Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

West Brom home tickets to go on restricted sale

Comments

• Options
    Looks like a crowd of about 19k. I get the need for restricted sale, but it hasn't done us any favours here. 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    There are 4,975 tickets left in home areas. 
    Do you know if that's including or excluding the blocked off areas? If its including then it's a good turn out I think.just under 20k homes fans. 3k away fans, 3k blocked off. 
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:
    Simonsen said:
    There are 4,975 tickets left in home areas. 
    Do you know if that's including or excluding the blocked off areas? If its including then it's a good turn out I think.just under 20k homes fans. 3k away fans, 3k blocked off. 
    Excluding, as that would make It 22000 attendance 
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Looks like a crowd of about 19k. I get the need for restricted sale, but it hasn't done us any favours here. 
    I think we'll break 20k 
  • Options
    Maybe the Roland fans are now boycotting  :)
  • Options
    Kentred2, same joke less that 30 mins ago. 1 lol
  • Options
    The clamp down on age dodge tickets has done for many I suspect.
  • Options
    Kentred2, same joke less that 30 mins ago. 1 lol
    Sorry I don't trawl through all the posts, just skim through the pages so missed it.
  • Options
    I think with the rest of the today and online sales 2moz morning, i think it will just be over 20K

Barnsley on the 1st of Feb will be interesting with the free ticket offer, could easily hit 25k. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    CAFCTrev said:
    I think with the rest of the today and online sales 2moz morning, i think it will just be over 20K

Barnsley on the 1st of Feb will be interesting with the free ticket offer, could easily hit 25k. 
    I think that's very hopeful. It implies a one-in-two take-up with none of the free tickets going to people who would have attended anyway AND the same interest in the game as this one. The offer take-up is likely to be lower, as will be Barnsley's support compared to WBA's.

It's a good initiative and I am not criticising it, but realistically it will do well to match the WBA crowd.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The clamp down on age dodge tickets has done for many I suspect.
    Yes, i’ve just been round for an under 18 ticket and was given a half hearted grilling.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

I think that's very hopeful. It implies a one-in-two take-up with none of the free tickets going to people who would have attended anyway AND the same interest in the game as this one. The offer take-up is likely to be lower, as will be Barnsley's support compared to WBA's.

It's a good initiative and I am not criticising it, but realistically it will do well to match the WBA crowd.
    What do you think the Barnsley attendance will be? 
  • Options
    I have just received an email advertising tomorrow's fixture and the headline states 'fewer' but the main body of the text uses 'less'. Clearly the new owners are listening to fans and starting to change but it can't all be done overnight - slow and gradual as we learned yesterday. I'm very excited by this.
  • Options
    Slow day in the office.

East stand: 1800
    North: 359
    Quadrant: 450
    West lower:810
    West upper:1100

Still about 4500 tickets left on sale for tomorrow. Would have been nice to see a 20k crowd in the home end but that looks unrealistic with less than 24 hours to go. 

5.00pm update.

East stand: 1743
    Family; 11
    North: 317
    Quadrant: 479
    West lower: 795
    West upper:1495

Make that 4,840 still available.

• Options
    Tbf I think what might be effecting ticket sales is the squad. Without sounding like a glory hunter I had plans this Saturday but I cancelled because I figured show the support to the new ownership. Nearly didn't though as in my mind I thought well, we hardly have any proper first team players on show.

Worth noting I've only just moved back here and work almost every Saturday so a season ticket is a bit of a waste. Point is if I have that mindset I'm sure others will as well.

If we had made some January signings and players like Cullen, Lyle etc were not injured it would have added at least a thousand or thereabouts imo. Also league position probably putting off some people maybe 
    You sound exactly like a glory hunter (if there's such a Charlton supporting thing) :smile:
  • Options
    Tbf I think what might be effecting ticket sales is the squad. Without sounding like a glory hunter I had plans this Saturday but I cancelled because I figured show the support to the new ownership. Nearly didn't though as in my mind I thought well, we hardly have any proper first team players on show.

Worth noting I've only just moved back here and work almost every Saturday so a season ticket is a bit of a waste. Point is if I have that mindset I'm sure others will as well.

If we had made some January signings and players like Cullen, Lyle etc were not injured it would have added at least a thousand or thereabouts imo. Also league position probably putting off some people maybe 
    You sound exactly like a glory hunter (if there's such a Charlton supporting thing) :smile:
    It's just a thought, I still went to in excess of 20 or so games during 17/18 and 18/19 despite living half way across the country. 

I know it's a wum from you but imagine if you were someone who picks and chooses games. Hardly value for money to pay watching an injury ravaged team and on a dreadful run of results. I think the turnout is impressive if you look at things objectively 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    CAFCTrev said:
    CAFCTrev said:

What do you think the Barnsley attendance will be? 
    It could be influenced by signings and results between now and then but my best guess based on that being neutral would be about 19,000 officially at best.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    West2003 said:
    Ended my 3+ year boycott at the FA Cup match last weekend but I have to admit it didn't feel as special coming back when looking to see an empty Covered End upper tier and a closed East Stand! So I'm really looking forward to tomorrow and I hope we can get as many people through the turnstiles as possible.
    Do you know a season ticket holder?,try for the 1st February free ticket same stand.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Pretty disappointing, it's hit or miss if I can make it, if I could I would have showed up with about 4 of us. Proof of a previous match history with a match ticket on the day should suffice, can't risk booking now online 
    Print at home 
    You can get the print at home pdfs to work via your phone - we have tested, although I print ours usually.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    1,690 in East
    10 in Family
    53 in Lower Covered End
    208 in Upper Covered End
    468 in North West Quadrant
    786 in Lower West
    1,456 in Upper West

So 4,671 left 

Approx sold Charlton 16,329 WBA 3,100

Minimum Attendance 19,429

So we will almost certainly have a 20,000 + attendance.

• Options
    Most blocks in the covered end very close to selling out
  • Options
    Covered end how many for Barnsley already please?.
  • Options

So we will almost certainly have a 20,000 attendance.

I hope so, but I'm surprised you say that. 
  • Options
    Uboat said:

If we can't sell 600 between now and KO I'll .......
  • Options
    Uboat said:

If we can't sell 600 between now and KO I'll .......
    Buy all the spares yourself and give them to charity?
  • Options
    Covered end how many for Barnsley already please?.
    As the match isn't until February I can't be bothered to look as yet. Sorry.