Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall v Charlton | Sat 9 Nov | 3pm KO | Post-match Thread

Comments

• Options
    I don’t go to any games at Millwall these days so had to watch highlights. My Millwall mate asked me yesterday why we didn’t go for it after drawing level. He seemed to think we would have won, but we dropped and went for the point. 
  • Options
    masicat said:
    I don’t go to any games at Millwall these days so had to watch highlights. My Millwall mate asked me yesterday why we didn’t go for it after drawing level. He seemed to think we would have won, but we dropped and went for the point. 
    Liked I mentioned earlier in the thread, the subs really killed our attacking threat. Pratley kept winning the ball in midfield and setting up good attacking positions and wen Bow took him off, that stopped.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    masicat said:
    I was wondering the same thing. That isn't to say we would have won or even that we wouldn't have lost, but that was the way to go and I think we thought, we haven't got the second so we'll settle for a draw then. Bringing on Lapslie instead of Oztumer would have re-enforced this view to the players. 

There was a pass Lapslie played backwards when a positive move was developing. I'm sure Oztumer would have played it forwards.
  • Options
    masicat said:
    I was wondering the same thing. That isn't to say we would have won or even that we wouldn't have lost, but that was the way to go and I think we thought, we haven't got the second so we'll settle for a draw then. Bringing on Lapslie instead of Oztumer would have re-enforced this view to the players. 

There was a pass Lapslie played backwards when a positive move was developing. I'm sure Oztumer would have played it forwards.
    Lapslie could have run forwards himself with the ball, I can only assume he was asked to keep things tight?
  • Options
    masicat said:

Lapslie could have run forwards himself with the ball, I can only assume he was asked to keep things tight?
    Bring a player like Lapslie on and Millwall will smell blood and that they know the can push on.

Not slagging him off but he is that player who goes back not forward. 

Bowyer knows his stuff and ALL managers sometimes get it wrong. 
  • Options
    It wasn't like there were many options for Bowyer to choose 
  • Options
    Oztumer? 

Why not Josh Davison? Cause of his age? You have to start somewhere and this fixture would have got him pumped.

Again, not knocking Bowyer BUT managers will get things wrong. 

I appreciate Sarr had a mare which Bowyer isnt responsible for. 
  • Options
    Oztumer? 

Why not Josh Davison? Cause of his age? You have to start somewhere and this fixture would have got him pumped.

Again, not knocking Bowyer BUT managers will get things wrong. 

I appreciate Sarr had a mare which Bowyer isnt responsible for. 
    All I'd say about Davison is that it could easily have been a repeat of Joe Pigott against the Spanners

And that was at the Valley!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:
    cabbles said:
    Doucher, if you’re gonna go off on one, can you do it using the quoting function properly please
    will do - im done now anyway - made my thoughts clear, good to get things off your chest - anybody that came out of that ground yesterday without the raving hump shouldn't bother going and if some millwall think its going to be okay to be in the first pub all charlton fans r going to go in after getting off the train and dont keep their mouths shut, then they deserve everything they get - goodnight
    Zzzzzz - go and bore another teams board, nobody wants to here anything you’ve got to say - better still get back on your own board  fu?king weirdo 

*hear. Just saying.

This is my board. I choose to be here. Don't like it? tough.

Feel free to forcibly remove me, though. No, thought not.

and how would i forcibly remove you from a message board? like i said - weirdo 
  • Options
    In the cold light of day, I think at times we were trying too hard if nything.
  • Options
    Subs all wrong. Darren was one of the best on the pitch. Lapslie for Leko sent the wrong message. Millwall’s subs were trying to win the game. 
  • Options
    masicat said:

This is the correct answer in my opinion, wasn't the only instance we got to the final 3rd of the pitch and decided to put ourselves under pressure by passing the ball back to our CHs and the back to Phillips and the we play to full backs who get under pressure and play a 50/50 ball that we never won one of all game.

They were under orders to not over commit I'm sure. 

A point would have been a good point after 15mins but not after 60mins when we should have walked away with all 3.

On the other hand though Bowyer did go for it by making 3 attacking subs against Swansea at home and allowed a pretty poor Swansea side (IMO) to walk away with all 3 undeserved points.

He's learning still. 

Staying up the aim and I'm confident we will still
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:
    cabbles said:
    Doucher, if you’re gonna go off on one, can you do it using the quoting function properly please
    will do - im done now anyway - made my thoughts clear, good to get things off your chest - anybody that came out of that ground yesterday without the raving hump shouldn't bother going and if some millwall think its going to be okay to be in the first pub all charlton fans r going to go in after getting off the train and dont keep their mouths shut, then they deserve everything they get - goodnight
    Zzzzzz - go and bore another teams board, nobody wants to here anything you’ve got to say - better still get back on your own board  fu?king weirdo 

*hear. Just saying.

Is all this banter entirely necessary? We lost. We were a bit unlucky and should have drawn the match probably. 
    No one died. 
  • Options
    Apparently, yesterday was their 3rd sell out of the season.
    QPR 16808
    Leeds 16311
    Charlton 17109

Not sure how a sell out figure changes, also in the last four seasons that they have played us, 3 of those were the biggest gates of the season, their cup final.
    Also with a capacity of just over 20k, that's 3k shy of capacity.

Now unless their lower tier in the away end holds 3k (which is impossible given the larger upper tier holds 2200), it appears they're just making numbers up. 

How can Leeds be a sell out when it's almost 4k down on capacity?
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    @Big_Bad_World you don't need to go anywhere mate or apologise for anything. As far as I'm concerned and I'm probably speaking for other CharltonLifers on here as well that you are most welcome and liked on here 🖒

Just read through the whole thread, with all the abuse and upset after such a choker of a finish to the game.  But this comment is by far and away the most sickening of all.  From such a new poster too... hmmmm. 
    He got the welcome bit right.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    I know the feeling when I played when your opponents settled for a point or a narrow win. It was the time you really went for it. There was an interesting mention of Chris Wilder from the Sky commentator at the Preston game. He said that Wilder reflected that most Championship managers seemed too frightened to not to lose games. Sheffield United took advantage of that. My biggest disapointment was I think Bowyer has the same approach. Or at least, I thought he did.

I know we had injuries and reasons why we should be happy with the point but the game was there for the winning after we scored. With 10 minutes to go, they took the initiative, as they did at the start of the game. But part of the reason for this was us giving it to them. Maybe Bowyer is trying to be too clever and overthink himself. I don't mind us losing or drawing games we try to win and I'm sure this approach will do us well when the season's dust has settled. I also accept when you are playing top teams you have to be more careful and defensive, but Millwall were very limited.

You concede territory, they get free-kicks and corners in your half and this is how they score their goals and where they are effective.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:
    cabbles said:

*hear. Just saying.

Is all this banter entirely necessary? We lost. We were a bit unlucky and should have drawn the match probably. 
    No one died. 
    He started - anyway you wouldn’t understand would you Johnny so please don’t give it all that 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    JamesSeed said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:
    cabbles said:

*hear. Just saying.

No one died. 
    He started - anyway you wouldn’t understand would you Johnny so please don’t give it all that 
    It’s funny how you form pictures in your head of people you only know online. 
    Your’s has just shifted so much I’m wondering if someone hasn’t taken over your account. Most peculiar. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    DOUCHER said:
    JamesSeed said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:
    cabbles said:

*hear. Just saying.

No one died. 
    It’s funny how you form pictures in your head of people you only know online. 
    Your’s has just shifted so much I’m wondering if someone hasn’t taken over your account. Most peculiar. 
    Yes, I was thinking the same thing. Maybe he's been on a bender for 2 days and hasn't sobered up yet.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:
    cabbles said:

*hear. Just saying.

Now is probably a good time to shut your arse and give your mouth a chance.
        weirdo
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    @Big_Bad_World you don't need to go anywhere mate or apologise for anything. As far as I'm concerned and I'm probably speaking for other CharltonLifers on here as well that you are most welcome and liked on here 🖒

Just read through the whole thread, with all the abuse and upset after such a choker of a finish to the game.  But this comment is by far and away the most sickening of all.  From such a new poster too... hmmmm. 
    He got the welcome bit right.
  • Options
    Just realised that this is the first bit of criticism I have given to Bowyer since he took over. I think it is credit to him that we all criticise him so little. We trust him but no more games like Saturday please! 
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

😊
  • Options

Steady on. Christ.  ;)
    Sorry love 😉