Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Macauley Bonne’s agent isn’t happy...

Comments

• Options
    Does anyone know how long he’s injured for 2-4 weeks?
  • Options
    Must be difficult for some on here as either slag off an agent or defend our medical team.

It shouldn't be played out in public but if what the agent is saying is true the much derided sports science team said it was high risk playing him. Bowyer had little choice, took the risk and it didn't come off.

But the fitness and medical will still be blamed for the many injuries.

I repeat the agent shouldn't to saying this in public but it shows things aren't as simplistic as some like to make it with "all agents are scum" and at the same time "our medical team are crap".
  • Options
    When Bonne pulled something, the bench were asking him if he had to come off but Bonne was indicating he was ok and to wait as he tried to run it off. 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    I'm sure it is true that he was flagged as high risk. But so what? Someone has to go up front. It's a fatigue injury. Hardly career ending. It's the club's right to play him and playing when you're knackered is just part of being a footballer. 

I'm sure Bonne feels some sense of loyalty towards this agent but should upgrade his representation now he's playing at this level.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Macauley Bonne's agent is a mook
  • Options
    Non league speccy agent
  • Options
    Must be difficult for some on here as either slag off an agent or defend our medical team.

It shouldn't be played out in public but if what the agent is saying is true the much derided sports science team said it was high risk playing him. Bowyer had little choice, took the risk and it didn't come off.

But the fitness and medical will still be blamed for the many injuries.

I repeat the agent shouldn't to saying this in public but it shows things aren't as simplistic as some like to make it with "all agents are scum" and at the same time "our medical team are crap".
    It’s not just what he wrote. It is what he thinks, and he fact that he thinks his position as an agent entitles him to say these things out loud. Do we really think his motivation was for Bonne’s physical and personal welfare? Now let’s have a think. Two days before the transfer window, and a few weeks since rather weird news clips suggesting a Premier League club was showing interest. Yeah, that’s a tough one to call....

of course not all agents are scum. However it is reasonable to call them leeches on the game since the financial rewards they take out from the game are out of all proportion to the value they bring to it. Again, see the Haarland story. By comparison, estate agents, another maligned species of intermediary, provide an essential social role.
  • Options
    The majority of agents are awful. However I know that Jonny William’s agent is a really good guy and has been fantastic for Jonny over the years.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How many players would have been flagged as high risk before the game last night.

I can guarantee Bonne, Taylor, Gallagher and Pratley would have been.

Can probably include the likes of Sarr who we are told struggles with recovery from 2 games in a week, Lockyer who has played a lot of minutes and Doughty/Morgan who are young and would likely benefit from a rest. 

Unfortunately we dont have the luxury of rotating the squad right now. Someone had to lead the line and it was a call Bow had to make. 

Early season there were some on here criticising bow for too much squad rotation. Now we see why he managed minutes so carefully.
    That’s football at Christmas. Non league clubs play as many matches as league ones, I bet Bonne wasn’t rotated when playing for Orient last season...

• Options
    Scoham said:
    He is a non league player who has been given a chance in the Championship. 
    Im still waiting for him to win a header. 
    He was winning headers soon as he came into the team. Not consistently, but he did. Gallagher’s goal away at Fulham is one example.
    One might argue Bonne's goal at Fulham is another example. 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Is this bloke an officially recognised agent, or just one of these start ups who claim to look after people's affairs and marketing etc.?
  • Options
    Mate you are the least of our worries now bore off.
  • Options
    Is this bloke an officially recognised agent, or just one of these start ups who claim to look after people's affairs and marketing etc.?
    They are all listed on the fa website
  • Options
    Missed It said:
    Chunes said:
    I'm sure it is true that he was flagged as high risk. But so what? Someone has to go up front. It's a fatigue injury. Hardly career ending. It's the club's right to play him and playing when you're knackered is just part of being a footballer. 

I'm sure Bonne feels some sense of loyalty towards this agent but should upgrade his representation now he's playing at this level.

I find it constantly dismaying how footballer's seem to be slaves to their agent's rather than treating their agents as someone who works for them.

I suspect Bonne's agent looks at this as his big opportunity after scuffling around the lower leagues.  He's acting like he's non-league though and needs to wind his neck in.  
    I wouldn't say he's acting like he's non-league. He'd get laughed at if he tried acting that way in the non-league scene. I'd say he's acting perfectly normally for an agent managing a player in the championship (ie: as an absolute arsehole) 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    They are all listed on the fa website
    Just looked and, as far as I can see, theres nothing for Mathew Halford, Kelvin Atkins  or Oakmont under either agent list, or the company list.