Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Relegation

Comments

• Options
    After the Fulham game, our next three home games are Barnsley, Blackburn and Luton...need a minimum 2 wins there. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Getting closer every game 
    You sound like you can't wait.

No need for that, is there?

You look at our form and it's no wonder people are getting nervous.

I think we will be ok, just, but we desperately need to get bodies in/back. If we don't then it isn't looking good.

There would be no need if it wasn't the same posters posting the same sh*te after every defeat.
    Some people are natural optimists, some people are natural pessimists.

As much as you get pissed off by apparently negative comments some people might be getting pissed off with the constant "it will all be fine" type comments. There's no right answer. If it's how people feel then it's how people feel.

Nobody is happy about where we are, but at least we have new owners and the promise of new players - which we didn't have a few weeks ago. But they need to start coming in soon. 

Fair enough.
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    It will all be fine. 
    Possibly...
  • Options
    After the Fulham game, our next three home games are Barnsley, Blackburn and Luton...need a minimum 2 wins there. 
    Plus a minimum of one defeat... Cant afford anything worse than a draw against Barnsley or Luton
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    @Brown59 I'd be intrested to hear your thoughts.....
    He's just stuck a bullseye on us winning the play-offs
  • Options

New signing?
  • Options

I prefer Neil Gaiman’s version

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    Don't suppose you'll get them on this thread. Meanwhile, the mods are all bracing themselves for a hard night of wum-sinking.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    PopIcon said:
    Don't suppose you'll get them on this thread. Meanwhile, the mods are all bracing themselves for a hard night of wum-sinking.
    He prefers to be a WUM and start his own threads. 

I feel sorry for him that he has to be so attention-seeking ... he’d be far happier joining the Palaaarse ultras  ;)
  • Options
    Results went our way today but we can’t keep relying on that happening. IMO we’re now in a relegation battle. Think we’ll be okay but it’s by no means certain 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I don't understand why Brown59 isn't all over this thread...
  • Options
    I’ve avoided this topic like the plague, but unless we get four or five quality signing through the door, and they hit the ground running we are in real danger !
  • Options
    I don't understand why Brown59 isn't all over this thread...
    Because he's tried creating about five threads to talk about it - A bit unsure if he knows how forums work
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Getting closer every game 
    You sound like you can't wait.

No need for that, is there?

You look at our form and it's no wonder people are getting nervous.

I think we will be ok, just, but we desperately need to get bodies in/back. If we don't then it isn't looking good.

There would be no need if it wasn't the same posters posting the same sh*te after every defeat.
    Some people are natural optimists, some people are natural pessimists.

As much as you get pissed off by apparently negative comments some people might be getting pissed off with the constant "it will all be fine" type comments. There's no right answer. If it's how people feel then it's how people feel.

Nobody is happy about where we are, but at least we have new owners and the promise of new players - which we didn't have a few weeks ago. But they need to start coming in soon. 
    The new owners need to pull their finger out.

The new owners need to own The Valley very lively.
  • Options
    The only positive is it's a shocking championship this season and there might be a record lowest points for staying up. 
  • Options
    What’s funny with that comment @FishCostaFortune ??
    My fat fingers must have pressed LOL instead of Like. 

Was actually going to reply saying something along the line of  'totally this, and even if by Wednesday we have not signed any players, and we lose to Fulham I am still confident with the players coming back in, the quality of the management team, and the new signings we will get top half of the table. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we go down, aside from the injuries, my main focus will be defending of set plays and crosses for the multiple losses in the 94/98th minute of games. 
  • Options
    I’ve been a lot more relaxed than most over the poor run in the last six weeks or so, mainly because (regardless of investment) I thought our 11 would be stronger by now than it currently is.

We’ve played since the middle of November, through circumstance, with the worst 11 in the Championship. That will continue again on Wednesday. 

By Barnsley though, it can’t be, and I’m hopeful that it won’t be. We need to have a much better available squad with 17 games to go. 

I’m confident we’ll finish 10 points plus above the relegation cut off by the end of the season. But key players need to get match fit soon and sustain it, and quality additions need to arrive soon to supplement it. 

If neither happen, then yes, then we will be in trouble. 

Bit im not panicking yet by a long chalk 

10 points?
  • Options
    Too many people think our players coming back are going to sort things out immediately.

I think it will take them a few games to regain fitness, and I am certain that it is not automatic that it will be to a 3-points standard.  Patience will be required.
  • Options
    Too many people think our players coming back are going to sort things out immediately.

I think it will take them a few games to regain fitness, and I am certain that it is not automatic that it will be to a 3-points standard.  Patience will be required.
    Particularly if we rush them back.  What’s to say the run of injuries won’t continue?  Fully expect Williams to get injured again. Oztumer, Hemed, Kayal (I know he was gone back) and Field have spent more time injured than they have been available since being at the club. 3 of those weren’t even fully fit when they joined. We don’t seem to manage injuries very well. 
  • Options
    What’s the betting that anyone we do get in during this window is either unfit, injured or “didn’t get a pre-season.”
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I still think we’ll be ok, but only because there are worse teams than us in the division. Lose to Barnsley and I might have to re-evaluate that position. A point a giant Fulham would be nice too.
  • Options
    edited January 2020

On the other hand, aren't too many people also thinking signing 3/4/5 new players going to sort things out immediately? 
  • Options

On the other hand, aren't too many people also thinking signing 3/4/5 new players going to sort things out immediately? 
    Depends who we sign surely? 
  • Options
    Barnsley have been playing some decent football and were unlucky to lose today according to SSN. 

I think Stoke will have enough to stay up. Huddersfield away late Feb will be huge as well.