Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

West Brom home tickets to go on restricted sale

Comments

• Options
    Covered end how many for Barnsley already please?.
    As the match isn't until February I can't be bothered to look as yet. Sorry.

Ok
  • Options
    West2003 said:
    Ended my 3+ year boycott at the FA Cup match last weekend but I have to admit it didn't feel as special coming back when looking to see an empty Covered End upper tier and a closed East Stand! So I'm really looking forward to tomorrow and I hope we can get as many people through the turnstiles as possible.
    Do you know a season ticket holder?,try for the 1st February free ticket same stand.

I don't, I'm afraid. A lot of people who had season tickets who we befriended before boycotting have drifted off and, for one reason or another, haven't been back. If anyone has a free ticket for the Barnsley match then I'd happily take it off your hands please. I'm not how many games I'll be able to make it to beyond Saturday as I'm not in a position to shell out £20-24 for a ticket every other week plus the other expenses involved with going to the football.
  • Options
    @West2003 Pm me...

if I cannot get a freebie, I will get you in ...

HNY 👍
  • Options
    Tbf I think what might be effecting ticket sales is the squad. Without sounding like a glory hunter I had plans this Saturday but I cancelled because I figured show the support to the new ownership. Nearly didn't though as in my mind I thought well, we hardly have any proper first team players on show.

Worth noting I've only just moved back here and work almost every Saturday so a season ticket is a bit of a waste. Point is if I have that mindset I'm sure others will as well.

If we had made some January signings and players like Cullen, Lyle etc were not injured it would have added at least a thousand or thereabouts imo. Also league position probably putting off some people maybe 
    Quite agree, first game for me since May 2016 & I like what I'm hearing from MS & I'm sure there will be quite a few more returnees who feel the same but I think with half the youth team playing & without (apologies to the Villa guy) one new signing that most people would of heard of I'm not surprised the attendance will "only" be around 20K. These things take time !
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    1,690 in East
    10 in Family
    53 in Lower Covered End
    208 in Upper Covered End
    468 in North West Quadrant
    786 in Lower West
    1,456 in Upper West

So 4,671 left 

Approx sold Charlton 16,329 WBA 3,100

Minimum Attendance 19,429

So we will almost certainly have a 20,000 + attendance.

I agree but ... not all seats unavailable are sold as the club bulk prints some for contingencies (system failure). So the actual number sold is likely to be a few hundred less. 
  • Options
    4 blocks in the covered end now sold out, whether freebies, contingency or not 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    I think with the rest of the today and online sales 2moz morning, i think it will just be over 20K

Barnsley on the 1st of Feb will be interesting with the free ticket offer, could easily hit 25k. 
    I think that's very hopeful. It implies a one-in-two take-up with none of the free tickets going to people who would have attended anyway AND the same interest in the game as this one. The offer take-up is likely to be lower, as will be Barnsley's support compared to WBA's.

It's a good initiative and I am not criticising it, but realistically it will do well to match the WBA crowd.
    What do you think the Barnsley attendance will be? 
    It could be influenced by signings and results between now and then but my best guess based on that being neutral would be about 19,000 officially at best.
    I'm going to predict that for Barnsley there will be at least 20k home fans in the ground
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    I think with the rest of the today and online sales 2moz morning, i think it will just be over 20K

Barnsley on the 1st of Feb will be interesting with the free ticket offer, could easily hit 25k. 
    I think that's very hopeful. It implies a one-in-two take-up with none of the free tickets going to people who would have attended anyway AND the same interest in the game as this one. The offer take-up is likely to be lower, as will be Barnsley's support compared to WBA's.

It's a good initiative and I am not criticising it, but realistically it will do well to match the WBA crowd.
    What do you think the Barnsley attendance will be? 
    It could be influenced by signings and results between now and then but my best guess based on that being neutral would be about 19,000 officially at best.
    I'm going to predict that for Barnsley there will be at least 20k home fans in the ground
    The Blackburn £5 game will be another 20k plus game.
  • Options
    234 left in the covered end 
  • Options
    Not sure I get the fascination with selling out the Covered End when other stands are half full?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure I get the fascination with selling out the Covered End when other stands are half full?
    https://youtu.be/Lsx6w8tij_g
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Half full ? Nearly 20000 tickets sold. You can count the others and post if it really bothers you ? Just counting up where I'm sitting ebenezer. Plus if people are on the fence it's good to post informative stuff that could get a few more on board. 

400 seats in block D west stand..... hurry and buy before you miss out isn't quite the same. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Half full ? Nearly 20000 tickets sold. You can count the others and post if it really bothers you ? Just counting up where I'm sitting ebenezer 
    The East Stand, West Upper and West lower are all around half full when you take on board closed blocks etc. Weren’t a dig at you btw
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Half full ? Nearly 20000 tickets sold. You can count the others and post if it really bothers you ? Just counting up where I'm sitting ebenezer 
    The East Stand, West Upper and West lower are all around half full when you take on board closed blocks etc. Weren’t a dig at you btw
    Probably makes sense to skip the blocks that cant be purchased. 
  • Options
    Why haven't the new owners opened the closed blocks?

Easy to do, costs minimal, sends big statement to fans that we want to fill the ground.
  • Options

Easy to do, costs minimal, sends big statement to fans that we want to fill the ground.
    Sell out Barnsley and Blackburn and they might do 
  • Options
    Chicken and egg.

Can't sell out the ground without opening the closed sections first.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Chicken and egg.

Can't sell out the ground without opening the closed sections first.
    You can sell out what's available though. I thought free tickets and football for a fiver were pretty strong signals of intent. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Not sure I would classify opening a couple of blocks as a “big statement”
  • Options
    So can we walk up to get tickets today if we are members?
    I could book online but won't know if I can go until quite late so not sure if that's possible?
  • Options
    I could book online but won't know if I can go until quite late so not sure if that's possible?
    Yeah ul be fine 
  • Options

They probably would if we sold out the available blocks first.

Even the last regime did that for the Doncaster play off, so no reason why ESI won't.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    It should be - can anybody clarify this? - as long as you have a purchase history you should be able to do it on you phone just before the game even and use the pdf that is generated via your phone to get in. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    shine166 said:
    234 left in the covered end 
    216 in the cupboard 
  • Options
    Gonna be a great atmosphere today, would be good to introduce MS on the pitch (on behalf of ESI) just after the teams have come out, the fella deserves the ovation he would clearly get 
  • Options
    It should be - can anybody clarify this? - as long as you have a purchase history you should be able to do it on you phone just before the game even and use the pdf that is generated via your phone to get in. 
    If you have a Con number/Red Card/ call it what you want you can purchase.

If you haven't, you're genuine and can kinda "prove" you're not a WBA fan, you could ask someone else in the queue to get you tickets. I'm confident someone would unless you had a Brummy accent.