Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Macauley Bonne’s agent isn’t happy...

Comments

• Options
    Missed It said:
    Chunes said:
    I'm sure it is true that he was flagged as high risk. But so what? Someone has to go up front. It's a fatigue injury. Hardly career ending. It's the club's right to play him and playing when you're knackered is just part of being a footballer. 

I'm sure Bonne feels some sense of loyalty towards this agent but should upgrade his representation now he's playing at this level.

I find it constantly dismaying how footballer's seem to be slaves to their agent's rather than treating their agents as someone who works for them.

I suspect Bonne's agent looks at this as his big opportunity after scuffling around the lower leagues.  He's acting like he's non-league though and needs to wind his neck in.  
    I wouldn't say he's acting like he's non-league. He'd get laughed at if he tried acting that way in the non-league scene. I'd say he's acting perfectly normally for an agent managing a player in the championship (ie: as an absolute arsehole) 
    True, unprofessional certainly.  No need to splatter it all over twitter.
  • Options
    It equates to your wife meeting your boss at the Christmas party and her telling him you deserve 10 days leave. 
  • Options
    Is this bloke an officially recognised agent, or just one of these start ups who claim to look after people's affairs and marketing etc.?
    They all do that, mate. "Full service" dontcha know? They can charge retainer fees for that part of their "work" which means steady revenue for doing things like arranging their weekly shopping, with a massive mark-up. 
  • Options
    Does anyone know how long he’s injured for 2-4 weeks?
    Mat said it was a "career-ending" hamstring.
  • Options
  • Options
    A career ending hamstring you say?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Image result for Danny Haynes hamstring charlton
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    So career ending that he managed to play on until half time in what appeared to be not too much discomfort......at his own choosing.
  • Options
    Just means he won’t get a move this window - hence the agent’s angst
  • Options
    No way way he gonna move this window anyway, he only joined us in the summer.
  • Options
    Well, once Bonne has sat next to Lewis Page in the medical bay who knows!
  • Options
    He must have meant HIS career
  • Options
    Don't read that website from a position more than 5 seconds dash to the nearest toilet.
    If only it was printed on paper like the old days.
  • Options
    would not be in  the least surprised if he went in January .. getting pulled last night must have mightily pissed him off 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Agent is a chump for putting something like this into the public domain, and in a pretty unprofessional tone at that. BUT none of us know if what he is saying is true. It wouldn’t surprise me, at all, if it is.

If it is, I’m not sure I can defend Bowyers decision to play him. Yes it would have left us with very little option, but Davison is there, and Sarr or Pratley or someone could’ve been stationed up front. It probably wouldn’t have worked but it would’ve been one match without Bonne. Now it could be 6 or more, and we’ve forced another half into Taylor who’s already been asked to do too much too soon after injury. 

Also, the way he pulled up when running - it was obvious he’d done his hamstring but he wasn’t even pulled over to be assessed by the medical team. Instead he was allowed to play on purely on his own judgement, and risk worsening the injury. 

I thought the handling of the injury during the game was, at best, amateurish and, at worst, wantonly reckless. I think Bowyer has shown poor judgement and leadership on this occasion. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's deleted his account? 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    The career ending injury actually refers to himself. It’s that Bonne now definitely won’t be moving anywhere in January because that’s all his agent would have been doing all month, trying to engineer a move. Therefore, it could well be his career ending, due to the injury. Let’s hope so because Bonne deserves better than an agent like that.
    Absolutely right
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    No way way he gonna move this window anyway, he only joined us in the summer.
    Dont bank on it
    Rolys still in charge paying the wages and Bill's
    One last pay day for the old douche bag
  • Options
    twitter proving once again that’s it’s a beeeding ground for cocks 
  • Options
    Can anyone access the website ? I think it’s been taken down.
  • Options
    i guess the agent fears bonne's stock will never be higher than it is right now - clearly the actions of an agent looking to create a move - that's his tough bollox, the club hold all the cards with bonne and in going public like this, his agent has shot himself in the foot - can see bonne ditching him  
  • Options
    Definitely small time and lucky to have secured the move for Bonne he already has.

Hopefully Bonne will get some better advisors. 
  • Options
    masicat said:
    Can anyone access the website ? I think it’s been taken down.
    http://www.oakmontblacksports.com/

works for me