Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall v Charlton | Sat 9 Nov | 3pm KO | Post-match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Sarr is a wanker end of
  • Options
    Nope, still can't sleep
  • Options
    We're Doomed..
    ... !'
  • Options
    Totally gutted by yesterday’s result. It real feels that the reality of the championship is catching up with us. Such fine margins between winning and losing.  We just don’t get the rub of the green against Millwall. 
  • Options
    Chin up, guys

We knew it would happen

Roll on the next
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Nope, still can't sleep
    An afternoons gentle exercise and you would be sleeping like a Naby  o:)
  • Options
    This is going to sound mad but I liked the look of Sarr. As an opposing fan he kept Wallace quiet for large portions of the game. Without him on your left Wallace would have torn you a new one.

As soon as Lapslie came on I turned to one of my mates and said 'We'll win this. Bowyer's going for a draw. Smith will come on and do something'. Now that something was, in my eyes at the time, a towering, blatant foul, header (I haven't seen it back so can't comfirm) that caused the cup final-esque, raucous scenes that you witnessed.

A special mention must go out to the reaction at winning a corner in the latter stages of the first half that was reminiscent of winning an actual cup final ;)

A draw would have been fair, had it not been for two world class saves from the Bart man (Phillips deserves credit for the amazing save from Thompson as well). Gallagher flattered to deceive. There's a player in there but doesn't seem as though he's got the combative side needed. If you could mould Thompson and Galllagher together then you'd have one hell of a player.

As you can see, not here to gloat, just to add a tuppenceworth from an opposing stand.
    I wonder why........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We were poor for the first 30 minutes and then were the better of two very average sides we desperately miss Taylor and Williams and although I am a fan of Nabby he has had two very poor games 

When we lost the ball for their corner at the end felt it was so inevitable they would score

Was there with my 11 year old grandson and the last time I saw us win there I took his Mum when she was younger than him it’s been too long

The international’s have come at the right time and we need to refresh and refocus and I feel we will be fine if and it always is a big if a takeover happens very confident for the future

COYR
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    FYI - just got out the stadium 
    And still beat the coach home. 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Pearce is a fucking liability. Thats 2 out of the 3 that are pony.
  • Options
    We need to learn from the game and move on.
  • Options
    Is Taylor playing for Montserrat in the International break ?!
  • Options
    edited November 2019

Sorry to hear those there were kept in so long again. Its the Police who decide is it not?

Sorry Just noticed there is a new thread on this

• Options
    Taking the disappointment out of it, we’re still in striking distance of the top sides. Just look at Luton and Barnsley to realise what sort of season we’re having. The international break arrives at the right time. Get Taylor back and work on a solid system with the 11 we’ll be going with for the next three games. And make play offs the target now. Set a goal. 

• Options
    Was at the game and found it funny that a few Millwall fans to the right of us in the away end spent more time looking at us than watching the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Taking the disappointment out of it, we’re still in striking distance of the top sides. Just look at Luton and Barnsley to realise what sort of season we’re having. The international break arrives at the right time. Get Taylor back and work on a solid system with the 11 we’ll be going with for the next three games. And make play offs the target now. Set a goal. 

There is a goal... Survival!!

Got to remember that promotion / play-offs wasnt even the fans aim at the start of the season its only become that because of our unrealistic start to the season

Bowyer has constantly repeated that fact and for me until we get enough points (around fifty) 21st should be the aim

I know you dont say it either but for people to say Bowyer's honeymoon period is over is ludicrious, the Management team have just gone through a tough run of games which started against Leeds and ended yesterday against Millwall - We've had endless injuries where we've not been able to pick our best team and like this stage last season we've struggled, the only difference is the fact that losing key players is going to be more difficult to handle against top Championship teams than it is to handle against ordinary League One teams!!

I know its frustrating that we lost to Millwall and its no surprise with some comments but we need some perspective!!

If come the end of the season we've dropped six points against Millwall yet stay up (whether its comfortably or not) then I'll be happy, dont give a toss about bragging rights

I do think we will stay up. Yes we are struggling at the moment as you rightly say but I think we will be OK. Luton and Barnsley looking like they will be down there so we realistically have to just do better than one other I reckon. Boro,Wigan,Blackburn,Reading,Millwall, just have to finish above one of them hopefully

• Options
    i think we'll do similar to what we did at the turn of the year

We'll get a lot of injuries back come the end of January and we'll see results pick up a bit more
  • Options
    He bloody better not be
  • Options
    Slept on it, still pissed off. That performance was nothing short of a disgrace. The audacity to come and out and pretend we weren't playing for a draw too has fucked me off even more.
  • Options
    There was a point after we scored our equaliser where I felt we were going to win  the game. Pratley was having a good game so not sure why he was subbed. I don't make a habit of criticising Bowyer but he has said post match that Oztumer was the only attacking option from the bench, but he didn't use him. 

I like Lapslie but he was not brought on to help open them up and they felt safer having a go after our subs which you should never let happen. 
  • Options
    Not long been up, surprised I slept ok considering the amount of drink I had last night and the head is not in bad shape at all.
    Still absolutely gutted about yesterday. A set piece like that in the last minute should of been dealt with so much better.
    Reading the comments though and must say credit is due to @Big_Bad_World and @MillwallFan for coming on here and not gloating on the Win. Quite gutted the international break is round the corner, just want Cardiff at Home to happen tomorrow, just to forget about yesterday. Just hope the return game at The Valley in April will be 100% better than yesterday's result at The Toolbox.
  • Options
    We need delays not games as we have key players out