Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Luton Town v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 26 November 2019 | Post-match thread

123457»

Comments

• Options
    cs1986 said:
    It was a shambles tonight tbh. I have just watched the goals on sky sports news after getting back. How the hell did they allow Lutons first!? Shocking.

We looked good until we scored then did nothing for over half hour. I even thought we lacked effort tonight.  They were so slow at the back but we failed to test them after our goal.

Dillon had a blinder
    Naby has become a liability
    Midfield 3 were dominated and went missing. Morgan is nowhere near ready for this league.
    Great finish from Leko.

All capped off with an absolute tosser in crowd.

Not looking forward to Boro away now.

Oi 
    E I E I E I O off to boro we must go.
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    cs1986 said:
    It was a shambles tonight tbh. I have just watched the goals on sky sports news after getting back. How the hell did they allow Lutons first!? Shocking.

We looked good until we scored then did nothing for over half hour. I even thought we lacked effort tonight.  They were so slow at the back but we failed to test them after our goal.

Dillon had a blinder
    Midfield 3 were dominated and went missing. Morgan is nowhere near ready for this league.
    Great finish from Leko.

Not the one shouting abuse to the luton fans in the box by any chance? Was fucking embarrassing! 
    No not that one mate but i werent far from that idiot.
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    cs1986 said:

Dillon had a blinder
    Great finish from Leko.

Not the one shouting abuse to the luton fans in the box by any chance? Was fucking embarrassing! 
    I was really hoping the stewards or police removed him. Some of the stuff he was shouting was pretty racist too
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    cs1986 said:

Dillon had a blinder
    Great finish from Leko.

I was really hoping the stewards or police removed him. Some of the stuff he was shouting was pretty racist too
    I could mate out what he was shouting just seemed an absolute idiot. There were a few abkut tbh.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    I'm not expecting relegation, but if our injury situation doesn't improve massively (it's possible we get another string of injuries) and we don't strengthen in January, we could easily get sucked into the battle.
    It's all very well Bowyer et al saying we haven't played anyone that were much better than us (it's true).
    It's also true that we haven't played anyone that's much worse than us.
    The league is extremely tight, there's not really a bad team.
    Barnsley are the worst having only won once, but they are no pushover.
    At the moment it's looking like 2/3 decent teams will be relegated, so we are far from safe.
    21st will be a success and I reckon we'll end up between 16th and 23rd.
    If I had to choose I'd say 18th and relegation avoided with about 3 games to go.
    You see I think that we will go on another little run at some stage.
    Yes we had a great start and that’s maybe papered over the form we are on at the moment. 2 wins from 12 is not good at any point or level, and that’s what we have got right now.
    However, with the amount of players out all at once, as well as the amount of players getting injured and coming back, before getting injured again at various points, we have never been able to put together a run of two or three games of the same team. Where is the consistency?
    I genuinely believe, once we even get 3 or 4 players back properly, preferably Taylor, Williams, and one other midfielder, we will have enough about us to get a good amount of points in a row again.
    This league is all about winning games, draws are no good. String even 2 or 3 wins together and you shoot up the league. We have enough about us to do that once players are fit. In the position we are in right now, if we were to win 3 in a row, we’d probably only need a further 15 points to be safe.
    Trust these players when things are tough, continue the support, getting behind them, and together we will ensure we hit safety far more quicker than with 3 games to spare. 
    I don't disagree, but the chance of us winning 3 games in a row is somewhat unlikely.
  • Options
    Really choked about the Luton result. But this run reminds me of a
    similar run under Chris Powell (our first in the Championship). We
    were due to play Cardiff midweek and the crowd became the 12th man.
    After being 2-0 down we got to 5-2 and held on (just about) to the lead.
    I hope this Saturday the Drummer is extra loud, we know the North
    Stand are brilliant in raising the noise levels but we need the same
    in the West and East Stand. I will do my best in the lower west!
    Don't forget these lads are playing their hearts out whatever people think,
    and the youngsters especially need our encouragement!
  • Options
    Until we start getting players back, I think we just have to suck it in. I am not looking forward to Saturday at all. We don't even have Gallagher available!