Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is Thomas Driesen Gone? - he popped in on p16, and back out on p26

Comments

• Options
    I did find it quite interesting when I asked about who he meant by players mentioned by surname in that Mcginn email that I even got a clarification. I'm genuinely quite interested as to what the transfer strategy was at the time because it seemed a bit all over the shop? The 2 players he named have both had fairly solid EFL careers and would have been younger players then that you perhaps would have looked at as players that might have a sell on value.

But ultimately I don't think we really got anywhere , which is a shame because I'd loved to have understood the thinking behind the scenes a bit more. The summer we signed Makienok for example there was some quite interesting names going around as rumours that would have been fantastic signings but didn't quite come off for whatever reason. Likes of Clement Lenglet (now of Barcelona) and Jean-Phillipe Gbamin (Now at Everton but has struggled with injuries) were mentioned when they were still in the French second division. 

I actually found the stuff about the Polish Pete signing interesting, a signing I still don't think I'll ever understand why it happened even with the explanation provided and summed up that when they got it wrong , they got it spectacularly wrong. 
  • Options
    TD is on Twitter, if you’re so keen to know his side of events, give him a message on there, see how you get on.

• Options
    Well done those who told him to fuck off . Classy .  It was just getting interesting as well .
    Classic manipulation tactics from him, don't fall for it. He came on because he was getting grief on here as a result of yet another trollish bit of gloating on Twitter. He then proceeded to tell exactly his version of what he wanted to talk about, shared a couple of very specific screenshots that suited his argument but no more and ignored a number of very valid questions because he didn't have an answer for them. He then accused Jimmy, Airman and BDL all of being liars for pointing out moments where he wasn't a shining light and then when he was done giving his version of events chose a comment to flounce off to despite him being told to fuck off from the exact moment he started posting. Didn't offend him before he was done giving his version. He came on to do one thing, which was dump his version of history and there was nothing interesting to learn from him being on here because it wasn't a conversation, it was an exercise in narcissism and bullshit.
    👍
  • Options
    Well done those who told him to fuck off . Classy .  It was just getting interesting as well .
    Classic manipulation tactics from him, don't fall for it. He came on because he was getting grief on here as a result of yet another trollish bit of gloating on Twitter. He then proceeded to tell exactly his version of what he wanted to talk about, shared a couple of very specific screenshots that suited his argument but no more and ignored a number of very valid questions because he didn't have an answer for them. He then accused Jimmy, Airman and BDL all of being liars for pointing out moments where he wasn't a shining light and then when he was done giving his version of events chose a comment to flounce off to despite him being told to fuck off from the exact moment he started posting. Didn't offend him before he was done giving his version. He came on to do one thing, which was dump his version of history and there was nothing interesting to learn from him being on here because it wasn't a conversation, it was an exercise in narcissism and bullshit.
    100% this
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    Some people on here showing how blinded by rage they are, especially people who were in and around the club at the same time as Tommy was. I get why you would be, but at the end of the day he came on here to provide his version of events, and was actually producing some evidence to back things up, but with so many people jumping down his throat and insulting him, he's decided to leave before everything came out. It's a shame as I've always wondered how that period in our history went so drastically wrong, and he could provide a unique insight into the club at that time, from a different side of the whole debacle
    You genuinely don't know why the Roland era went wrong? 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Some people on here showing how blinded by rage they are, especially people who were in and around the club at the same time as Tommy was. I get why you would be, but at the end of the day he came on here to provide his version of events, and was actually producing some evidence to back things up, but with so many people jumping down his throat and insulting him, he's decided to leave before everything came out. It's a shame as I've always wondered how that period in our history went so drastically wrong, and he could provide a unique insight into the club at that time, from a different side of the whole debacle
    🙄 Of course I know what went wrong and why, but it would have been interesting to hear from the other side, and from someone on the other side of the ring, so to speak. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    🙄 Of course I know what went wrong and why, but it would have been interesting to hear from the other side, and from someone on the other side of the ring, so to speak. 
    The other side did have six years to give their side of the story, including control of the club's comms, use of multiple PR professionals and dozens of meetings with the groups of fans. What else do you think they might have to say?
    I don't know what else they might have to say, but now we'll never know because too many grown men resorted to playground bullying and insults, on both sides
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Huskaris said:
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Good point. I certainly think I'm grown up enough to balance sources and make up my mind. 

If something like this ever happens again I'm sure many of us would really appreciate it if people weren't obnoxious wankers, as bad as Driesen might be, I would argue he probably has more of an insight into that period of Charlton than almost everyone on here, quite possibly everyone actually. 

Next time let's maybe give people enough rope to hang themselves rather than being keyboard Jeremy Paxmans. More Louis Theroux and less Piers Morgan.

There was a lot more info to come there, albeit from a biased perspective, but if people could remember it's not just them and their vendettas on this forum that would be great. 

He's not a murderer, he's a very naughty boy. 

You’ve got it the wrong way round H. He was the one who went on the attack. That was why he was here, not to chat to the likes of you and me. He was asked loads of simple questions and wouldn’t answer them. 

Probably best to ‘cancel’ this thread now, as the arguments are just getting repetitive. 😊
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Huskaris said:
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Good point. I certainly think I'm grown up enough to balance sources and make up my mind. 

If something like this ever happens again I'm sure many of us would really appreciate it if people weren't obnoxious wankers, as bad as Driesen might be, I would argue he probably has more of an insight into that period of Charlton than almost everyone on here, quite possibly everyone actually. 

Next time let's maybe give people enough rope to hang themselves rather than being keyboard Jeremy Paxmans. More Louis Theroux and less Piers Morgan.

There was a lot more info to come there, albeit from a biased perspective, but if people could remember it's not just them and their vendettas on this forum that would be great. 

You’ve got it the wrong way round H. He was the one who went on the attack. That was why he was here, not to chat to the likes of you and me. He was asked loads of simple questions and wouldn’t answer them. 
    He was asked dozens of questions in rapid succession, many of which were laced with personal attacks. 

What do you expect?

I'm not being funny, I know we are supposed to bow to and respect a bunch of people here because they have so much experience etc, but I think a lot of us would have preferred it if the usual bunch had kept quiet for a bit, I've had years of listening to them, and I'm thankful for everything they've done and agree with almost everything they have to say, but if this is some sort of "attack" from Driesen, I doubt it's kept anyone awake at night...

I'd rather listen to his "attacks" and learn a lot from the things he is saying in between these "attacks" than hear nothing at all, an opinion many others seem to share. 

The same would go for Roland and Meire too. 
    jeez I think I’d rather stick pins in my eyes than go back to endlessly arguing about the Roland years again. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Huskaris said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Huskaris said:
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:

He was asked dozens of questions in rapid succession, many of which were laced with personal attacks. 

What do you expect?

I'm not being funny, I know we are supposed to bow to and respect a bunch of people here because they have so much experience etc, but I think a lot of us would have preferred it if the usual bunch had kept quiet for a bit, I've had years of listening to them, and I'm thankful for everything they've done and agree with almost everything they have to say, but if this is some sort of "attack" from Driesen, I doubt it's kept anyone awake at night...

I'd rather listen to his "attacks" and learn a lot from the things he is saying in between these "attacks" than hear nothing at all, an opinion many others seem to share. 

I agree. 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Huskaris said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Huskaris said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Huskaris said:
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:

What do you expect?

jeez I think I’d rather stick pins in my eyes than go back to endlessly arguing about the Roland years again. 
    Then go and stick pins in your eyes and stay off threads like this in future. 

It's so simple. 

Some people just can't help themselves. To be clear this isn't specifically aimed at you, there's plenty of others who can't help themselves. 
    Why should we have to stay off threads where we want to learn something just so others can slag off the poster? 

Bring back flags so we can flag when people are being dicks on the forum, it happens too often. Pretty sure Vanilla have a function where posts with 5+ flags get hidden, activate that or something. 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    I wasn't party to the decision to remove the flags as it was before my time, but from what I recall we often ended up with people involved in an argument tit-for-tat flagging. Consequently I think it'd probably cause more problems than it solves. However, as has been said on several occasions, if you think specific posts have crossed the line it's a good idea to DM the mods with links to those that are causing you concern, and we'll take a look into it
    Fixed that
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    And the answer to the thread title once again is..... Yes!
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    I wasn't party to the decision to remove the flags as it was before my time, but from what I recall we often ended up with people involved in an argument tit-for-tat flagging. Consequently I think it'd probably cause more problems than it solves. However, as has been said on several occasions, if you think specific posts have crossed the line it's a good idea to DM the mods with links to those that are causing you concern, and we'll take a look.
    Yeah you'd probably want to anonymise the data on likes, lols and flags