Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2019 General Election - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Bloke next to me was writing an essay! Had to sharpen his pencil halfway through.

Pity the counters. Be a laugh for the first 10 or 20
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    "A last minute goal in Esher and Walton! But to who, Chris Kamara?"
    Unbelievable Huw
  • Options
    Think it will be a blue day. Brexit will finally be done but overall every party is unhappy.
  • Options
    I've forgotten if I voted for or against Brexit?
  • Options
    Johnson’s clown shoes play Corbyn onside but Putin is in the VAR room....
  • Options
    Boris was out in the rain handing out leaflets at the end of my road just before 6.00. A couple of photographers and one bloke getting a selfie, other than that he was being pretty much ignored
  • Options
    It was mention y'day (LBC) that the people manning the poll stations are not allowed to leave the building until polling finishes at 22.00.
    I had a chat to the staff at my 'station' this afternoon. They started at 6.30 and will be there all day. That is a LONG time. (They are allowed rest and meal periods)
     One lady told me that one major consideration when choosing polling stations, is adequate lavatory facilities for both sexes .. I didn't dare ask about Transgenders etc.
  • Options
    Farage goes in with a late sliding two footed studs up tackle.
  • Options
    It was mention y'day (LBC) that the people manning the poll stations are not allowed to leave the building until polling finishes at 22.00.
    I had a chat to the staff at my 'station' this afternoon. They started at 6.30 and will be there all day. That is a LONG time. (They are allowed rest and meal periods)
     One lady told me that one major consideration when choosing polling stations, is adequate lavatory facilities for both sexes .. I didn't dare ask about Transgenders etc.
    Whatever toilet a person deems fit for them, they should use.

Not like we segregate bathrooms at home, is it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brexit Party withdrawal left an open goal for team in blue.

Bad weather might impact on attendance.

Polling station didn't seem any busier than usual but safe seat.
  • Options
    Conservative majority, anywhere between 1 and 30 but 1 is enough. My guess 18.
  • Options
    I thank the gods of Charlton Life for opening up this thread. It could be more entertaining than the TV coverage
  • Options
    When will the Politician Marks be available to upload until?
  • Options
    I am expecting a conservative win, but, just like before a world cup with England, I have developed a tiny tiny amount of hope that their might be a hung parliament.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    As Francis Urquhart might say, ‘You might think that, I couldn’t possibly comment’.

Three people at my polling station at 5pm and one of them not in the right place.

Will today’s result be a resounding testimony that the british voting public should never be allowed near a polling station again?
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Never seen my polling station so busy either!!
    Huge queue at mine this morning.

I’ve used this day to exercise a big cull on Facebook, general elections are always good for that. I also implore anyone on twitter to keep an eye on the @dhotya feed, some absolute belters on there today  

My 3 year old quipped earlier that  the "high predicted turnout was contrary to the assumed disenfranchisement with the political system deemed of the British electorate and one that will have a significant impact on the social and cultural history of the modern nation" before getting back to watching Bing. 
    There’s a few good ones along those lines on the DHOTYA  twitter feed today. 
  • Options
    Just about to go and vote, undecided at the minute though, so may have to do ' Ip dip'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tory majority of 20 - 30 seats 
  • Options
    reportedly a very large turnout .. as Brexit seems to be the major topic for consideration in this election (yes, NHS, austerity etc are all serious issues as well), will the turnout consist of mainly leavers, remainers, or a mix of both .. I suspect that if the large turnout is mainly boosted by young people, a Labour win or another hung parliament will be the result .. look forward to Diane Abbot as Home Secretary ((:>) ..   we will start to see after 22.00 hours
    If you honestly think there’s a decent chance of a Labour majority then you should consider sticking some dosh on it, big odds.
  • Options
    I predict I predict that my spot the ball X is about to be placed next to Bob Neill. 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
  • Options
    I predict I predict that my spot the ball X is about to be placed next to Bob Neill. 
    How about third time lucky?
  • Options
    How about third time lucky?
  • Options
    Boris is getting stuck in

• Options
    I hope I'm wrong, but I think the large turnout earlier today may be due to people who would normally vote in the evening for a spring/summer election deciding to vote during daylight.
  • Options

se9addick said:
    reportedly a very large turnout .. as Brexit seems to be the major topic for consideration in this election (yes, NHS, austerity etc are all serious issues as well), will the turnout consist of mainly leavers, remainers, or a mix of both .. I suspect that if the large turnout is mainly boosted by young people, a Labour win or another hung parliament will be the result .. look forward to Diane Abbot as Home Secretary ((:>) ..   we will start to see after 22.00 hours
    If you honestly think there’s a decent chance of a Labour majority then you should consider sticking some dosh on it, big odds.

I was just supposing that a big turnout of younger people in key seats could swing an unlikely Labour win, or a hung result leading to a Corbyn led coalition with the Scots and perhaps the Lib Dems .. I admit, the prospect of a Labour majority as well as filling me with trepidation, is not at all likely .. I will not be wagering on  Lab win ((:>)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!