Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall v Charlton | Sat 9 Nov | 3pm KO | Post-match Thread

Comments

• Options
    john3 said:
    Cant stand all this slating of one player because he had a bad game. 
      Need to grow up some of the people on here and get over it and move on .
      Theres a lot of games ahead , and we're struggling with injuries ,get behind the team whoever it is , if you're going to support the team then you have to support them through the good ,the bad and the ugly; games when players dont perform for what ever reason are frustrating but to start using foul language to describe what you think of them is totally disrespectful.

Cheers John 
  • Options
    On the other side of this, it is a good test of Bowyer. It is a minor crisis when your own issues have to be addressed. I always though Pardew was an excellent manager when things went his way but he always found it hard to turn the tide when they didn't. I have great faith in Bowyer but he needs to come out of this stronger and getting Taylor back is going to be a big help. But he also needs to make Naby better rather than discard him. Anyway, I have every confidence he can.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Taking the disappointment out of it, we’re still in striking distance of the top sides. Just look at Luton and Barnsley to realise what sort of season we’re having. The international break arrives at the right time. Get Taylor back and work on a solid system with the 11 we’ll be going with for the next three games. And make play offs the target now. Set a goal. 

There is a goal... Survival!!

Got to remember that promotion / play-offs wasnt even the fans aim at the start of the season its only become that because of our unrealistic start to the season

Bowyer has constantly repeated that fact and for me until we get enough points (around fifty) 21st should be the aim

I know you dont say it either but for people to say Bowyer's honeymoon period is over is ludicrious, the Management team have just gone through a tough run of games which started against Leeds and ended yesterday against Millwall - We've had endless injuries where we've not been able to pick our best team and like this stage last season we've struggled, the only difference is the fact that losing key players is going to be more difficult to handle against top Championship teams than it is to handle against ordinary League One teams!!

I know its frustrating that we lost to Millwall and its no surprise with some comments but we need some perspective!!

If come the end of the season we've dropped six points against Millwall yet stay up (whether its comfortably or not) then I'll be happy, dont give a toss about bragging rights
    Couldn't agree with you more mate.
    As much as it would of been great to win yesterday and ended that terrible run we have with our lovely neighbours, just gutted and annoyed how it ended.
    But Survival is our only goal this year but I still think we will get them 50 points by March at least and see how the rest of the season pans out, hopefully an unexpected win against Millwall in April at The Valley.
    In Lord Bowyer I still trust but was quite surprised about Lapsie coming on instead of Oztumer.

• Options
    To be fair to Lee its not the first time we've lost two games on the trot (Its happened six times)

We've yet to lose three games in a row with Lee - Expect a response against Cardiff
  • Options
    We are being beaten by one goal and drawing and there are two main reasons for this. Firstly, we don't great enough chances and where we our high conversion rate was getting us through, that has lowered recently. Then we have to get our old attitude back. When the team feels it has trouble scoring it becomes more negative and our success has not been achieved from being negative.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Not long been up, surprised I slept ok considering the amount of drink I had last night and the head is not in bad shape at all.
    Still absolutely gutted about yesterday. A set piece like that in the last minute should of been dealt with so much better.
    Reading the comments though and must say credit is due to @Big_Bad_World and @MillwallFan for coming on here and not gloating on the Win. Quite gutted the international break is round the corner, just want Cardiff at Home to happen tomorrow, just to forget about yesterday. Just hope the return game at The Valley in April will be 100% better than yesterday's result at The Toolbox.
    I'm not surprised at all that @Big_Bad_World or @MillwallFan are not gloating - they have both always come across as very decent guys.

On the international break comment - we need it badly and it couldn't have come at a better time.
    Reckon they're both closet Charlton fans, they're just as much part of the furniture on here as the rest of us!!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Not long been up, surprised I slept ok considering the amount of drink I had last night and the head is not in bad shape at all.
    Still absolutely gutted about yesterday. A set piece like that in the last minute should of been dealt with so much better.
    Reading the comments though and must say credit is due to @Big_Bad_World and @MillwallFan for coming on here and not gloating on the Win. Quite gutted the international break is round the corner, just want Cardiff at Home to happen tomorrow, just to forget about yesterday. Just hope the return game at The Valley in April will be 100% better than yesterday's result at The Toolbox.
    I'm not surprised at all that @Big_Bad_World or @MillwallFan are not gloating - they have both always come across as very decent guys.

On the international break comment - we need it badly and it couldn't have come at a better time.
    I did think that tbf about @Big_Bad_World and @MillwallFan 🖒
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

I like having opposing fans on here ... apart from that twat from Palaarse who occasionally turned up. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    bobmunro said:

I like having opposing fans on here ... apart from that twat from Palaarse who occasionally turned up. 
    Can't wait to meet him on here then 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We are being beaten by one goal and drawing and there are two main reasons for this. Firstly, we don't great enough chances and where we our high conversion rate was getting us through, that has lowered recently. Then we have to get our old attitude back. When the team feels it has trouble scoring it becomes more negative and our success has not been achieved from being negative.
    Trying to find positives, but at least when we are losing, it’s only by one goal. Plenty of other championship teams going down by 3 or 4 goals during games. We’re certainly making more mistakes than earlier in the season but keeping that result as low scoring.  

Believe that Bowyer has good enough man-management to turn the confidence around of those who need it, and get us back on track with a few 3 points in a row, keeping us out the relegation fight for now. 
  • Options
    To be honest, the result isn’t a shock - and there’s a lot of us on here who expected a loss yesterday - it’s all about how and when it happened. Don’t think I’d be sitting anywhere near as annoyed this morning if it was a 2-1 loss sorted by the 70th minute or so. But for lack of concentration and strength is a real kick in the behind, especially for a Bowyer side.
  • Options
    It’s just so depressingly familier. Of course to rub it in we are held back until sometime Sunday 
    Simple answer to this is to do the same to their fans at the Valley
  • Options
    A soul destroying defeat in the last minute. Absolutely miserable defending for both goals. When is Bow gonna realise that 3 centre halves just doesnt fucking work! I like Naby, but everything about his performance yesterday was dire. No surprise though, he was fucking awful last week too! Yes, we had a few chances and both keepers made some great saves, but we hot what we deserved for being so negative. I really thought this would be our year, but that was pathetic. Great support as always despite the crap on display though
  • Options
    Millwall attacking sub Smith ? 6'4''
    Our only possible attacking sub 5'4''.
    What was wrong with Davison? WTF!
  • Options
    Pearce cost us the game against Preston, Sarr yesterday, says something about our central defenders
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Pearce cost us the game against Preston, Sarr yesterday, says something about our central defenders
    Yeah they're on a run of bad form
  • Options
    Just seen the highlights and Sarr not attacking that ball in from the corner is why Smith scored. Sarr is becoming a liability not just for us but opposing players as well if you look at the result of his cynical foul on Johnson last
    week. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Millwall attacking sub Smith ? 6'4''
    Our only possible attacking sub 5'4''.
    What was wrong with Davison? WTF!
    I did wonder about Bowyers comment post game yesterday when he said about 1 attacking option. Davison has been on the bench for the last few games - it’s a bit pointless if he isn’t considered an option and just there to make up the numbers. 
  • Options
    1StevieG said:
    Just seen the highlights and Sarr not attacking that ball in from the corner is why Smith scored. Sarr is becoming a liability not just for us but opposing players as well if you look at the result of his cynical foul on Johnson last
    week. 
    Doesn't look as though he's even aware that there's a man behind him. 
  • Options
    Well, I kidded myself again that we had a chance, so along I went to see our first win there since I was a much younger man.  My apologies to @GuinnessAddick for dragging him along.

First 20 minutes we were shocking. Not in the game at all and the worst culprit was Leko, who looked totally uninterested. No effort at all, but did come alive - a little bit - after that. It was an o.g. From the “highlights” I’ve seen this morning.

Pratley was our man of the match and I wasn’t the only one who was shocked to see him taken off as our first sub.  

I actually thought Cullen made quite a few bad passes yesterday. Very unlike him, but he didn’t hide and kept trying. Gallagher, love him to bits but nothing really worked. Bonne really unlucky with a great strike that their keeper did superbly to keep out. 

I read the first 4 pages of this thread, so I won’t bother commenting further on Sarr.

One thing that really does wind me up though is Philips’ distribution. He’s a very good shot-stopper and made a couple of great saves yesterday, but his distribution is appalling. I am sure he’s told to do this by Bowyer, but stop playing short goalkicks when the opposition knows you are going to do and is pushing high.  Not just yesterday...every bloody week. I can’t believe he hasn’t been booked every game for the amount of time he holds the ball...and even with all that time, his distribution is still bloody awful and just isn’t improving.  

And the usual chaos after the game, with the gates opened when they apparently shouldn’t have. Then to have the tannoy pleading with everyone to go back to the stadium. Why do we put up with this?  

Final point...never seen so many short coppers! I was towering over most of them as they stood against the fences on the way back to the platform.
  • Options
    Disappointed by our first half display after all the build up by LB.
    We did enough for a point (same as at Bristol C), but the injury time winner was unforgivable.

The defending for the first goal was non league standard.
    The spanners are thought to be a relegation side this season - and they are a point behind us.

After a superb fan performance, the wind was taken out of or sails and we endured 30 mins of schoolboy ridicule waiting for the gates to open. I suspect our team is equally deflated, and so they should be - they let the fans down.

They have a chance to put the local rivalry right next April with a 4-0 thumping win, but we all know that the best we can hope for is a draw. I thought LB might be the man to break the hoodoo, but unless he is going to put his boots on again, I doubt it.

Sorry for the negativity, but we need a reality check - a poor team pinned us in our half for most of the first 45 mins and we couldn't defend a point in the closing mins for the second time in four games.
  • Options
    Really annoying result and patchy performance, but at the end of the day, we are missing so many important players for the way Bowyer wants to play. Taylor is essential in holding the ball up and Williams is our main route to taking players on (he is also brilliant at seeing out a game and winning fouls) with either of them there yesterday, we would have drawn that game easily, with both of them we would have won. Add to that Sam Field who is needed to give Pratley a rest and both the full-backs that you would want to play five at the back, it is frankly amazing that we have done as well as we have over the past month.

We are well away from trouble, and will hopefully start to get some players back after the break. Despite the result, I would still be far more worried to be a Millwall fan this morning, because at home, they were no better than a severely weakened CAFC team on Saturday.

The future is looking very rosy, we just need to get there.
  • Options
    This fixture is like when you've been out with your bird all night, she keeps telling you the absolute filth that you're gonna do later, and when you get in she immediately goes to bed
    Except  if your girlfriend's called Mortimer
  • Options
    Trying to find positives, but at least when we are losing, it’s only by one goal. Plenty of other championship teams going down by 3 or 4 goals during games. We’re certainly making more mistakes than earlier in the season but keeping that result as low scoring.  

Believe that Bowyer has good enough man-management to turn the confidence around of those who need it, and get us back on track with a few 3 points in a row, keeping us out the relegation fight for now. 
    Agreed 
  • Options
    Really annoying result and patchy performance, but at the end of the day, we are missing so many important players for the way Bowyer wants to play. Taylor is essential in holding the ball up and Williams is our main route to taking players on (he is also brilliant at seeing out a game and winning fouls) with either of them there yesterday, we would have drawn that game easily, with both of them we would have won. Add to that Sam Field who is needed to give Pratley a rest and both the full-backs that you would want to play five at the back, it is frankly amazing that we have done as well as we have over the past month.

We are well away from trouble, and will hopefully start to get some players back after the break. Despite the result, I would still be far more worried to be a Millwall fan this morning, because at home, they were no better than a severely weakened CAFC team on Saturday.

The future is looking very rosy, we just need to get there.
    Yup, just as I see it. 
  • Options
    Draw would have been a fair result . Pratley was an odd substitution as played well . Kayal kept passing to them or kicking the ball out . Feel a bit for Naby as he is a nice guy but not good enough for the Championship.  My new trainers smell of horse shit .