Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Spurs sack Pochettino / Mourinho appointed

Comments

• Harris will be gutted he took the Cardiff job  :D
  • Wonder if they fancy a great big mouthy wobbly scouse git?   Nah! Oxford will never let him go...
  • When is the Bowyer to Spuds rumour starting then?
  • Bellisa from Leeds to Spurs
  • Macronate said:
    #prayfor@JohnBoyUK
    I feel proper sad tonight
  • Presumably, Levy and the board lost their bottle knowing that Emery and Pellegrini are in trouble and might be gone soon so may have forced their arm to jump first.
  • Many Spurs fans are saying they could grab the Ajax coach
  • Sponsored links:

• Macronate said:
    And and all of his back room staff.

Wonder who’ll replace him?
    Bowyer?
  • Wheels may be coming off but I wouldn't blame the manager in this case.
  • Karl Robinson is entirely responsible for England qualifying for the Euro's due to his time with Dele Alli, and who does Alli play for now?
    Nailed on obvs.
  • Please god not Mourinho, his constant whining was so nauseating before
  • seth plum said:
    Karl Robinson is entirely responsible for England qualifying for the Euro's due to his time with Dele Alli, and who does Alli play for now?
    Nailed on obvs.
    Classic facebook re-boot.
  • Stevie G
    Steve Gallen !!!!!!

Bit of a gamble for Spurs but I hope he doesn’t go.
  • Eriksen has been shite for months while wanting away from WHL and it's coincided with Poch's demise.

IMO Eriksen has been disgraceful since the turn of the year and may have caused longer term damage to Spurs.

• I got gym at least once a week and my Instructor is a Spurs fan. I didn't realize how low Spurs were in the table when he told me (although) he thought they were 4 points of relegation. I can see it is 6. It's crazy the Premier League. Anything from about 8th down you can be anywhere in the table depending on results. Howe won't go Spurs. He tried it with Burnley and was to much for him. It didn't work out for him and went back to Bournemouth and has got a nice cushy job there. His family are settled in Bournemouth. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Eriksen has been shite for months while wanting away from WHL and it's coincided with Poch's demise.

IMO Eriksen has been disgraceful since the turn of the year and may have caused longer term damage to Spurs.

On that basis well done Eriksen 
  •  Christ this was quick 
  • Sigh.  Looks like its happening.  Mourinho has been seen at the stadium tonight.
  • I think it'll be Mourinho. 

Personally i don't see how they can sack Pochettino without having a big name already lined up and agreed. You aren't sacking him and then going after someone like Eddie Howe!

And given how much it's going to cost Levy to sack Pochettino i can't see him paying out huge compensation for the likes of Nagelsmann or Ancelotti or Ten Hag.

Bold move from Levy though, sacking the man who performed wonders for you and reached a CL final whilst you gave him no money to spend for practically 2 years. But on the face of it, things have gone pear shaped and something had to be done. 7 wins in 25 league games since February.
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Sigh.  Looks like its happening.  Mourinho has been seen at the stadium tonight.
    Lol. Let's see how Eriksen likes his new defensive role  ;)
    I think Jose is a busted flush and Spurs are 5 years too late on this move.
    We shall see.

• I’m ashamed of you all

About flipping  time
  • Reports that it’ll be done by the morning, and Mourinho could be announced as soon as the end of the day.

Lots of things have gone wrong at Spurs over time and it all started to properly unravel just before the Champions League Final. Poch will take some blame but I think the blame lays firmly at the door of Levy. How is a club meant to continue to progress and develop at that level without any kind of investment? Players begin to wonder what’s happening and look elsewhere which is what has happened. The manager isn’t happy because he can’t improve things. It was a disaster waiting to happen and that blame has to really sit with Levy and the choices he has continued to make, not in the best interests of the club nor it’s future on the pitch. All well and good having this absolutely amazing stadium but if you’re not getting European football, what’s the point?

For he who gets hurt, will be he who has stalled. - Spurs stalled for too long, now they’re suffering from it.
  • One of my favourite non-Charlton managers. Not totally surprised to see this news as Spurs' results have been poor for a long period but still a little sad for him.
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Sigh.  Looks like its happening.  Mourinho has been seen at the stadium tonight.
    Lol. Let's see how Eriksen likes his new defensive role  ;)
    I think Jose is a busted flush and Spurs are 5 years too late on this move.
    We shall see.

Won the league cup and Europa league with Man utd in 16-17, then the next season took them to 2nd in the table. Compare that to where United are now. 

It's a wise move by Levy i think as you know what you're getting with Jose. He'll come in, sort things out and steady the ship, get the team into Europe, probably reach (and win) a cup final. As long as you don't expect him to be there for 5 years and build a team then it'll be fine.

Levy can't really afford to gamble after getting rid of Pochettino, he needs a reliable head but ultimately he probably sees Mourinho as a 2 year fix before getting in a younger progressive manager.