Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2019 General Election - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Reckon Jo Swinson will lose tonight 
  • Options
    Good news as it may mean the end of Corbyn- but all the posters on here who rely on NHS healthcare as they get on in years are in a bit of shit now.
      Quite. So why didn't labour trash Corbyn years ago?
  • Options
    A massive anti Corbyn result. But the hard left have got their grips on the Labour party now and it might take years before they return to the centre.
  • Options
    But the worrying things for me, despite leaving the EU, is that there one absolute truth of the British constitution, and that is if you have a big enough majority, you can do pretty much what you like, and a party with a manifesto as thin as the Tory one was, is worrying. 
  • Options
    Good news as it may mean the end of Corbyn- but all the posters on here who rely on NHS healthcare as they get on in years are in a bit of shit now.
    Yep, and there's people on this thread laughing at it.
  • Options
    love it. Absolutely love it. The country have had enough of the brexit impasse and Boris’ pitch has worked. Looking forward to the labour excuses 😂😂😂
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If exit polls are true, I expected the Tories to win but not by that much.  That's an absolute disaster for Labour
  • Options
    I'm shocked it is showing that big a margin but them I'm also not. Unfortunately we seem to have become a country that's been far too self centred and personally a Tory majority probably means I'm better off personally as my circumstances stand right now but I do care about people less fortunate than me and God forbid anything ever happens that I'm unable to work.

If people have become that brainwashed by the rhetoric then so be it, let's go along and see what happens but one thing I'm sure of is it'll just drive an even bigger wedge between us all. 
  • Options
    So it starts with a border down the Irish sea and the UK will not have left the EU. Scotland will be entrenched yet powerless, and when the final leave structure is in place the UK will have reneged on the Good Friday Agreement as it now stands. Either way the peace process will change dramatically and it will be at high risk.
    Those in need domestically are also now at high risk.
    The Etonocracy are a genuine threat.
  • Options
    Anyone else hoping 1 of these volunteers stacks it & spills the ballot papers all over the floor or is that just me?
  • Options
    Basically an English nationalist party winning big in England and a Scottish nationalist party sweeping Scotland
  • Options
    Tories confident of gaining Sunderland Central... heads in hands here.
  • Options
    Sad times. Donkeys led by donkeys. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    so sad, sigh
  • Options
    Apparently, 22,000 voters were polled at 150-odd stations? If I read the figures right.

If so, that's a huge margin for error, even if you assume the (I guess) 350 safe seats weren't polled and were assumed.

I don't doubt Ipsos Mori are kosher, but this sounds like a potential overestimation.

One hopes. 
  • Options
    Crazy stuff. 

People voting for the Tories to f*** 95% of the country over for the benefit of the other 5% for 5 more years. 
    If the Conservatives have got a majority of 80, they must have picked up votes from all over the country, and from people of all income levels. 

The Brexit voting seats they are likely to be winning are in poor areas.
    Yep - it's a massive cliche but so true here: turkeys voting for Christmas.

• Options
    Brexit has been defeated so far by the Irish border, and ultimately the Irish border will continue to defeat Brexit.
    Remainers are observers not the impediment.
  • Options
    It really is baffling, you can show these people the devastation to their local areas that Brexit will bring but it will be ignored for whatever reason. We live in an age where data and evidence is abundant but ever more so people are choosing not to believe it. What's that thing about stupidity and doing the same thing over and over?
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Apparently, 22,000 voters were polled at 150-odd stations? If I read the figures right.

If so, that's a huge margin for error, even if you assume the (I guess) 350 safe seats weren't polled and were assumed.

I don't doubt Ipsos Mori are kosher, but this sounds like a potential overestimation.

One hopes. 
    I wish you were right but

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/1205247530113650688

• Options
    Wow. Exit poll suggest a massive Tory majority of 86.

Ha ha ha ha

Glad you find it funny. You're alright Jack.
    I'm laughing at all the remainers who campaigned, stalled & downright wanted to cancel Brexit. Dont fuck with democracy or it will come back & bite you the arse. If we had left as planned on 23rd March I'm pretty sure that The Conservatives wouldn't have got back into power......due to austerity & everything else.

As I said.....only yourselves to blame. 
    No its been defeated by its own contradictions, and will continue to be so
  • Options
    Bloody hell. I’m pleased with that if it’s true.

I will be more pleased if Corbyn Abbott McDonnell etc step down and potentially others come in and we can have a proper electable opposition.
    That is the one silver lining in 5 years of dark, dark clouds. 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    colthe3rd said:
    It really is baffling, you can show these people the devastation to their local areas that Brexit will bring but it will be ignored for whatever reason. We live in an age where data and evidence is abundant but ever more so people are choosing not to believe it. What's that thing about stupidity and doing the same thing over and over?
      It's all about personalities and gimmick slogans these days. Brexit showed us that.

Labour never heeded the lesson.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!