley bowling for England in a test match...

What odds on that last year with him playing in Division 2?
  • Options
    BR3red said:
    Denley bowling for England in a test match...

What odds on that last year with him playing in Division 2?
    Weird that he didn't bowl in the first Test seeing that he was called up as a spinning all rounder, yet has ended up as a modern Chris Tavare!

• Options
    Any idea why the crowd is so sparse?
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Because its dull as shit. No ranking points & the run rate is less than 3 per over.

Edit. Just seen NZ are 269 off 103 overs. Just over 2.5 runs per over. I'd rather watch paint dry.
  • Options
    Watling out for 55, c Burns b Broad.

315-6