Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is Thomas Driesen Gone? - he popped in on p16, and back out on p26

Comments

• Options
    JaShea99 said:
    I haven’t read every page but are we just accepting that this is really TD?
    Well if it isn't someone needs counselling and psychiatric help - the trouble he has gone to!
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    This is only going to be resolved if our man posts all correspondence related to all potential signings while he was here tbh
    Under every employment contract I’ve ever signed that contrary to the terms of that contract and would be illegal. For most of them not deleting all that information on the end of the contract would also be dubious at best.
    If TD needs a Solicitor Farnell is free ....
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Chunes said:
    Shame this wasn't done with a journalist who could verify these ominous "screenshots" with other sources

The guy could post whatever he likes
    Maybe, but I’m inclined to take the screenshots at face value. I’m sure there are plenty of other screenshots that he isn’t sharing which would tell the whole story however.

No idea if TD’s version of events are accurate, but I have to say he’s doing well at holding his own in a foreign language in the face of an onslaught. 
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    I haven’t read every page but are we just accepting that this is really TD?
    Admin seem to be and his posts show enough to convince me ( and I’ve been a sceptic about such matters, including his Twitter at the time). 
  • Options
    edited February 2022

Dale Stephens: reliable player (interesting for the group)

That's quite interesting, when he says group, is he actually referring to the Roland network of clubs?
  • Options
    ThomasD said:
    Journalism? This is the level of The Sun "journalism". 

It's feeding a perception of someone with lies to back that perception. It's smart, but also really sad. I'm sure fans would love to hear the truth and then make up their own mind instead of being fed these kind of lies.

I can understand you don't want me here as I have all the evidence to expose you.

I will take a look at some more stuff you published
    I think if I was going to “exposed” as you put it that would have happened rather earlier in the 35 years I’ve been writing about Charlton. 

You can’t even read a byline or acknowledge that you got that wrong, even though it is central to your point.

In any event the central issue is that Duchâtelet is a nutter who employed unqualified individuals, wasted millions and damaged the club. Agree or disagree? 
    This!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Chunes said:
    Shame this wasn't done with a journalist who could verify these ominous "screenshots" with other sources

The guy could post whatever he likes
    Maybe, but I’m inclined to take the screenshots at face value. I’m sure there are plenty of other screenshots that he isn’t sharing which would tell the whole story however.

No idea if TD’s version of events are accurate, but I have to say he’s doing well at holding his own in a foreign language in the face of an onslaught. 
    In the age of the internet I'm not inclined to take anything at face value.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    BDL said:
    You know what, with all the shit that's going down at the moment in the world, I don't give a flying f*ck for what Football Manager Boy wants to say or do. Just probabaly best to ignore from now on, that chapter is closed.
    Gets exposed for being a liar and suddenly the chapter is closed. Shocker
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    ThomasD said:
    BDL said:
    You know what, with all the shit that's going down at the moment in the world, I don't give a flying f*ck for what Football Manager Boy wants to say or do. Just probabaly best to ignore from now on, that chapter is closed.
    Gets exposed for being a liar and suddenly the chapter is closed. Shocker
    Hardly exposed mate
  • Options
    End of the day, he was an employee handed a great opportunity at a young age, that many here would consider a bit of a dream job. So I don't think we can blame him for the Roland regime, he was merely an actor within it.

Professionalism and quality of his recommendations are certainly up for criticism and debate, but you can't really blame him for the scope of the influence he was given by Roland.
    Maybe not. However since he has come along here voluntarily, it is reasonable to ask him, as I have tried to do, whether on reflection eight years later (older? wiser?) -   he was ready and equipped for that scope of influence. So far he has not replied to me.
    Tbh, I heard from a very good source that @ThomasD was on £286k a year + performance bonuses etc, so £286k a year must've been some carrot for him, regardless what his role was
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    End of the day, he was an employee handed a great opportunity at a young age, that many here would consider a bit of a dream job. So I don't think we can blame him for the Roland regime, he was merely an actor within it.

Professionalism and quality of his recommendations are certainly up for criticism and debate, but you can't really blame him for the scope of the influence he was given by Roland.
    Maybe not. However since he has come along here voluntarily, it is reasonable to ask him, as I have tried to do, whether on reflection eight years later (older? wiser?) -   he was ready and equipped for that scope of influence. So far he has not replied to me.
    That's a perfectly reasonable question for sure. I think some people are pinning on TD alot of frustration that is felt towards Roland's ownership and our current situation in general.

The club is just shit at the moment and as powerless fans we will always try to identify who to blame for that. But let's do that in a constructive manner, and save the unadulterated venom for the people who actively tried to sabotage the club for their own gain. TD may be many things but he's not one of those, and there have been more than a handful in the past few years.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:

Tbh, I heard from a very good source that @ThomasD was on £286k a year + performance bonuses etc, so £286k a year must've been some carrot for him, regardless what his role was
    @Airman Brown may correct me but I believe that would make him more highly paid than Meire, which seems unlikely. That said, we are talking Duchatelet here, and I see that TD has liked your post....
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    My personal view is that having, alongside most on here witnessed my football club being driven to the point of extinction by the Spivs, Duchatelet, ESI and a myriad of conmen, crooks, bluffers and dentists,

what ever his side of the story, Driesen was part of that.   

As we languish in the lower reaches of a lower league and I trapse up to Sheffield on Saturday with little hope, just following my team, I have no stomach or desire to hear his side of the story.

Our current predicament was not down to to an individual decision or person, its a culmination of the lot of them and Driesen was part of that. 

That might read as bitter, short sighted or belligerent but its how I feel, I can ignore the thread just as AFKA suggests, but I cant forget, I wish @ThomasD would just jog on from my club and leave me to pick up the pieces, Roland was the closest I came to walking away from football, his ownership was to me anti football and Driesen was knowingly part of that regime.

I can never forgive or try to understand, they have put me through years of misery protest and angst, so for that reason I am out.        
    @SE7toSG3 I’m playing devils advocate a bit but I know I can ask you and have a civil debate with because you are a mate.  

Driesen was hired by Duchatelet to work off field on the football side of the club. So too were Bowyer, Gallen, Jose Riga, Tracey Leaburn to name a few. 

What’s the difference as to why all those are ok, but Driesen has always been to many the devil incarnate? 

Correct me if I’m wrong, I don’t think he said anything publicly derogatory when in role (even though he’s had abuse and ridicule since day 1). 

It feels to me that’s been purely based on the assumption that because he was young, we all naturally assumed inexperienced and was inappropriate. That was probably my view at the time. The photos with the silly hair probably aggravated that. Over time though I’ve definitely revised my view and probably appreciate that the role of an analyst in football recruitment is more central to what I probably appreciated then, and I can’t see what this bloke has done in his job that would trigger such abuse and hatred.  

I do as little Twitter as I have to as I find it poisonous and unhealthy, so perhaps there has been stuff I’ve not been privy to. I also don’t think Driesen does himself any favours in the way he responds to people, but then again I’ve not been subject to years of personal abuse and piss taking. 

Glad you decided to keep it short...
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    My personal view is that having, alongside most on here witnessed my football club being driven to the point of extinction by the Spivs, Duchatelet, ESI and a myriad of conmen, crooks, bluffers and dentists,

what ever his side of the story, Driesen was part of that.   

As we languish in the lower reaches of a lower league and I trapse up to Sheffield on Saturday with little hope, just following my team, I have no stomach or desire to hear his side of the story.

Our current predicament was not down to to an individual decision or person, its a culmination of the lot of them and Driesen was part of that. 

That might read as bitter, short sighted or belligerent but its how I feel, I can ignore the thread just as AFKA suggests, but I cant forget, I wish @ThomasD would just jog on from my club and leave me to pick up the pieces, Roland was the closest I came to walking away from football, his ownership was to me anti football and Driesen was knowingly part of that regime.

I can never forgive or try to understand, they have put me through years of misery protest and angst, so for that reason I am out.        
    @SE7toSG3 I’m playing devils advocate a bit but I know I can ask you and have a civil debate with because you are a mate.  

Driesen was hired by Duchatelet to work off field on the football side of the club. So too were Bowyer, Gallen, Jose Riga, Tracey Leaburn to name a few. 

What’s the difference as to why all those are ok, but Driesen has always been to many the devil incarnate? 

Correct me if I’m wrong, I don’t think he said anything publicly derogatory when in role (even though he’s had abuse and ridicule since day 1). 

It feels to me that’s been purely based on the assumption that because he was young, we all naturally assumed inexperienced and was inappropriate. That was probably my view at the time. The photos with the silly hair probably aggravated that. Over time though I’ve definitely revised my view and probably appreciate that the role of an analyst in football recruitment is more central to what I probably appreciated then, and I can’t see what this bloke has done in his job that would trigger such abuse and hatred.  

I do as little Twitter as I have to as I find it poisonous and unhealthy, so perhaps there has been stuff I’ve not been privy to. I also don’t think Driesen does himself any favours in the way he responds to people, but then again I’ve not been subject to years of personal abuse and piss taking. 

Same thing with Martin Sandgaard. I'm not opinionating in any way for or against his appointment, but imo there's far to much vitriol aimed at his appointment than is necessary. 

I thought his (MS) role was "Director if Analysis", which surely requires more IT and statistical expertise, along with some football knowledge, but you wouldn't necessarily need to be a footballing mastermind?