Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Spurs sack Pochettino / Mourinho appointed

Comments

• Tottenham are 2 bob a***holes.

Levy has won diddly in his time at spurs, perhaps he needs to go.

1961 since they last won the league, big club my a***!
  • Just officially confirmed Mourinho is the new Spurs Manager
  • It is a gift that Levy can sack Pochettino and then complete negotiations with Mourinho and his advisers within a matter of a few hours.

Football can be such an honourable game at times,
  • Anyone would think they had him already lined up and contract agreed before getting rid of Pochettino!

The good news for Spurs fans is there's no way he'd agree to go there unless he was given a pretty decent transfer budget.
  • Contract until the end of the 22-23 season. Would bet very good money he won't still be in charge by then.

They have only won the league twice in their entire history. 
    Doesn't stop some of their fans thinking they are far bigger than they actually are. 
  • I might be wrong but I can't think of any other Manager who has been in charge of three of the so called top six (and four stints at that if you include Chelsea twice). Trouble is things tend to become all about him rather than the teams he manages.
  • It is a gift that Levy can sack Pochettino and then complete negotiations with Mourinho and his advisers within a matter of a few hours.

The Argentinian will not care, his reported pay off is 12 million.  He'll have a nice day today.
  • Yes its Jose Mememeinho.
  • Sponsored links:

Doesn't stop some of their fans thinking they are far bigger than they actually are. 
    100% Rambo.

We'll win the Premier League before them.
  • I feel sick.

Anyone would think they had him already lined up and contract agreed before getting rid of Pochettino!

The good news for Spurs fans is there's no way he'd agree to go there unless he was given a pretty decent transfer budget.
    Mourinho mentions the academy in the club statement.  He's never done that before.

Bang on the money!
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    I feel sick.

Anyone would think they had him already lined up and contract agreed before getting rid of Pochettino!

Mourinho mentions the academy in the club statement.  He's never done that before.

Bang on the money!

Maybe, just maybe, that is part of the deal. Levy does not have a history of throwing money around a la Abramovich when Mourinho first took over at Chelsea and whilst he will, undoubtedly, get some perhaps the expectation is that he will have to bring the kids on.

It's working for Chelsea after all, albeit that this has been forced upon them to a degree although it rather depends on how good the Spurs' Academy is. Winks and Kane are the only first team regulars I can think of as home products whereas Chelsea currently have Fikayo Tomori, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Callum Hudson-Odoi, Tammy Abraham, Mason Mount and now Reece James giving them the backbone for the future. 
  • jose on a deal until 2023 - going to cost them to get rid if he doesn't perform. 

a complete rebuild will need to take place in summer and jose has a record of causing mayhem wherever he goes, he will clash with kane who will then likely depart in the summer. 

We’ve never won it and I think I’m bigger than my spurs supporting mates, well taller anyway though, tbf, they are probably a lot heavier than me...
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    I feel sick.

Bang on the money!
    Thought he did at United as their fans had been complaining about his potential appointment saying he never plays youth. It's the United way blah blah blah. 
  • Gone for a big name and reputation when they should have gone for the best long term fit. Howe would have been perfect for them if they were prepared to back him in the transfer market. 
  • 3 and a half year contract, in typical Levy style he's made it cheap when it inevitably goes wrong in the 3rd year. 
  • Short memories indeed, many forgetting all of José's successes.
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Sigh.  Looks like its happening.  Mourinho has been seen at the stadium tonight.
    Lol. Let's see how Eriksen likes his new defensive role  ;)
    I think Jose is a busted flush and Spurs are 5 years too late on this move.
    We shall see.

Won the league cup and Europa league with Man utd in 16-17, then the next season took them to 2nd in the table. Compare that to where United are now. 

It's a wise move by Levy i think as you know what you're getting with Jose. He'll come in, sort things out and steady the ship, get the team into Europe, probably reach (and win) a cup final. As long as you don't expect him to be there for 5 years and build a team then it'll be fine.

Levy can't really afford to gamble after getting rid of Pochettino, he needs a reliable head but ultimately he probably sees Mourinho as a 2 year fix before getting in a younger progressive manager.
    I fully expect a style of football that will not sit well with the fans and certainly won't be competing for the title.
    If they can qualify for champions league in a boring style I suppose that will be something.
    Win a cup? Well, like I say we shall see.
    Expect the usual graceless reaction to defeats and criticism.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2019
    What a bizarre choice. Mourinho is known for getting into scraps with club chairmen, moaning about a lack of available transfer funds and ignoring youth players in pursuit of bringing in new recruits. Spurs are a club with very little top-level money and exist on pushing through youth to offset their lack of spending, with a chairman who is a notorious spendthrift bell end. At least this is going to be funny. Great for Poch though; big pay off and now you either jump over to Bayern or have a break and wait to see if Real or Man Utd blink first and sack their manager. Easy life.
    The thing that annoyed me most was looking on Twitter (always a mistake) and seeing fans crying that Eddie Howe had good odds because they need a 'world class' manager. Lads, you're Tottenham.
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Sigh.  Looks like its happening.  Mourinho has been seen at the stadium tonight.
    Lol. Let's see how Eriksen likes his new defensive role  ;)
    I think Jose is a busted flush and Spurs are 5 years too late on this move.
    We shall see.

Won the league cup and Europa league with Man utd in 16-17, then the next season took them to 2nd in the table. Compare that to where United are now. 

It's a wise move by Levy i think as you know what you're getting with Jose. He'll come in, sort things out and steady the ship, get the team into Europe, probably reach (and win) a cup final. As long as you don't expect him to be there for 5 years and build a team then it'll be fine.

Levy can't really afford to gamble after getting rid of Pochettino, he needs a reliable head but ultimately he probably sees Mourinho as a 2 year fix before getting in a younger progressive manager.
    I fully expect a style of football that will not sit well with the fans and certainly won't be competing for the title.
    If they can qualify for champions league in a boring style I suppose that will be something.
    Win a cup? Well, like I say we shall see.
    Expect the usual graceless reaction to defeats and criticism.
    No one alive remembers them competing for the title. Top 6 is good.

There was nothing wrong with the style of football played by Chelsea and he will raise the profile of the club and attract the better players.
  • Anyone would think they had him already lined up and contract agreed before getting rid of Pochettino!

If you're giving him money why the he'll wouldn't you have given some to Poch!!!
  • Doesn’t Jose have the highest net spend of any manager? And now he’s going to work under the tightest ‘big club’ chairman of them all. 

At least it’ll be interesting.
  • So it was a game of Politics after all:

Levy convinces Pochettino we have to pay for the Stadium so we won't bring any players in for a few windows.

Poch gets totally frustrated and when he over achieves by getting to the Champions League final he said I will quit if we win.
    (12 million reasons why he wouldn't)

Bizarrely because the squad was so stretched it would've been better for Poch if they had gone out of the CL earlier and focused on winning a domestic cup.
    Levy was happy with the journey to the final because of all the revenue generated.

Stats won't show how Spurs played some sublime football under Mauricio Pochettino, because it was all about the here and now and the League table and the capitulation against Bayern Munich is the reality.

Man United fans didn't enjoy Jose Mourinho's style of play despite winning Cups. Will be interesting to see the players who come to Spurs in the next two windows, and who leaves.

Has Levy hired the special one or a busted flush ?

• Macronate said:
    And and all of his back room staff.

Wonder who’ll replace him?
    Going with Mourinho
  • ....and more years of einning fuck all, fingers crossed

Sky reckon talks have been going on for weeks.